Xt1ncT-NZ

Englishman in New Zealand
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure how many people here follow Women's Amateur Golf, but I thought I'd mention that Lydia, the World No1 Ranked Women's Amateur has just won the Australian Amateur title at the grand old age of 14!

She was 2nd in the medal rounds of the US Amateur and got knocked out of the match play in the 2nd round - but now she's the NZ Amateur Champ as well as the Aussie Amateur Champ.

Handicap of +5.5......at 14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lydia continues to impress - yesterday she shot a 64 to lead the NSW Open by 4 shots.

If she holds on she'll become the youngest winner on any of the 5 women's tours. Impressive for a 14 year old!

http://nzh.tw/10781884

That's really impressive. To be 14 and on the verge of being a pro at something is ridiculous. I hope she keeps it up and has a passion for the game to help that.

That's really impressive. To be 14 and on the verge of being a pro at something is ridiculous. I hope she keeps it up and has a passion for the game to help that.

So very true.

I used to be a member of the club where she started as a tiny little thing! Her mum took her along and asked the assistant pro to give her lessons. He was very reluctant, but is still her coach, and also her caddy.

She has a handicap index of +5.5! At 14!

It must be cool to be born with that kind of talent!

That truly is fascinating, holy crap!

History has been made today people.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...istory-at-womens-nsw-open-20120129-1qnq1.html

Remember this name and that you read it here first!!!

Lydia today won the NSW Open by 4 shots. She becomes the youngest winner of a pro event (Ryo held that honor until today) and at 14 years of age she'll have a few more years in the Amateur ranks before she undoubtably turns pro.

Will post a full report once I find one

She just got a shout out on SportsCenter for being the youngest ever to win a pro event. Pretty awesome.

I saw earlier that she had won it. Absolutely amazing.

Between girls like this and Lexi - the LPGA has lots to look forward to in the upcoming years.

Very cool. To have that kind of talent at 14 is incredible. I hope she keeps with it and has a great amount of success.

Saw the highlights on Golf Channel. Looking forward to seeing more of Lydia in the future.

All I can say is Wow! That is so impressive.

Very very impressive.

More great news for Lydia - she has just won the US Amateur 3 & 1 over her American opponent.

Not bad at 15!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to follow Lydia in Cleveland at the amateur. Flawless! It was quite remarkable to watch.

Awesome that yo u got to watch her - people here on the North Shore of Auckland are very proud of her and her achievements. We're hoping she goes a long way, and at the moment there doesn't seem any reason why she won't.

I think she'll go a long way man, she's remarkable!

Don't want to speak too soon.....but she's leading the CN Canadian Women's Open thru 16 holes of her second round......

Tied for the lead at 8 under after two rounds. 3 shots back to 3rd.

Check out these stats:

31e27385-ed85-62f9.jpg

15/15 fairways in rd2 - really impressive for a 15 year old amateur!

That is the definition of consistency. Great stats

Had the opportunity to watch her at the CN Canadian Womens Open yesterday and its amazing how cool and calm she is. Never would have guessed her age if I didnt know.

If she would have made a few short putts she would be leading by 4 or 5 shots right now.

Watching her today (on tv) and she is very impressive. Hoping she's able to hold on for the win, though I imagine as 18 draws closer the pressure will mount.

Happy to see friend of THP, Moira Dunn, up there in the standings today.

Back