Don't drink and OEM

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
So I would like to tell a story.

I spent thursday night at the bar with a friend. Drank some beer, played some Golden Tee, a good time was had by all. I returned home, and jumped on my computer, which still had ebay up from earlier. I decided to search for Bridgestone irons, since I was loving the j38 6 iron I grabbed for 10 bucks recently. Saw some decent deals, J40's for a little less than 600, not bad but Blind9 can do better. That's when I found that rare great deal. J40 DPC's 4-pw with 6.0 flighted shafts for 389.00. Can't be, I checked, and double checked, yep they were brand new. I decided that it would be best not to make a major purchase after induldging in a few beverages. I closed my laptop, and turned on Law and Order to drift off to sleep.

But the story doesn't end there. I couldn't get these irons out of my head. No way would this deal last until I awoke the next day, this deal was fantastic. I grabbed my laptop, and pulled the trigger, I bought my very own set of J40's for a great deal. I quickly jumped on THP to announce to the world of my wonderful purchase.

I woke up the next morning full of regret, surely I had done something stupid, no way did I find that great of a deal. I had to have bought a set missing a couple irons, or badly damaged. I got back on ebay, and looked at my recent purchases. But sure enough the irons were new in wrappers, even had pictures. I had to get to work, so I closed it up and left my house happy.

But just tonight, I thought to myself, no way did I manage that great of a deal. It's just not possible. I logged back on, and looked at my great order. Looked at the title [h=1]Bridgestone Pocket Cavity Irons 4-PW - NEW!! PX 6.0!![/h]So far so good, scrolled downt to the description, where I read "J38 Pocket Cavity Irons".

Boys and Girls, don't drink and OEM.

haha dude im sorry but thats funny stuff

Ouch. That sucks but is a very funny story!

Still a solid deal IMO. Just not as good as you thought. :)

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Bwahahahahahaha-- I mean, I am sorry. That sucks, but it is freaking hilarious at the same time. I hear the 38's are awesome though. I know I love my J38 wedge.

Damn, that's terrible. Anytime I buy on ebay I check and double check, usually to ensure its right handed not left handed, etc.

So, what are you going to do with the J38s now?

That sucks, but it's a funny story. And the J38's rule from what I've heard. Not a bad deal you ended up with.

Wow sorry man, but you still got some pretty decent irons

Haha dude that sucks, but thats a hilarious story. You still have some damn good irons.

It's not a bad deal at all, to be honest, I might have bought them anyway at that price. But now I have my heart set on the J40's. In the past hour I've got back and forth 4 times on whether to keep and game them, turn around and sell them and buy J40's, or sell them and keep the R11's.

Nice purchase! Good story too!

great story! If it were me and I was set on the J40's, I wouldn't be able to look at the J38's and not feel regret...

If only you were LH I'd be tempted to take those R11s off your hands :alien:
Funny story no doubt but it sucks too

I hate to sound retarded, but what does OEM stand for?

Doesn't stand for anything related. One of our members (OEM Kevin, recently changed name to KMac) has a habit of buying clubs whenever he wants them. We on the forum have dubbed this action "OEMing" something.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot to say what it actually stands for: Original Equipment Manufacturer.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. Brand name stuff.

Thats a great story but sorry you didn't get the irons you wanted. Looking forward to hear what you wind up doing with them.

Haha, great story!

That sucks but you did end up with a good buy on the j38 s. I am going to order a set of j40 s from Blind9 next week.

I'm definitely conflicted. I love the J38 I have, and would have loved these irons 3 days ago, I just have my heart set on the J40's after thinking I had them coming.

Oh man what a bummer!!! I try not to ebay and drink as I would end up with *so* many different shafts if I did that LOL

I'd bet you could find someone that'd be happy to buy 'em if you're really set on the J40's. Hope it all works out for ya.

Man that sucks....hey at least you didn't drunk dial and hook up with some ex girlfriend :D

Still not a bad deal, you can probably sell them and get your money back if you want.

Man that sucks....hey at least you didn't drunk dial and hook up with some ex girlfriend :D

Still not a bad deal, you can probably sell them and get your money back if you want.

Funny story, that's what my buddy did while I was busy oem'ing, except he called the one that is out of state. Not sure what his end goal was.

I'm not upset, I still got a decent deal, and I can sell them if I chose, just have some decisions to make.

I drunk dialed once and couldn't remember who I called! Just woke up the next morning and the phone was making the off the hook noise! hahaha

Found out about a year later!

I drunk dialed once and couldn't remember who I called! Just woke up the next morning and the phone was making the off the hook noise! hahaha

Found out about a year later!

Back in my wilder days, I would drunk dial people and get mad when they were less than happy to hear from me at 4AM. I would get so pissed I would delete their numbers. I would wake up the next morning and have to remember who exactly I called.

Funny stuff man, funny stuff. Just make the right decision now and you'll be all good.

Back