I really love the look of pure grips, but I'm curious about their performance. I think I will get my practice wedge regripped with one

Tappin!

Jesse you won't be disappointed. Firm but giving feel with a nice texture. Very responsive in the feedback from shots hit

For someone who plays Winnlite Soft grips, would these feel harsh?

For someone who plays Winnlite Soft grips, would these feel harsh?

They will not feel as 'moshie' or velvety but they have a great soft feel of their own

According to their website, my club pro shop sell them. I can't remember seeing them there though. Probably special order. But, every PGA Superstore in my area, Dick's, and Edwins Watts apparently carries them, so I should be able to test these out. I'm intrigued by their being the only non-polymer grip out there.

If you end up liking what you see and like the version that are in the THP store, with your Albatross Club membership, you will save quite a bit on grips.

I was thinking just that JB. I want to try one first though. Does the gun come with the set in the THP store?

Edit: I see that it doesn't, but can be purchased separately on their site for $39.95. But then, I'd need an air compressor!

Did you use compressed air?

Yeah. It was pretty easy. My compressor is capable of 60-120 max. But I only had 30 psi in the tank. It was still pretty easy.

I wanted to put some personality on them with some color, but like you, the colored grips don't have the THP logo on them. And I am thinking that the THP logo is a really good alignment aid. Like I can strengthen or weaken my grip just by placing it in a different location relative to the THP logo.

Friday night I removed an older set of Pure Grips from my irons and replaced them with THP Pure Grips. I was able to regrip a driver and 6 irons in well under 10 minutes.

Friday night I removed an older set of Pure Grips from my irons and replaced them with THP Pure Grips. I was able to regrip a driver and 6 irons in well under 10 minutes.

It probably took you longer getting the old grips and tape off, than putting the Pures on. HAHA

It probably took you longer getting the old grips and tape off, than putting the Pures on. HAHA

Luckily the old set I removed was a set of the Pure Wrap Soft grips. One quick blast of air and they shot right off. The driver did not have a Pure Grip on so it took a little more time on that one. I'm thinking these may be my grips for Morgan Cup.

Luckily the old set I removed was a set of the Pure Wrap Soft grips. One quick blast of air and they shot right off. The driver did not have a Pure Grip on so it took a little more time on that one. I'm thinking these may be my grips for Morgan Cup.

My irons will definitely have the THP grips on them. I have nothing re-grip right now. The air compressor is lonely.

My irons will definitely have the THP grips on them. I have nothing re-grip right now. The air compressor is lonely.

I'm dying for a project too. I got a new chop saw for Christmas but haven't been able to use it yet. May have to reshaft some irons or something soon.

my boss had a package for me that he got on friday
it was the pure grip gun
i promptly regripped my driver and both hybrids... cutting the old grips off took much longer than putting the new ones one
one golf pride tour wrap and two winn midsized grips

had a very awesome/disappointing time with my Pure Grips today. I put a Pure Grip onto my 5-iron to give that club a few swings to see if it's staying in the bag (it's not). I had to take that Pure Grip off of my 5-iron. I then had to take the Pure Grip that was on my old 3-wood shaft and put it onto my new 3-wood shaft. The whole process took less than 20. I was a little disappointed because it took no time at all and I have come to enjoy the process. All in all, not a bad thing. Such a great product.

had a very awesome/disappointing time with my Pure Grips today. I put a Pure Grip onto my 5-iron to give that club a few swings to see if it's staying in the bag (it's not). I had to take that Pure Grip off of my 5-iron. I then had to take the Pure Grip that was on my old 3-wood shaft and put it onto my new 3-wood shaft. The whole process took less than 20. I was a little disappointed because it took no time at all and I have come to enjoy the process. All in all, not a bad thing. Such a great product.

Did you use the Pure Grips installer gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked this elsewhere, but it applies here too. Does anyone know if these need tape when putting them on the original way (solvent, not air)?

Did you use the Pure Grips installer gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I just put my mouth to the end of the grip and blew really hard.

Actually, yes I did use the Pure Grip gun.

Maybe I am missing something, So I need an air compressor and the gun to be able to install these grips myself? Is this really that much easier than using tape and solvent? I never had an issue with re-gripping the conventional way, I dont need a vice and it only takes a minute to do a club.

Maybe I am missing something, So I need an air compressor and the gun to be able to install these grips myself? Is this really that much easier than using tape and solvent? I never had an issue with re-gripping the conventional way, I dont need a vice and it only takes a minute to do a club.

There is nothing wrong with regripping the conventional way. Using the air compressor and gun, with no solvents or tape, is very easy to put the grip on and take off. Now if I wanted to try a midsize grip for a range session, or switch to a wrap, I can make that change much quicker. Plus I can save the grip. I don't have to cut them off.

Ok, I just regripped my 3 wedges with the THP Pure grips. I did not use the Pure grips installer gun, rather just used some warm soapy water. It took me less than 25 minutes to do all 3, and that includes taking off the old grips and tape.

Pretty simple to do, even without using the gun. Just poured the water inside the grip and on the wedge shaft and slid it on. Was able to line the logo up with the club after it was completely on as well.

There is nothing wrong with regripping the conventional way. Using the air compressor and gun, with no solvents or tape, is very easy to put the grip on and take off. Now if I wanted to try a midsize grip for a range session, or switch to a wrap, I can make that change much quicker. Plus I can save the grip. I don't have to cut them off.

The part in bold is one of the best features of their tapeless system. I can't tell you how many times I bought grips at the golf store, thought I liked them, spent the time putting them on and then after a few rounds realized they weren't what I wanted. So I had to destroy those grips to put on new ones and then after a few rounds realized I liked the first ones better. Yes, I am a woman we change our mind. ; )

With the PURE Grip system, I can change my mind as much as I want and in seconds I have new grips and the old ones can stay in a cabinet until I want them back on my clubs.

Ok, I just regripped my 3 wedges with the THP Pure grips. I did not use the Pure grips installer gun, rather just used some warm soapy water. It took me less than 25 minutes to do all 3, and that includes taking off the old grips and tape.

Pretty simple to do, even without using the gun. Just poured the water inside the grip and on the wedge shaft and slid it on. Was able to line the logo up with the club after it was completely on as well.

Did you try just water before water/soap? I was thinking maybe putting them in warm water for a few mins would soften them up for a few minutes, and they could be put on over the tape without any soap.

Why over the tape? PUREs are made to be a bit bigger to counteract that.

Dont soak the grips, just get the insides wet, drip the fill on the shaft, and slide it on.

Did you try just water before water/soap? I was thinking maybe putting them in warm water for a few mins would soften them up for a few minutes, and they could be put on over the tape without any soap.

i did the pure grip install with a couple of winn grips and a golf pride tour wrap
tapeless and solvent free
my only knock on it is the very end of the grip seems to "move" around when im swinging the club

Back