MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
In the past I've used Windex to clean my clubs but it just occurred to me that using Windex may not be good for my clubs. Do you guys just use dish soap and water? Aren't metal brushes bad too?

On another note, I did do a search for cleaning clubs and found the guy who cleaned his clubs in a hotel with a tooth brush and toilet water. LOL. I had to tell my wife that story. Poor guy. Don't want to be mean but using toilet water when the bath tub and sink were available was so funny!d

I would not think Windex would do any harm. I just use a nylon bristle brush and soap and water to clean my clubs in the kitchen sink. It is easy and I have the 2nd sink full of clean water to rinse the soap off of the club. I do the grips at the same time using the brush and soapy water.

I would not think Windex would do any harm. I just use a nylon bristle brush and soap and water to clean my clubs in the kitchen sink. It is easy and I have the 2nd sink full of clean water to rinse the soap off of the club. I do the grips at the same time using the brush and soapy water.

Agree with this. Soap and nylon brush..warm water too

If you have the option I would just use soap/water. Windex has amonnia or similar and that can't be great for clubs. If the spray bottle is such a convienience, can't you just fillit with soapy water?

Dish soap and water for me. I use a toothbrush for the grooves and oily places and a washcloth and towel to finish off. I'll use a tee to clean out really dirty grooves or grips.

Windex should be fine though. It may smell a little. I prefer lemon dish soap :)

soap and warm water with a nylon scrub brush for me.

Warm water and a nylon brush for me as well. Dish soap here and there as well.

Tappin' using my Galaxy Tab

In the past I've used Windex to clean my clubs but it just occurred to me that using Windex may not be good for my clubs. Do you guys just use dish soap and water? Aren't metal brushes bad too?

On another note, I did do a search for cleaning clubs and found the guy who cleaned his clubs in a hotel with a tooth brush and toilet water. LOL. I had to tell my wife that story. Poor guy. Don't want to be mean but using toilet water when the bath tub and sink were available was so funny!d

I've used Windex to clean every club I've owned for the last thirty years with no issues. I play everyday and clean my clubs everyday after every round and always with Windex.

My Greek grandfather puts Windex on mosquito bites :D

I use an old nylon dish brush and dish soap and water .

Why would you use Windex, something is used to clean glass, to clean metal??? Ive always just used dish soap and warm water. You can use a brass club brush if your clubs are stainless but I wouldnt use it on carbon steel clubs. Brass is a bit too harsh for the softer carbon steel.

Old toothbrush and warm water, all I've ever needed.

Warm soapy water is about it for me. Once in a while I buff up with a light car wax, non-hitting surface's.

So long as you don't soak the clubs in windex it wouldn't do any harm, but it IS designed for glass, so just warm soapy water would likely be better.

Plain water in the buckets at the range (with nylon brushes); plain water in my ball/club cleaner on my cart; but at home, in the garage:

ULTRASOUND !!

Why fool around <g>?

I have used windex for years to clean, well, everything. I keep a bottle in the truck and use it to clean the clubs all the time. I find it easier to squirt and wipe my clubs down as I am getting in the truck then when I get home busting out the bucket and water. I have never had any problems with rusting or spotting and I am willing to bet I use my clubs longer than most here (not by choice).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Why would you use Windex, something is used to clean glass, to clean metal??? Ive always just used dish soap and warm water. You can use a brass club brush if your clubs are stainless but I wouldnt use it on carbon steel clubs. Brass is a bit too harsh for the softer carbon steel.

Run that by me again???
Brass is several times softer than steel.

I don't think there is any harm with windex. Some putter finishes could be picky, but irons and wedges are pretty hard to wreck.

Dish soap, warm water, nylon brush. It works great. I also use car wax on driver and fairway wood heads and graphite shafts. I clean my grips regularly too.

Wet towel for me and maybe a brush if they are filthy.

Dish soap, warm water, nylon brush. It works great. I also use car wax on driver and fairway wood heads and graphite shafts. I clean my grips regularly too.

Same here with the dish soap, water, brush.

I never thought of the car wax idea.

Tap Tap Tap

I use dish detergent, keeps them nice and shiny :act-up:

Everything in life is subjective, including club cleaning. There is no right or wrong answer.

Back