The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my fellow iPhone owners, if you need a water/dust proof case check out lifeproof.com. It also takes some pretty nasty falls. I have had mine for a couple months now and love it. My friends didn't believe me it was water proof until I put it in the sink.

a coworker of mine has this case. It's totally waterproof.

Teach me oh wise one
Its pretty simple now, they released a new jailbreak and all it takes is plugging your iphone in to your computer and following the directions on the screen. Do you have the iPhone 4s or just the 4? I cant remember which you had.

So you updated in jailbreak and it's still in jail break?
I just read this, you can update and it will erase the jailbreak and be fresh again.

Its pretty simple now, they released a new jailbreak and all it takes is plugging your iphone in to your computer and following the directions on the screen. Do you have the iPhone 4s or just the 4? I cant remember which you had.

I just read this, you can update and it will erase the jailbreak and be fresh again.

I have the 4

I have the 4
Ok, this is the info I followed to jailbreak it.

http://www.imore.com/2011/12/27/untethered-jailbreak-a4-device-ios-501-redsn0w-0910b1/

B
asically, all you do is download the Redsnow program to your PC. Open it redsnow program, plug your phone in and follow the on screen info. (Plug phone in, then turn it off while still plugged in, then hit the buttons and it will tell you to hold the power button down, etc etc and then it does all the work. Takes a few minutes to do. There's a lot of information in that link on how to do it. I messed up a few times and had to reset my iphone and try again.

iClarified is also a ridiculously great site for Apple stuff, especially jailbreaking/unlocking. Here's a link to tutorials relating to jailbreaking iPhones. http://iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=2

As you can see, you choose your phone and what you want to do. Very easy instructions, links to everything you need.

The monopoly app is well worth 99 cents. Games move very quickly too

Agreed with this. Although the AI seems like it makes you And the computers land on every spot unlike in real life. Just sometimes it doesn't feel right but well worry the money

For you folks who've jailbroken your phone....what have you done with it after the jailbreak? What non-Apple approved apps have you installed? Somebody sell me on the idea of doing a jailbreak on either my iPad or iPhone.

For you folks who've jailbroken your phone....what have you done with it after the jailbreak? What non-Apple approved apps have you installed? Somebody sell me on the idea of doing a jailbreak on either my iPad or iPhone.

It wont be me. I did mine and found my battery life to be awful and my phone got so slow it was unbearable. Did one of the updates to wipe out the JB and all is well now. I found nothing about JB'ing that made it worth those consequences. You can load custom skins and themes? Not worth it imo.

I did the jailbreak just because I like to mess around and see what the phone can do. Whenever I jailbreak it's usually only for a few weeks then I go back to stock.

I like intelliscreenx, lock info,sbsettings. My favorite is the my3g feature which lets me FaceTime on 3G, that way my wife/daughter can facetime me even when I'm not on wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't have one of these. Hopefully this changes soon...

Do it! I had this conversation with someone Saturday, in the 2 weeks I've had it I'm quite impressed. Very stable, I never get errors of something bombing out and having to force close like I did with the Andriod (daily). You won't regret it.

coolbreeze, how are you and your new iPhone getting along?

coolbreeze, how are you and your new iPhone getting along?
We are getting along fine. I hate itunes and think it needs to be redone, but other than that it is a fine phone. The thing I use it the most for is actually making a hot spot and using my laptop on the road which I like, but for the most part I am still getting used to it. The thing it is not so good at is a phone, I've had some people complain about the quality of my voice during phone calls. Is this a known issue or is it my phone or do I just sound that bad?

Maybe it's b/c you're in BFE Canada breezey, lol

I have the Iphone 4. Has anyone else had a problem where you can't send pictures to anyone that doesn't have an Iphone? I can send pictures on iMessage, but not to a non-iphone.

We are getting along fine. I hate itunes and think it needs to be redone, but other than that it is a fine phone. The thing I use it the most for is actually making a hot spot and using my laptop on the road which I like, but for the most part I am still getting used to it. The thing it is not so good at is a phone, I've had some people complain about the quality of my voice during phone calls. Is this a known issue or is it my phone or do I just sound that bad?

Whats so bad about iTunes? Ive heard this a lot before but I find it quite easy to use and really now you dont have to use iTunes anymore anyway. I haven't connected my iPhone to the computer since the iOS5 update.

Honestly I think the phone is pretty good now. The iPhone4 got 1000x better in this aspect. The first two iPhones were awful as I couldn't hear anyone and they always dropped calls. But you know phone call quality is also relative to the service its on too.

I have the Iphone 4. Has anyone else had a problem where you can't send pictures to anyone that doesn't have an Iphone? I can send pictures on iMessage, but not to a non-iphone.

I can fix this for you bulldogs, but I will need you to first remove the IJP wenis from your sig. :bulgy-eyes:

Spoiler
JK! Havent seen that before.

Maybe it's b/c you're in BFE Canada breezey, lol
Why you have to go hating on Canada? I know you love our ways here and wish you lived in the Commonwealth.

Whats so bad about iTunes? Ive heard this a lot before but I find it quite easy to use and really now you dont have to use iTunes anymore anyway. I haven't connected my iPhone to the computer since the iOS5 update.

Honestly I think the phone is pretty good now. The iPhone4 got 1000x better in this aspect. The first two iPhones were awful as I couldn't hear anyone and they always dropped calls. But you know phone call quality is also relative to the service its on too.
I have no idea man, I don't like the way itunes is laidout and find it clunky in the way it works, but I'm overall pleased with the phone. I think I might give it to my wife though and buy an android.

Why you have to go hating on Canada? I know you love our ways here and wish you lived in the Commonwealth.

I have no idea man, I don't like the way itunes is laidout and find it clunky in the way it works, but I'm overall pleased with the phone. I think I might give it to my wife though and buy an android with 3 extra batteries (one for driving to work, one for lunch break and one for driving home), two extra chargers and car chargers for all my vehicles plus a solar panel for golf cart charging.

hehe FIFY buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back