2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Freddie. I will deal with the wife later. :D

send her to the Spa. That's what I did last year haha
We are looking in to flying down earlier in the week, spending some time at disney and then checking in on Thursday. Depending on when we fly down I might be able to play on Thursday afternoon.

I apologize if this subject has been brought up before: Pardon my absence in this thread.

1. When are people flying in (Friday AM? Thursday night?)
2. If thursday, are most people staying on site, or at a separate hotel?
3. Anyone thinking about staying sunday night?
4. What transportation from the airport to the venue is there.

Again- sorry for rehashing what is certainly an old subject.

I'll be getting in sometime in the mid morning on Thursday and staying at the site. I'll drive out Sunday afternoon sometime. Hoping to get in a round every day that I'm there.

I'm gonna try and catch a weds night red eye to get in early thursday to make the afternoon round! I wanted to do this last time but I didn't book it right. Checking out sunday and whatnot.

If we fly in early on Thursday. Does staying there that night pay for our golf that day or do we have to pay another green fee?

I will be arriving in Orlando around 1245 pm so i should be able to tee it up like 230 or 300 pm on Thursday. I don't see any redeye flights from Detroit to Orlando. I believe a couple of us are arriving at the same time on the same flight.

It sounds like there will be quite a few people in on thursday rounds....
I was originally planning on staying over till monday, but I guess I could just come in wednesday and take thursday for extra golf.

I know it's not likely, but any chance some of the locals can hit up demo day?

I know it's not likely, but any chance some of the locals can hit up demo day?

Unfortunately not. The THP Demo Day is only available to those that are part of the entire outing. However if you still want to go, send GolferGal a message and she can add you to the waiting list, so if a spot opens up, you can jump on it.

Flight officially booked. I fly into the Orlando/Sanford airport on Thursday and land at 1:55pm, that will likely mean I'll get to Grand Cypress and get all checked in around 3:30 or so. I don't know what my plans are beyond that.

Last edited:
Flight officially booked. I fly into the Orlando/Sanford airport and land at 1:55pm, that will likely mean I'll get to Grand Cypress and get all checked in around 3:30 or so. I don't know what my plans are beyond that.

Thursday? We arrive into Orlando at 2:11 but MCO airport.

Thursday? We arrive into Orlando at 2:11 but MCO airport.
Oh yeah, Thursday. We have direct flights from Sioux Falls to Orlando/Sanford so I jumped on one of those. I think it's about 35 minutes from Grand Cypress. Maybe we'll have to meet up for a beer or 12 or so OEM.

Oh yeah, Thursday. We have direct flights from Sioux Falls to Orlando/Sanford so I jumped on one of those. I think it's about 35 minutes from Grand Cypress. Maybe we'll have to meet up for a beer or 12 or so OEM.

haha oops read that wrong. Yeah a beer or 12 sounds good lol

Jake, when you flying out?

I often ponder what GG will do with matchups and pairings. But I sure would like a chance to visit that woodshed the first round of the outing because it might make for a whole lot of diapers needed in OG's suite. I mean what happens if he visits this place again (time #3) and gets blasted the same as the other two? Lord only knows the emoticons would be flying off of him...

[Activate Ole Gray Voice]

Like a humming bird flying around a june bug lookin for a reach around from a spider monkey while on top of Pale Rider

[Deactivate Ole Gray Voice]

Jake, when you flying out?
Well I'm checking out of Grand Cypress on Sunday. After golf Sunday I'm going back to the Orlando/Sanford airport and picking up the wife and kids. We're boarding a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Monday.

I often ponder what GG will do with matchups and pairings. But I sure would like a chance to visit that woodshed the first round of the outing because it might make for a whole lot of diapers needed in OG's suite. I mean what happens if he visits this place again (time #3) and gets blasted the same as the other two? Lord only knows the emoticons would be flying off of him...

Like a humming bird :angel: flying around a june bug :snail: lookin for a reach around from a spider monkey :joy: while on top of Pale Rider :deadhorse:

FIFY..

now I need to call tech support and explain how I ruined my laptop. Spitting water all over it from reading about a spider monkey reach around may not work for me....

Like a humming bird flying around a june bug lookin for a reach around from a spider monkey while on top of Pale Rider

I'm stoked for this thing, cant wait to meet everyone. Cant wait to see the teams and matchups, then we can let the wagering begin...

LOL @ reach around from a spider monkey. I have no idea what that is but Im sure it happens at the love shack.

Well I'm checking out of Grand Cypress on Sunday. After golf Sunday I'm going back to the Orlando/Sanford airport and picking up the wife and kids. We're boarding a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Monday.

Duh. I knew that.

I'm looking at Allegiant, which I'm assuming is what you're flying into Sanford. They ship out at 3:25 on Sunday afternoon though. However, I'd save a good $200 it's looking like.

I'm stoked for this thing, cant wait to meet everyone. Cant wait to see the teams and matchups, then we can let the wagering begin...
Last year I lost a driver and had Hawk invent the term "hands shaking angry" to describe some of my posts leading up to the outing. This year I think I'll win instead, that sounds much easier. Hawk also invented the term "Jake Straight" just prior to last year's outing.... :beat-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back