Carnahan Wedges - 2012 PGA Show

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP got a chance to chat with Carnahan Wedges at the PGA Show to discuss their wedge line and what makes them different.

Very good information. I didn't know much at all about Carnahan before this, and now I would love to give their wedges a try! Fantastic interview!

Another great interview! I had not heard of these until here recently and really liked what I saw in the photos. Being a fan of that clean, classic look I could easily picture these in the bag.

Interested to find out what they are doing as far as soles. Many OEM's are going dual / variable sole and was not sure where Carnahan stood on that.

Another great interview JB . It'll will be interesting to see the migration of their wedge to the East Coast.

I've never heard of Carnahan before. So, this was pretty interesting. Like to see a picture of one.

I've never heard of Carnahan before. So, this was pretty interesting. Like to see a picture of one.

wedge-solution-1.jpg

We also have some nice pictures coming from the show floor. They're great wedges and pretty easy to hit. I have a 56* that I absolutely love.

Here is their site: http://www.carnahangolf.com/wedges/vintage/

I
was reading about the custom sole grinds and they sound similar to what we are seeing from some other OEM's. Surprisingly to me, they are priced right there with everything else if not a bit lower.

After viewing the video, I checked out their website. Their stuff does look clean and classic. They also have 6 putters in their line, it appears. Prices on all of their stuff was pretty reasonable--nothing really over the top.

I can tell everybody they will be out at the THP Demo Day.

That is awesome JB. I can't wait to them out. They really look nice.

Nice clean looking clubs. Very appealling. I like the simple yet strong look they have.

I still wish I'd hit these when I was in Florida last year.

I still wish I'd hit these when I was in Florida last year.

You would've had to pry them out of my hands. I spent a bunch of time with them in May, very much enjoyed them.

--
tapatalk

Not a fan really. Many other OEM's offer beautiful wedges like these with far more options than what there are in the Carnahan range. Only 3 loft options and 1 specific bounce for each loft? Speaking of the bounce of these wedges, (and I could be wrong here so please feel free to correct me) but as a general rule of thumb, doesn't bounce increase as loft increases? These do the opposite. Also, 1 shaft option with two different flexes. Could be wrong here again, only right hander's need apply?

I like the looks of these and would definitely try em if I could. too bad they seem to be RH only.

Not a fan really. Many other OEM's offer beautiful wedges like these with far more options than what there are in the Carnahan range. Only 3 loft options and 1 specific bounce for each loft? Speaking of the bounce of these wedges, (and I could be wrong here so please feel free to correct me) but as a general rule of thumb, doesn't bounce increase as loft increases? These do the opposite. Also, 1 shaft option with two different flexes. Could be wrong here again, only right hander's need apply?

Bounce can go both ways, lower lofts tend to have less bounce and higher lofts can also have lower bounce. The sandwedge 54, 55, 56 tend to have the higher bounce.

--
tapatalk

great info, thanks JB....I didn't know much about these guys, but I really like the looks of the wedges.

These wedges are really sharp. Understated and clean, how they
perform will have to wait til demo
day but they are good looking tools

Back