Facebook is going public

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Early last week according to the WSJ FB has started the paper work to take the social media giant public. 10% of the company for a reported $100,000,000,000. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

That's huge news. I wonder how this will turn out.

For some reason, I do not see me getting even a 1% stake in the company.

Interesting.

Well at that price I definitely won't be buying in, lol.

Very good idea me thinks. I would love to buy some stock, but alas it seems to be out of my pricerange.

This rumour pops up regularly. Will be interesting to see if it actually happens this time. Though what I read was Valueing the company at 100 Billion, and including 10% of the shares in the IPO. So the company would be looking to raise about 10 billion in cash, though it wouldn't surprise me if in the time before release the valuation goes up.

I'm in.

I know that Zuckerburger is a cocky little a'hole, but was surprised at the idea of the company being worth $1 Trillion. Even $100,000,000,000 seems a little ridiculous, unless you understand how many eyes end up on TMex's page alone.

He's the king of freakin' The Facebook.

Kevin

I know that Zuckerburger is a cocky little a'hole, but was surprised at the idea of the company being worth $1 Trillion. Even $100,000,000,000 seems a little ridiculous, unless you understand how many eyes end up on TMex's page alone.

Kevin
True, but the fact that the company decided to go public not long after Esox joined the facebook can't be that much of a coincedence.

Kevin
I couldn't believe it either that they rated FB at 100billion. Mark will be one of the richest men in the world

Mark is not even 30. He himself will probably buy up half those stocks, essentially doubling his wealth. He's gonna cruise his way to the richest man in the world title. And Esox I don't necessarily disagree, but are you basing that opinion on real life or the movie?

Mark is not even 30. He himself will probably buy up half those stocks, essentially doubling his wealth. He's gonna cruise his way to the richest man in the world title. And Esox I don't necessarily disagree, but are you basing that opinion on real life or the movie?

Saturday Night Live.

Kevin

interesting thoughts here. a few questions for you.
1. you really think he is going to buy half of an IPO of the company in which he already owns 25% of?
2. if he does in fact do this, how does that 'essentially double his wealth'?
3. And do you really think he is going to be the richest man in the world? That would imply that his net worth would have to nearly quadruple. So basically (per your suggestion above that he is going to have his net worth tied up in Facebook), Facebook would have to quadruple in value.

interesting thoughts here. a few questions for you.
1. you really think he is going to buy half of an IPO of the company in which he already owns 25% of?
2. if he does in fact do this, how does that 'essentially double his wealth'?
3. And do you really think he is going to be the richest man in the world? That would imply that his net worth would have to nearly quadruple. So basically (per your suggestion above that he is going to have his net worth tied up in Facebook), Facebook would have to quadruple in value.

If he buys that many shares and the price goes nuts? Yeah he could easily double his wealth really quickly.

If he buys that many shares and the price goes nuts? Yeah he could easily double his wealth really quickly.

yeah, that is pretty simple math-if FB stock goes up, so does his net worth. But the statement as it was written ( He himself will probably buy up half those stocks, essentially doubling his wealth) implies that simply buying stock doubles his net worth. Zero logic in that statement. But question #1 has to be answered first. Why would he buy more shares via IPO @ public market price as opposed to doing it via private placement (which would be cheaper 9 times out of 10). The purpose of the IPO isn't for insiders to buy additional shares, it is to generate capital via outside $.

I hear the actual stock price will be around 35 a share. I think its a good bet that it will hit 50-60 bucks a share in short order just based on the frenzy of Facebook fans. But I don't think its a good bet for a long term hold. I will probably get a 2-3K worth when it comes out, then sell most of it before Christmas.

I hear the actual stock price will be around 35 a share. I think its a good bet that it will hit 50-60 bucks a share in short order just based on the frenzy of Facebook fans. But I don't think its a good bet for a long term hold. I will probably get a 2-3K worth when it comes out, then sell most of it before Christmas.

It will "open" at 35 but will be at about 50-60 by the time is actually open to the public. The brokerage houses are the ones making the money off this stock to start.

It will "open" at 35 but will be at about 50-60 by the time is actually open to the public. The brokerage houses are the ones making the money off this stock to start.

Still a good deal at 50. I see a 20 -30 uptick within the first few months so matter what the initial offering ends up being. The question is does it then level off or does it go up past 100 by the end of the year.

Paperwork filed today in NY. IPO expected to raise 5billion. Expected to start trading next quarter. Expected to start buying tech startups

Paperwork filed today in NY. IPO expected to raise 5billion. Expected to start trading next quarter. Expected to start buying tech startups

I remember when AOL bought/merged with Time Warner. I think it's worth about the same ten years later. I had been making money trading AOL in the late '90s and that killed it as a money maker.

Kevin

I remember when AOL bought/merged with Time Warner. I think it's worth about the same ten years later. I had been making money trading AOL in the late '90s and that killed it as a money maker.

Kevin

The current private trading had it valued over 80billion. I think this will be huge

Back