Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet I have sneezed 100 times today. Doesn't your heart stop every time you sneeze?

Kevin
It does. That's why people say "God Bless You."

I bet I have sneezed 100 times today. Doesn't your heart stop every time you sneeze?

Kevin
I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure you close your eyes when you sneeze. You also put a halt to urine flow when you sneeze. It's impossible to pee while sneezing.

You're brain says, "Stop peeing! We're going to sneeze now!" - - - George Carlin

I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure you close your eyes when you sneeze. You also put a halt to urine flow when you sneeze. It's impossible to pee while sneezing.

You're brain says, "Stop peeing! We're going to sneeze now!" - - - George Carlin

Now I want to try to prove this wrong

I thought it was something to do with evil spirits.

My rant, its cold and I spent all day mucking around in the swamp. Lemme tell ya standing in cold water up to your fellas gets old quick. The atv ride after isn't much better.

--
tapatalk

I thought it was something to do with evil spirits.

I think that's it. Before they knew it stopped your heart, they thought of it as a sign of possession or ill health or something so they started blessing people who did it.

Did you get around them?
nope. i didnt have anything going on today so i just watched in amazement how bad those guys were

im gonna have to test out the sneeze myths... i know you can pass some serious gas when you sneeze tho

I think that's it. Before they knew it stopped your heart, they thought of it as a sign of possession or ill health or something so they started blessing people who did it.
You're heart doesn't stop when you sneeze.

You're heart doesn't stop when you sneeze.

It does not and some people can sneeze with their eyes open. The muscles are so close together most people blink when they sneeze though. Some will argue that saying "God bless you" comes from the days of the black plague. Sneezing was a sign of the disease and the blessing was a last rights thing of sorts.

It does not and some people can sneeze with their eyes open. The muscles are so close together most people blink when they sneeze though. Some will argue that saying "God bless you" comes from the days of the black plague. Sneezing was a sign on the disease and the blessing was a last rights thing of sorts.

Everyone can sneeze with their eyes open, but they can't necessarily control it. They proved it on Mythbusters.

Thanks for clearing it up. That makes sense.
Its not a full skip, but it does skip. When you sneeze, pressure builds up in your chest and that pressure pushes on the vena cava and prevents a bit of blood from flowing in to your heart. So, after your sneeze, on the next beat, there is less than a normal amount of blood to pump, causing a "skip". On the next beat, your heart then equalizes the amount, and moves forward with no problem.

Your eyes will pop out if you keep them open when sneeze, and somewhere a tebow gets its wings.

--
tapatalk

Everyone can sneeze with their eyes open, but they can't necessarily control it. They proved it on Mythbusters.
I thought they physically held their eyes open on Mythbusters. Don't know if you could do it in a normal situation.

You cannot keep your eyes open during a sneeze. It's physically impossible.

I thought they physically held their eyes open on Mythbusters. Don't know if you could do it in a normal situation.

You can do it, I was just joshing. I take my eyes seriously :sly:

--
tapatalk

/beginrant

Chopsticks.

/endrant

Steel Tappin'

/beginrant

Chopsticks.

/endrant

Steel Tappin'

You can do it! They're pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Once my mom picked up 3 peanuts end-to-end with chopsticks. It was impressive. It just takes practice!

I can use them well enough but forks are just so much darn easier.

Steel Tappin'

im asian and i say screw using chopsticks hahaha
they arent even good at chopping

I love my chopsticks...use them all the time

Chopsticks equal a big fail for me, maybe the next time I diet I should use only chopsticks instead of forks to help me lower my food intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back