SethO did that exact putter you have... look like 5 pages back it's in there somewhere.

nah one guy talked about doing his but no pics of a california that ive seen in this thread i checked every page.

How do you guys do ultra-fine detail work? Like thin lines and stuff like that?

A very thin paint brush or even a pin would do the job. A pin or needle or whatever should be able to make really thin lines.

A toothpick does the trick

a toothpick and a paper towel to wipe off the excess... heck i just slob the paint on and wipe off where i dont want it

Fill the lines and then run a piece of cardboard edge first to wipe the excess. It will smear, but after it dries for about an hour, you can take some lite acetone on a q-tip and gently wipe the excess away. Works every time.

Fill the lines and then run a piece of cardboard edge first to wipe the excess. It will smear, but after it dries for about an hour, you can take some lite acetone on a q-tip and gently wipe the excess away. Works every time.
Sounds like a plan. I want to really take my CC BP to the next level in the looks department, and paintfill sounds like the way to go. What do yall think on colors? Light blue maybe?

Masking tape comes in handy as well if you want to avoid certain spots. Allows you to add excess paint without making mistakes.

I haven't run across this thread before but I thought I'd post up my club too. I picked a color for my 910 D2 to matchup with the Diamana Kai'li shaft.

P1010447.jpg

did the wedges and irons today, here are some before and after pictures.

UCF colors, GO KNIGHTS!!

P1070282.jpg
P1070283.jpg

P1070284.jpg
P1070288.jpg

P1070293.jpg
P1070295.jpg

P1070298.jpg
P1070299.jpg

Nice looking irons marshall. I saw ucf beat georgia at the liberty bowl last year cause I live in Memphis.

Those look great marshallucf.

Alright I think I'm going to force myself to sit down and do my paint fill this weekend. I'll clean the clubs up real nice and finally get it done.

I'm all ready to paint fill my clubs. I just need to go buy some acetone. That's what works best right? All I have in the house is diluted acetone (nail polish remover).

Klean strip or whatever is a jelly that works phenomenally.
I'm all ready to paint fill my clubs. I just need to go buy some acetone. That's what works best right? All I have in the house is diluted acetone (nail polish remover).

Klean strip or whatever is a jelly that works phenomenally.

Thanks dude. What did you apply it with? A rag, paper towel, cotton ball?

J40 wedge
aeffcf94-78f3-630b.jpg
aeffcf94-7906-260a.jpg

J38 iron before
aeffcf94-7924-65b7.jpg

After
aeffcf94-7934-cd90.jpg

Have some touching up to do

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Those look awesome Matty. Really awesome coloring. Why yellow? I do really like that look though.

Nice Matty, those look pretty clean.

Bridgestone is red/black/ yellow. And since I have yellow black grips I did the heads the same

Bridgestone is red/black/ yellow. And since I have yellow black grips I did the heads the same

Ok....those are precision instruments, not pieces of art...lol! Nice work matty

Ok....those are precision instruments, not pieces of art...lol! Nice work matty

Haha. I know. I'm weird like that

Those look awesome Matty. Very clean and simple.

Great job on the j38/j40.

Matty,
The wedges looked great already, and look even better now! The J38 CB irons are some of my favorite as far as looks go... and they look even better now!!

Back