Adams Introduces CB3 Irons

The clubs look good, but I'm almost more interested in this new "Adams Golf's HITfit application. Based on an individual's 6-iron launch data, the HITfit app will recommend the proper set makeup including fairway woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges in order to provide the most optimized set each golfer's unique characteristics.".

Definitely looks impressive. They have a sleek look to them and offer a variety of options. Good stuff.

That's a sharp looking stick.

Those are really good looking irons and I love all the shaft options at no upcharge.

I got to hit these at a demo day. Really nice iron. I own a set of the Idea Tech A4 Forged irons that I played for about 2 years. I spent about 45 minutes hitting the CB3's at the demo day. They only had them in steel S flex. I liked the KBS shafts a lot. Very good control with medium flight.
As for the irons. Seem to play a lot like the old A4 forged. Excellent feel. Forgiving for a forged iron. No "stings", but I hit them really well. The sole grind works from many different kinds of lies. Not too high of flight. Accuracy was very good. I could draw them but had a harder time with fades. They just want to go straight.

I like the looks of these better than the A4. Topline seems about the same but the sole width seems a little narrower. I'd like to try them with the Matrix graphite shaft. Overall I would rate them higher than the A4 Forged.

I will be taking a hard look at these. Didn't think I'd replace my Mizuno JPX 800 Pros for a while but these are so good it's tempting.

I got to hit these at a demo day. Really nice iron. I own a set of the Idea Tech A4 Forged irons that I played for about 2 years. I spent about 45 minutes hitting the CB3's at the demo day. They only had them in steel S flex. I liked the KBS shafts a lot. Very good control with medium flight.
As for the irons. Seem to play a lot like the old A4 forged. Excellent feel. Forgiving for a forged iron. No "stings", but I hit them really well. The sole grind works from many different kinds of lies. Not too high of flight. Accuracy was very good. I could draw them but had a harder time with fades. They just want to go straight.

I like the looks of these better than the A4. Topline seems about the same but the sole width seems a little narrower. I'd like to try them with the Matrix graphite shaft. Overall I would rate them higher than the A4 Forged.

I will be taking a hard look at these. Didn't think I'd replace my Mizuno JPX 800 Pros for a while but these are so good it's tempting.

Really good info here, thanks for sharing. I too would like the Matrix graphites, sounds like Adam's has done it once again.

Those are some sexy irons, IMO. And some fantastic shaft offerings. I will have to keep an eye on these. Any idea how much they are going to hit the market for?

Supposedly $799 steel and $899 graphite. According to rep. I wished I would have asked what the release date is.

Supposedly $799 steel and $899 graphite. According to rep. I wished I would have asked what the release date is.

Thanks! I am a "buy it after it has been around for a year or two" kind of guy. Little beyond what I would want to pay for a set of irons.

I'm not usually an Adams fan, but these really look good and I like the custom options.
Looking forward to hearing more on these.

Nice set of clubs.

Good looking. Good looking.

Love the look .. I could see a set of 6-pw.gw in bag this spring..
gb

Great looking irons, wonder what the big difference will be in these and the CB2's (i currently play)

Good looking irons. Looking forward to hitting these in the spring.

Because these are so nice and they new Adams fitting options will be helpful, we are adding the forged line at our shop this year. We always have Mizuno and have customarily carried the Nike forgings but we will dump the latter in order to carry the Adams. These ranked right up there with the Mizuno Mp 53s for me - launch monitor numbers were almost exactly the same and I would happily play these. Fewer than 15% of the irons we sell are forged and that segment has some serious competition right now.

Because these are so nice and they new Adams fitting options will be helpful, we are adding the forged line at our shop this year. We always have Mizuno and have customarily carried the Nike forgings but we will dump the latter in order to carry the Adams. These ranked right up there with the Mizuno Mp 53s for me - launch monitor numbers were almost exactly the same and I would happily play these. Fewer than 15% of the irons we sell are forged and that segment has some serious competition right now.

Just curious as to why you are dropping the Nike line with the VR_S forged looking like it could be a player this year.

Their forgings have not sold well in our shop the past two years and their vendor support leaves a little to be desired. We'll have the Nike forged as a fitting option but we will not be ordering any full sets for the floor.

Just curious as to why you are dropping the Nike line with the VR_S forged looking like it could be a player this year.

Great Looking clubs, I looked the at CB-2s and would love to demos these.

If these offer a hair more distance and a hair more forgiveness than the CB2's then they should be on a lot of people's radars.

Alright, my potential iron shopping got much more hazy. These look great.

We just got these in at work. I took a lot of pictures. I will post them tomorrow. Think RAZR X Tour with a little thicker sole. You will see soon. Stay tuned.

We just got these in at work. I took a lot of pictures. I will post them tomorrow. Think RAZR X Tour with a little thicker sole. You will see soon. Stay tuned.

Looking forward to it. No doubt that the CB line is pretty sharp looking. I've never hit one though.

Back