Sony Open in Hawaii Thread (Spoilers)

Not really sure about the rest of his bag. I just notice that he was hitting a RBZ 3 wood. I would be very happy with a 260 3 wood.

Not really sure about the rest of his bag. I just notice that he was hitting a RBZ 3 wood. I would be very happy with a 260 3 wood.

I hit one 269 with JB off the tee. The club can move a golf ball,

Funny that the moderator in the media tent moved questions away from no golf related topics with Matt Every. How things have changed in a year....

Well with the 2nd cut I am down to only one player in my B group, that is some kinda good picking right there. Missed on 3 of the 4 even being there on Sunday.

Choi, Frazar, Kirk, and Wagner all gave me double digits for 56 points total - solid!

Moved me from 17th to 11th in group 1.

Finish strong tonight boys - Wagner 2 shots out gets the win today!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I only have Brendon Dejone left in my B group so I'm running with three

I went in and changed 3 players yesterday who had missed the cut then saved the roster. I check in several times yesterday and it was giving me updates with the players I had chosen on my roster and their points for the day. I checked in this morning to see what position that left me in and was surprised to see my original roster and none of the points the others had picked up for me. I changed the roster again today and saved it, but I have no idea if I will have the same happen again today. Oh well, not much difference between being in 38th yesterday and 39th today. ugh.

When you click on "My Team" which guys does it show the yellow highlight on for their rounds?
Truthfully, I have not seen anything like your describing happen before. I have changed my team around and forgot to click save though.

It still shows the guys I originally picked through the first 3 rounds, with the guys I changed out this morning highlighted in yellow now. The thing that boggles my mind is the changes I made yesterday were showing as being active when I checked in during the 3rd round, but they still did not figure in at the end of the round so I am sure I saved it yesterday. Strange, but I am not really that concerned as I am doing such a crummy job of picking anyway. Just thought I would mention it to see if anyone else had has this happen.

No thoughts on Every's "jump" swing?

There are lots of unique swings on tour but his footwork is jacked up.

No epic collapse by Every as of yet.

No thoughts on Every's "jump" swing?

There are lots of unique swings on tour but his footwork is jacked up.

If big boy Charlie had never brought it up, it wouldn't be a topic. But there has to be headlines and bylines.

No epic collapse by Every as of yet.

I am torn on this. I want him to win because of Bridgestone but then I want him to fail because of his attitude.

Since those are a wash, I guess in the end I really don't care how he does as I am a bit happy/disappointed either way.

I am torn on this. I want him to win because of Bridgestone but then I want him to fail because of his attitude.

Since those are a wash, I guess in the end I really don't care how he does as I am a bit happy/disappointed either way.

What's wrong with his attitude? Why does everyone have to toe the same
line. What's that saying, variety is the spice of life.
The guy has a Charles Barkley air about him just not the longevity to pull it off and have it excepted

The guy has a Charles Barkley air about him just not the longevity to pull it off and have it excepted

I completely agree. At least he is honest. You can't say that about everyone.

Sent from my forged iPad

If big boy Charlie had never brought it up, it wouldn't be a topic. But there has to be headlines and bylines.

I've never heard of the guy until this week. Without an awkward interview and a gargantuan putter I wouldn't have given him a 2nd thought (even if he wins). So, obviously, I would have never known about his swing and I didn't hear what Charlie said about it. It was while watching last night with Faldo and SuperG that I was exposed to the ballerina known as Matt Every.

I can't believe Imada missed the cut. I remember seeing him at -3 for the day at one point yesterday and he finished at +1. Coulda used him to stick around. Go CHIII!

Simply stated, in his interview he was a disgrace to his sponsors IMO. Variety is fine but basically saying that there is nothing wrong with getting high and you have not changed is not likely what his sponsors/tour want to see.

And then to go on and implicate the rest of the guys on tour for doing "much worse". What the hell is that?

There is something called being a professional and this guy does not exhibit those traits.

Simply stated, in his interview he was a disgrace to his sponsors IMO. Variety is fine but basically saying that there is nothing wrong with getting high and you have not changed is not likely what his sponsors/tour want to see.

And then to go on and implicate the rest of the guys on tour for doing "much worse". What the hell is that?

There is something called being a professional and this guy does not exhibit those traits.

I'm sure if his sponsors don't like it then they'll dump him. I think you guys are being quite harsh. Clearly Matt Every wants the past left behind.

Sent from my forged iPad

I'm sure if his sponsors don't like it then they'll dump him. I think you guys are being quite harsh. Clearly Matt Every wants the past left behind.

Sent from my forged iPad

And it could have been behind him. No need for an apology or explanation from him. Just say - it is in the past, water under the bridge, I have moved on.

If he would have said any of those things we would not be discussing it. He had to know the question would eventually come and instead he decides to basically defend himself and throw a half-ass implication out there for the rest of the tour doing worse stuff. Moron....

Back