Fairway Woods - 2012

Nicklausfan

Reaction score
Okay. So here we are at the beginning of the year both calendar wise and golf product cycle wise. We are starting to see all kinds of advertising on TGC with different companies boasting different claims. You have guys just busting out shots with the TaylorMade RBZ fairways and then you have Kenny Perry pounding 300 yard shots with the Fast 12 fairway. Even though they haven't had commercials that I've seen you have Callaway's offerings on the verge of release. Of course there is Cleveland and the Black which btw if it wasn't for THP I would think is a mythical creature like a unicorn because I have never seen them in hand thus making me doubt their existence. I'm not too sure what else is going on with the other OEM's at current.

So THP what fairway wood do you look forward to the most?

Alex

This author is intrigued by Adams.. because if Kenny is throwing it out there 300... then so can I.

I HATE that Kenny Perry commercial.

TM RBZ, Cally Razr Fit FW and the Mashie FW

I agree, coolbreeze. Like Kenny Perrry, but hate the commercial. I have to switch channels or hit mute when it comes on.

Lots of new exciting fairway woods coming this year, the two I'm looking forward to the most are:

FA11RBZSPDFW
FA11I20FWTFC

Yep, my ponders for 2012 FW are the RBZ, the Mashie, and and the Razr Fit.

I'm not buying into todays "latest is the greatest" marking. Most of the OEM's have to turn a huge profit to feed the animal, thus everything is outdated as soon as it hits the market (so they say).

In 3 woods, I look for the one that is dead straight when you need it to be, and workable either direction when you need it to be and I found it with my K15. It is going to be hard for anyone to beat that one in my hands.

And.......I agree with Coolbreeze in that I hate that commercial. Pay a guy enough, and he will say anything....

Stopped by GG the other day only 2 CG Black drivers in the rack. I asked the sales guy about only 2 being in the rack he says they've been selling very well.

My intrigue does lay with Adams but the Razr Fit and RBZ are the two that I would love to test. RBZ especially considering price point as I think it's pretty fair. I have nothing to base Razr Fit on other than I have so much Callaway going on.. but with how much I love the feel and performance of my 2.0's the RBZ has me curious. I think they get released right around when I land in FLA.

Alex

You and I both... it sort of eats away at me and by the time it's due to come on during a telecast the third time... I channel hop.

Alex

It sounds like they muted KP when he describes the Wood . It a Rocket Hummmmm wonder who he's back stabbing at?:D

I fell in love with a fairway for the first time in 2011 (Cleveland FL) so I wasn't planning to cheat. For obvious reasons I am looking forward to putting a J40 in the bag and hope I can find the right shaft to fit my game. I am also interested to seeing what happens when people get their hands on the new Mashie FW as I think it could be a game changer for many.

It sounds like they muted KP when he describes the Wood . It a Rocket Hummmmm wonder who he's back stabbing at?:D

That's hilarious. You know I have never caught that. Maybe I tuned him out better than I thought. Could it be a partner of the company that was blurred out on his sleeves?

Alex

I won't be getting anything new in the bag in terms of woods for a while, so I just look forward to hitting them all and seeing what I think!

I won't be getting anything new in the bag in terms of woods for a while, so I just look forward to hitting them all and seeing what I think!

I think that every year. Last 3 golf season(counting this upcoming) I will have had Bridgestone J40, Callaway Razr Hawk Fairway, Nike Dymo, Cleveland Launcher 09, Nike SQ II, Wilson Staff DXI. Fairway woods are like a revolving door for me

Looking forward to RBZ and Cleveland Mashie. I just acquired a Cleveland FL this week, so that's new and exciting for me.

Cleveland Black/Mashie, Cally FIT and Black, RBZ

Kenny Perry annoys me in that commercial. He has to have hit a cartpath to see 300 yards

Kenny Perry annoys me in that commercial. He has to have hit a cartpath to see 300 yards

KP is a bomber dude, don't hate

Im intrigued by all of them but I'm most eager to demo the rbz 3 wood and I have my fingers crossed that Cleveland will have a classic line of woods sometime soon.

My main interest right now is the Mashie fwy. I have fairways that hit the ball far, but I like the idea of added consitency, accuracy, and versatility.

I'd rather see Katy Perry than Kenny Perry. At least her bombs are believable

Really looking forward to the RBZ.

Seems like RBZ is getting a ton of looks/interest out here on THP.

Alex

I bought Rocketballz....hehe

The hype got be, that and they make a 4-wood (3-HL 17*) and Adams did not. I would've seriously entertained the Adams. After seeing the videos and HEARING the sound of it (nice IMO) it pushed me that way, also, especially after reading JB's early comments on it I can't help but think about what it could do for my game at several places I play off the tee and on the ole Par 5's as well. Could be a weapon, could not. We shall see.

Back