TaylorMade RBZ Irons - Forum Testing Signup

Congrats to the winners. This was the reason I came here (TM tweet), but I've just been scouring through so many old and new threads, I almost forgot about it. Can't believe how much you can learn (and kill time on) here.
This wasn't a contest, so there aren't any "winners", other than the forum who will be getting a wide variety of individual reviews on these.

A lot of people who join when a testing is going on consider it a contest, when that is not the case.

This wasn't a contest, so there aren't any "winners", other than the forum who will be getting a wide variety of individual reviews on these. A lot of people who join when a testing is going on consider it a contest, when that is not the case.
Well they won the opportunity to test these.... Looking forward to seeing the results no matter how you word it.

Congrats to the testers. Can't wait to hear about these irons!

Well they won the opportunity to test these.... Looking forward to seeing the results no matter how you word it.
I disagree. But if you think it was a contest, more power to you.

I disagree. But if you think it was a contest, more power to you.
Sprinta, I understand what you are saying. I found THP last spring when I was shopping around for some new golf equipment. They were testing some irons that I was really interested in and could not wait to see what the testers posted each day leading up to my purchase. I could see that it was a lot of work what the testers were doing, but the real winner in the whole thing was me, the reader. I won, because I got instant, unbias feedback on the equipment which ultimately went into my purchase. I think it's more of an honor thing with me than actually feeling like we 'won' something. It's a great opportunity that comes with many duties.

Come back and check the forum out once we start getting the clubs in! You might like what you hear!

Sprinta, I understand what you are saying. I found THP last spring when I was shopping around for some new golf equipment. They were testing some irons that I was really interested in and could not wait to see what the testers posted each day leading up to my purchase. I could see that it was a lot of work what the testers were doing, but the real winner in the whole thing was me, the reader. I won, because I got instant, unbias feedback on the equipment which ultimately went into my purchase. I think it's more of an honor thing with me than actually feeling like we 'won' something. It's a great opportunity that comes with many duties.

Come back and check the forum out once we start getting the clubs in! You might like what you hear!

Well said brother :clapp:

Still completely floored by this opportunity and looking forward to it. Full disclosure on my bias, I was highly pondering these irons as my next set. I have been struggling with my current irons and feel that I maybe bought a little too much club for my game. I can hit them well on the range and will squeeze out some decent rounds but really could use a lot more forgiveness. A little stronger set was in my sights as well as I really feel that one club length would make a huge difference in my game. From what I have read on this set, I may just get a little more.

The technology in this set seems to be pretty cool. It's really a combo set with a nice transition from the long irons to short irons with each iron individually engineered to deliver distance and accuracy. The whole RBZ lineup has my eye and will hopefully let me keep up on the course.

I really can't wait to get these in hand and see what I can do especially as I continue my lessons.

Thanks again to THP and TM for letting us regular joes report on the newest and hottest products coming out!

Congrats to the testers. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews from everyone.

Still completely floored by this opportunity and looking forward to it. Full disclosure on my bias, I was highly pondering these irons as my next set. I have been struggling with my current irons and feel that I maybe bought a little too much club for my game. I can hit them well on the range and will squeeze out some decent rounds but really could use a lot more forgiveness. A little stronger set was in my sights as well as I really feel that one club length would make a huge difference in my game. From what I have read on this set, I may just get a little more.

The technology in this set seems to be pretty cool. It's really a combo set with a nice transition from the long irons to short irons with each iron individually engineered to deliver distance and accuracy. The whole RBZ lineup has my eye and will hopefully let me keep up on the course.

I really can't wait to get these in hand and see what I can do especially as I continue my lessons.

Thanks again to THP and TM for letting us regular joes report on the newest and hottest products coming out!

Frank -- I can't wait to hit the longer RBZ irons and see how they work on the short par four holes. I love my 4 - iron and use it quite often off the tee. The new design for the TM long irons sounds very interesting to say the least!

Frank -- I can't wait to hit the longer RBZ irons and see how they work on the short par four holes. I love my 4 - iron and use it quite often off the tee. The new design for the TM long irons sounds very interesting to say the least!

what set-up did you go with Gray? 3-pw 4-pw? 5-aw?

what set-up did you go with Gray? 3-pw 4-pw? 5-aw?

That's a really good question? I was assuming that all sets would be 3 - pw however what ever they send, I will put through the paces.

That's a really good question? I was assuming that all sets would be 3 - pw however what ever they send, I will put through the paces.

That's what I was thinking as well, but we shall see!

I asked GG about this and it's looking like 4-AW, but yes whatever hits the doorstep will get a thorough workout.

Tapatalk

I cannot wait to hear the reviews from you guys. Are any of you testers going to be able to test these head to head with the burner 2.0s? I'm curious how much better these will perform compared to the Burner 2.0 line. Btw, out of sheer curiosity, are they fitting you guys for the set they are sending you (length, lie, shaft,etc.)??

I asked GG about this and it's looking like 4-AW, but yes whatever hits the doorstep will get a thorough workout.

Tapatalk

Nice, I can dig that. I don't hit a 3 iron much anyways.

Tapatalk

I'm hoping this is the case so we can try out the ATV sole in the AW. I'm stoked about this!

I cannot wait to hear the reviews from you guys. Are any of you testers going to be able to test these head to head with the burner 2.0s? I'm curious how much better these will perform compared to the Burner 2.0 line. Btw, out of sheer curiosity, are they fitting you guys for the set they are sending you (length, lie, shaft,etc.)??

I don't know anybody that plays the 2.0's right now, but if anybody at the Texas outing has 2.0's in the bag Nate and myself will have the RBZ's out there.

I don't know anybody that plays the 2.0's right now, but if anybody at the Texas outing has 2.0's in the bag Nate and myself will have the RBZ's out there.

No 2.0's here either, sorry.

I have had the opportunity to hit a few shots with the 2.0 versions so maybe I can give some indication on the differences. If another tester actually has owned a set of the 2.0 irons then you get a great comparison.

I don't know anyone with a set of 2.0's either. I'll look around.

Tapatalk

If nothing else I can go up to Golfsmith and hit some 2.0's next to the RBZ's on the range.

Whoa guys! What quick replies! It's all good if you can't compare them. I'm just curious how they compare head on with the 2.0s as far as feel, distance, control forgiveness, etc. Again, I can't wait to hear all the reviews and what you guys think of these new clubs. I think a lot of us are just as excited to read your reviews as you all are to write them.

Congrates guys. Good luck and can't wait to read the review.

Whoa guys! What quick replies! It's all good if you can't compare them. I'm just curious how they compare head on with the 2.0s as far as feel, distance, control forgiveness, etc. Again, I can't wait to hear all the reviews and what you guys think of these new clubs. I think a lot of us are just as excited to read your reviews as you all are to write them.

We're here to please Rvick.

No 2.0's here either. I have a cool little plan I'm looking forward to do and should be able to get my hands on a 2.0 to compare. Will add it to the to-do list.

Back