Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship Thread (Spoilers)

For some reason Tiger seems more comfortable over seas. Maybe the level of competition being subpar.

I think it's funny that everyone thinks I'm a Tiger hater. All I've ever done was comment on how crappy his golf game has been for the past couple of years. I like Tiger. I like the way he plays golf when he's in form. Who doesn't? BUt I am a realist, and I call things like I see them. And I certainly wasn't one of those people coming on THP over the past 18 months blowing my wad every time he shot under par, exclaiming that he was back! It was tiresome and annoying. He really has been hitting the ball well over 3 days which is nice to see. He really hasn't been in attack mode either. I think he'll win this event too.

Truth. I've always loved Tiger, but yes, it can be a bit overdone whenever he shoots a good round...I think it's because of his dismal year last year. But I like Tiger's more conservative play - seems like he's just trying to play within himself.

For some reason Tiger seems more comfortable over seas. Maybe the level of competition being subpar.

Maybe not the US press?

He's just playing smart golf. ANd making some putts.

Maybe not the US press?

He's just playing smart golf. ANd making some putts.

Making putts and hitting FW's. Always helps the scores a bit.

Umm...Mcilroy, GMac, Westwood, Schwartzel, Bjorn, Donald....there's plenty of talent overseas. Look at who has won a lion's share of the majors the past couple years...

Bwahaha! I must spread the love otherwise that was repped

Umm...Mcilroy, GMac, Westwood, Schwartzel, Bjorn, Donald....there's plenty of talent overseas. Look at who has won a lion's share of the majors the past couple years...

lol you took that hook, line and sinker. And youre not even the Paulo haha

lol you took that hook, line and sinker. And youre not even the Paulo haha

BAH! I haven't had my coffee this morning. Well done.

He sure did. Nate, I'm an open Euro Homer, and paulo is a real legit Euro, so some of these Mericans like to give the Euro Tour a bit of a shot. It's all in good fun. Even from the Texans.

I was hoping to catch a Euro but caught a Jersey Nate instead haha

Based on the what are you drinking thread, Paulo is at a pub boozing

Maybe, but I think this tournament has 6 of the top 10 players in the world & 11 of the top 25 so it is not like he is playing the North Dakota Open.

Maybe he just like getting paid a few million just to show up...but honestly..who wouldn't :}

Kmac just caught another one. :D

Fish in a barrel

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I think this tournament has 6 of the top 10 players in the world & 11 of the top 25 so it is not like he is playing the North Dakota Open.

Maybe he just like getting paid a few million just to show up...but honestly..who wouldn't :}

Yeah this one does have some good players in it. And I'm sure that million or so of just show up and play money helps.

I've been telling people for months that Tiger's ball striking was coming on, and once it did he could begin focusing on his short game again. And when that happened, look out! It's almost difficult to be right all the time. Of course tomorrow's pairing with Robert Rock's hair is not going to be easy.

Kevin

Does Tiger pull away for the win?

I've been telling people for months that Tiger's ball striking was coming on, and once it did he could begin focusing on his short game again. And when that happened, look out! It's almost difficult to be right all the time. Of course tomorrow's pairing with Robert Rock's hair is not going to be easy.

Kevin

You have benn a rabid tigggger supporter for some time now.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has tiger been doing the MJ tongue hanging out after a good drive?
It's seems to me that all the hard work he has been putting into his MoJo has payed off...

Small aside:

This is the first time I have been able to watch golf since I dropped cable last June. Man... I missed this.

Tiger grouped with Rockstar & oldest member of the band Hanson @ 2:45am EST. Now let's hope golf channel doesn't start their coverage on the 6th hole (4am).

Whew, just woke up from staying up all night to watch the coverage. That was fun.

Whew, just woke up from staying up all night to watch the coverage. That was fun.
Man really? I don`t have the energy for that anymore. The only time I ever do that now is a really big event in the Olympics or something.

Back