Bridgestone Golf Selects Putter Supplier For The 2012 Morgan Cup

have fun guys! gonna be an amazing time!

I'm back from the trek to Minnesota, after 8 hours in the car I'm pretty tired and now I'm spending time with my daughter but I promise either tonight or tomorrow I'll get a full recap posted up along with some pictures and videos from today. I will say it was nothing short of awesome!!!!

I can't imagine it went any other way than great. Can't wait to see what you all picket out.

I'm back from the trek to Minnesota, after 8 hours in the car I'm pretty tired and now I'm spending time with my daughter but I promise either tonight or tomorrow I'll get a full recap posted up along with some pictures and videos from today. I will say it was nothing short of awesome!!!!

can't wait to hear more Jake!

Very nice Jake; glad you made the trek safely!! Really looking forward to the complete write up and the reveal of what each of you was fitted for.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

If you aren't following @bettinardigolf on twitter please do. They are pushing for a 1000 followers. Let's get behind them they way they got behind THP

I got a tweet today saying they were 14 away from 1000. Come on boys this should have been done already!

If you aren't following @bettinardigolf on twitter please do. They are pushing for a 1000 followers. Let's get behind them they way they got behind THP
Just followed them, retweeted then tweeted.

Done good sir.

I was already following them. Let's go people!

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

Thank you Freddie for you effort on the Morgan Cup facebook and twitter pages as well as the travel arrangements you have been working on.

Thank you Freddie for you effort on the Morgan Cup facebook and twitter pages as well as the travel arrangements you have been working on.

My pleasure sir!

Followed!

Followed!

You may want to follow the 2012 bettinardi putters thread too. I believe that is where all of the reviews and thoughts will be leading up to and after The Morgan Cup.

Seeing some posts yesterday reminded me how that (how could I possibly get it off my mind) not only are we so extremely lucky to have beautiful Bettinardi putters in the bag BUT we are also getting Bettinardi belt buckles to help complete our apparel scripting!

I mean seriously, how freaking cool is that?!?!?! I am so stoked about it, its not even funny!

You guys are so lucky, Betti makes some of the best looking putters, screw scotty lol the Bettis are so attractive and sadly I've let two of them slip away this week. . . :disapointed:

Hey MCers, how much confidence have you guys gained with your custom putters? Has there been a honeymoon period?

Hey MCers, how much confidence have you guys gained with your custom putters? Has there been a honeymoon period?

Great question blugold and I will admit that I don't have a great answer.

I started with the BB53C belly putter and struggled in all aspects. Bettinardi was wonderful to work with and they cut it down to 35" and regripped it for me, zero questions asked.

Since I have had it at 35", I have had good days and bad days. I have learned that I despise slow greens, that shag you get when not cut that morning, etc. Some days I struggle with speed, some days with aim, and some days both.

I have recently made a putting grip change that seems to help me with keeping it square and has helped the aim issues. I am hoping that the speed issues are more attributed to the greens and going from one course to another and never adapting. It is nothing terrible, just not making anything in that 10-20 foot range and 2 putting a ton of greens.

No rain here lately so greens are getting cut again daily so I am hopeful that my new grip will start showing some progress. I used to consider putting a strength but that has not been the case as of late for me.

54 holes at 2 different courses over the next 3 days will put it back to the test for me.

There was a honeymoon period for me as I got the putter over the winter and was lights out inside rolling it on my putting green. It didn't transfer as well outside as I had thought it would. It has taken a couple months but I am now putting better than I ever have. Having the putter fit at Studio B is a huge part of it for me. I have a ton of confidence standing over the ball and I know the putt is going to roll true and stay on line. The only thing I need to worry about is pace and line which has nothing to do with the putter itself. 3 jacks used to occur 2-3 times a round and now I see them once every 2-3 rounds. I couldn't be happier with the putter at the moment. I get a ton of complements on how it looks as well which is a nice little added bonus.

I will comment more after my round tomorrow. I had some ups and downs with it early on, but I have been rolling it pretty well for the last 6 weeks or so.

hooked up! What a great opportunity for the whole MC 2.0 teams. Go out there an hit some greens THPers, just make sure to repair them please! Course policy and just plan common courtesy.

No there hasn't been any honeymoon period. I love my Betti. It rolls so nice and true. As long as I read the green correctly I do pretty well. My 10' and short putts are the biggest difference for me. The fitting at studio B was well worth the trip! Confidence over the ball has sky rocketed on the green for me.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

So, we know that Bettinardi will be supplying the Bettinardi/Bridgestone staffers with belt buckles which is just simply amazing. Well, when you see some of the custom work that they have done in the past it really makes you wonder what they will come up with for the Morgan Cup. Few examples of some really cool stuff they have done are below. My mind is racing crazy thinking about what we will see soon enough!!

119A.jpg

187A.jpg

92A.jpg

124A.jpg

Back