TT Tour Issue S400 Vs C-Taper Stiff Vs CFS Xstiff Shafts

fore!

Reaction score
Handicap
I have narrowed down the top 3 shafts I want for my I20's that I will be ordering TOMORROW!!!

The one that I was fitted for when I did my fitting at the I20 demo day at Celebration golf course was the S400...HOWEVER, I am a big fan of the C-Tapers and have heard nothing but amazing things about the CFS Shafts; I've even heard they're superior to the C-Tapers!

Specs on each Shaft:

CFS x-Stiff----1.6* torque and 114g weight

C-Tapers ----1.9* Torque and 120g weight (lil heavier)

Tour issue S400---1.6* torque and 132g weight (heaviest)

FROM experience, what do you think about these shafts, performance wise. To let you know what I'm looking for, I love a mid-high trajectory with the lowest amount of spin possible. I just got off a set of Burner 2.0's in which the stiff shafts were 89* I think and I spun the crap out of those. Any help is appreciated, and I told y'all I'd be a great addition to your forum!! Hahaha jk!

Personally I would go with what I was fit for. I have also heard great things about the C-Tapers but if they were best for you I would of thought Ping would of fit you into them instead of the S400. Welcome to THP as well.

Thanks homie! I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and forth...it's driving me insane..

Thanks homie! I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and forth...it's driving me insane..

I know what ya mean, I have those battles all the time about what club, wedge, and especially driver lol.

Personally, I would probably trust the fitting. But I understand your excitement about the other two choices. Good luck and enjoy the heck out of those I20's!

Here's the thing, I would say the fitting was not a TRUE fitting, since we didn't see any numbers or compared the S400 to any other shafts. However, the results I was obviously getting just by watching the ball fly off the clubface were decent, however, a true fitting compares different shafts and the results on a monitor, and that's not what happened in this fitting.

Do you have any numbers to associate with the shafts? Meaning what kind of spin are you getting now and what kind of club head speed are you generating?

Was just about to ask the same thing. Then ctapers are fantastic shafts but not for everyone. Sometimes spin is needed. Low spin isnt always the best for everyone.

My biggest concern is going from a 89g shaft to possibly a 132g. I'm a strong and pretty big guy but I think that's a pretty big difference. What do you guys think? As far as numbers? NO, they didn't have any monitors at the demo event @ Celebration in Orlando. We did look at different lie angles and which one was right for me, and we spoke to several guys there who agreed the S400 was a great shaft for me. Is it a great shaft because it's an upcharge and they get more $$? Possibly. But I know the "results" were speaking for themselves.

The extra weight can make a difference to your game and despite being big and strong, all of these things can have an impact on ball flight. It would be hard to say without any kind of numbers. Take the C-Tapers for example. They are tremendous shafts, however they are geared towards a very small part of the golfing world. In fact I spent time with their creator just 2 days ago and have on video him speaking about all of their shaft line.

He said over and over that the entire KBS line is fantastic and the ONLY way to choose one of their shafts properly is through fitting. Having a mid-launch flight normally with the lighter shafts, makes me wonder if your spin is not too high now and that going to a very low spin and low launch shaft might hurt your overall distance by having a flight that is too low. KBS offers both the KBS Tour 90 and KBS Tour that range in weight up to 130 that can fit most golfers (according to Kim) (Kim is creator of KBS).

Wanna get together JB and see? Since you live in Windermere? Haha!

JB, you have a link to the video or has it been posted yet? I would be interested in watching it, as I was in the market for some C-Taper's myself and would like to hear his thoughts.

Have not posted it yet. It will be up soon though along with tons of other stuff from KBS.

Back