Hello from Portugal

psampaio

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone.

My name is Pedro and I'm a 33yo newcomer from Porto, Portugal. I've been lurking for some time now and decided to register to be part of this community, especially since I've learned a lot from reading many threads here.

I had my first golf experience last August, a one hour lesson I got on a deal from Groupon. Ever since, I've had several lessons and became a member of a local course and have been playing a lot more. I usually practice every week day for an hour or two and try to play the course once or twice a week. The local course is more like an "academy", so it's only 6 holes and fairly short (par 20, 4 par3 and 2 par4).

I got my own set of clubs recently, and since my goal is to be a solid ball striker, I went with the Nike VR Pro Combos (4-PW) with DG SL R300 shafts. I'm still learning how to strike the ball properly, but I'm loving the challenge.

Thanks for listening :)

Best regards,
Pedro

Welcome to the forum Pedro!

vote for Pedro! Welcome to THP!

Welcome Pedro, good to have ya.

Welcome to THP Pedro. Nice set of sticks, those Pro Combos. Good luck with your game in 2012.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

welcome to thp!

welcome!

Welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX

Hi Pedro welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Pedro, keep us posted on your progress this year as you improve.

Welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome aboard Pedro

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the club! Your home is on my bucket list to see before I leave this great planet of ours.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. Glad to be part of such a place!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP Pedro. Nice set of sticks, those Pro Combos. Good luck with your game in 2012.

Thanks. I'm still struggling with them a bit, but I'll get there. At least I already got to see how nice they hit, when I swing them properly!

Welcome to the club! Your home is on my bucket list to see before I leave this great planet of ours.

Cool! Not a lot of great courses in northern Portugal, but we do have nice food and of course wine.

Back