2012 Project X - PGA Show Video

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP got a chance to chat with Project X about the new driver shafts that are coming out and get the details on the differences between the new line and the previous line.

Great video. I might just have to look into that to replace my stock px shaft I have now...interesting

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Great interview. I can't wait to try out the ones I'm getting soon, and if I like them. Some of these new ones could follow shortly after! Thanks THP!

Nice interview. PX seems to be making some nice driver/wood shafts.

great video now maybe I can afford to pop a PX 6.0 into my driver.

Great Interview JB. I know a lot of the Morgan Cup staffers had some questions about this. I was pretty impressed by all the new tech from the PX line to be quite honest. Pretty informative. Actually intrigued by the new black line when I wasn't quite sure to begin with.

Thanks for that JB. PX is putting out some very good product.

Interesting technology there. Gonna have to check it out for sure. Thanks again for a great interview JB!!!

Nice. PX is awesome. Very interested in some of the new technology. From taking some materials science classes it's really interesting the opportunities companies have (looks like TT is breaching those grounds) with all the materials out there. There are some really cool technologies in golf. Also interested in the discount on the blue shafts. Would love to have a few.

This was an awesome video! I can't wait to actually see the black shafts and feel them and hit them. I'm really hoping they are available for the MC Staffers!!! Great Video JB. Thanks for asking about the numbers vs R/S flexes. Good info. I guess using the 5.5 i'm not as strong as I think... LOL I'm working on that part too... so we will see

great info on how the new shafts work. 10% lighter than before is pretty impressive especially if they feel less whippy now.

Have to wait and see how the new tech works out with the internal and external fibers def interesting. Great interview JB

This was a very informational video! Cool to hear what the PX Black is intended for, sounds like a direct competitor to the very successful Miyazaki line. Competition is good!!

Has me pondering a bit....

Great interview. I never knew that 5.5 was the regular

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Great interview. I never knew that 5.5 was the regular

I caught that as well. Where does that put the 5.0?

As I am working out a ton more, it makes me hesitant to stay with the 5.0. Perhaps the 5.0 is considered more of a senior/ladies flex?

I caught that as well. Where does that put the 5.0?

As I am working out a ton more, it makes me hesitant to stay with the 5.0. Perhaps the 5.0 is considered more of a senior/ladies flex?
I always thought the 5.5 was on the low end of stiff, when he said reg. in the interview my eyes were opened.

Its funny because 5.5 in PX really comes in at close to 5.9 most say. That would put it on the low end of stiff in most shafts.

Man that puts a bug up my butt about the 5's in my irons. Great info in here and should help other idiots like myself

Its funny because 5.5 in PX really comes in at close to 5.9 most say. That would put it on the low end of stiff in most shafts.

With that said, it seems like 5.0 would be regular. Was just surprised that 5.0 was not mentioned in his answer.

Very thought provoking interview though - absolutely love hearing technical explanations from the manufacturers themselves!

I have been going nuts on what flex to get on my MC irons if the PX is available, so that was helpful. I wonder how the change in weight and the construction of the shaft to maintain its stability will affect the ball flight of the new black shaft.

I have been going nuts on what flex to get on my MC irons if the PX is available, so that was helpful. I wonder how the change in weight and the construction of the shaft to maintain its stability will affect the ball flight of the new black shaft.

Not a ton of info on their site concerning the performance of it yet. General description from their site:

The new Project X Black features reduced weight from the original Project X graphite for explosive power while preserving critical tip stability and low spin performance. Featuring proprietary Dual Torsional Control, Project X Black reduces spin rates at impact for optimized peak trajectory with flatter descent angles for maximum carry and roll.

Not a ton of info on their site concerning the performance of it yet. General description from their site:

The new Project X Black features reduced weight from the original Project X graphite for explosive power while preserving critical tip stability and low spin performance. Featuring proprietary Dual Torsional Control, Project X Black reduces spin rates at impact for optimized peak trajectory with flatter descent angles for maximum carry and roll.

Haha not sure what the heck that means? At one point I think it's going to be too low launching for me and then it says optimized peak trajectory. WTC

Haha not sure what the heck that means? At one point I think it's going to be too low launching for me and then it says optimized peak trajectory. WTC

Explosive power!

I enjoyed that interview. It nice hearing what the differences are from the previous version

Back