What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played with Srixon Trispeed Tour's in yellow a couple days ago and I liked them. The yellow really helped me see the ball with all the leaves on the ground.
I usually play the RXS. But I'd found one of those Srixons the other day in mint condition and thought I'd try the yellow look.
Well!! It felt really crisp on the drive and long shots. Not enough around the greens to get a good opinion (started with it on the 15th).
How do you think it compares to ... well, some other balls you may be familiar with ..... in check on short chips/pitches?

B330-RX optic yellow was in play today. Damp ground with temps around 60.

I am seeing some really good distance out of this ball and really like how straight it is off the tee for me. GPS'ed 3 drives today that were each 258-260. Seeing a nice 245-250 carry and I am by no means a long hitter (driver SS around 96-100).

Optic yellow is super easy to track in the air and find in the grass without issues.

Lastly, the stopping power of this is just perfect for me. Not a big spinner of the ball but am able to get just about any full shot to stop between 1-6 feet after landing. Played some flighted down shots into the wind and even they held and stopped without issue (6 iron from 142 that landed and ball mark was 12 inches behind where ball ended up).

Just a great all around ball for me but still looking forward to trying the new 330-RX!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Was given a free box of 2011 Pro V1's so I played a round with them yesterday.

First time playing this ball. Seemed pretty average off the tee and had a harsh feel off my putter. Also could not get it to hold the greens very well.

Not impressed.

B330 RX...pink. I was on 18...hit a great drive. but wanted to hit a different club just to get one last swing in. took a 4 hybrid and Killed the ball, hit in the fwy and rolled through into a creek...could see my nice pink ball but couldnt get it, I was pissed. haha

I've been playing the Titleist NXT for a while now. I like it but as my game is improving I think I want to start using a ball with more spin around the greens. But I have no complaints about the NXT. It does exactly what it was designed to do.

I have been playing E6's and Q Stars for a while. I decided to try some E5's after doing the online fitting. Wow was I impressed. Great distance and it just felt good with all of my clubs, especially off my wedges. I picked up a ton of premium balls on discount lately but after that I'm going back to E5's.

Tapatalk

e5 is very nice. I'd like to give it another shot someday.

TM Penta, not sure if it was the weather or my rusty swing but the ball didn't feel like it was compressing.

I love pink

B330 RX...pink. I was on 18...hit a great drive. but wanted to hit a different club just to get one last swing in. took a 4 hybrid and Killed the ball, hit in the fwy and rolled through into a creek...could see my nice pink ball but couldnt get it, I was pissed. haha

Been playing the Srixon Z Star X balls. I have found them very similar to a Pro V1X. They are great balls.

TM Penta - great ball. can't wait to try the new model.

Was given a free box of 2011 Pro V1's so I played a round with them yesterday.

First time playing this ball. Seemed pretty average off the tee and had a harsh feel off my putter. Also could not get it to hold the greens very well.

Not impressed.

What type/brand/model ball do you normally play?

Bridgestone b330-rxs. Actually got it to spin back out of the rough on a sandy green! Nice!!

I played with the Srixon Zstar XV (thanks again SW for the ball). I really like this ball quite a bit. It'll be nice to spend some more time with it.

What type/brand/model ball do you normally play?

I usually play mid priced balls such as the e6. But recently I have tried out the Penta (liked it alot), Nike 20XI (liked) and Srixon ZStar (liked almost as much as the Penta).

I just don't understand all the love for ProV1's. Maybe my expectations were too high.....certainly did not meet them.

B330-RX. Loved it. low spinning off the tee and high spinning around the green. I backed up a 52º wedge with conforming grooves about 15 feet.

i played a titleist dt distance that i found on the course... it lasted the whole front til i dunked it on #9

I have been playing the Bridgestone 330-RX and love it. Played the Top Flight Gamer v2 today and was about 10-15 yards longer with this ball. Great ball for $ 20 a dozen. Try it!!

I've still got 6 Burner Tours left, so I've been playing them all year so far. Now that my swing issues appear to be straightened out, I might try the RXS again. First time I played it my driving was off and it was just too short for me.

I played with a 16 handicapper today who says he always plays Pro V1s, although right now he is playing refinished Pro V1s because they are cheaper. His swing was about what you would expect for a 16 handicapper (pretty straignt, not very long, tended to scoop the ball and not compress it), but he got mad spin around the greens with the V1s. I was jealous.

played a topflite gamer today and i was surprised at how well this ball performed
it eventually went swimming on #16 when i topped it into the drink

After spending a bit of time with the bridgestone E6 and the Burner Tour I went back to the penta today and it performed very well. Plenty of spin around the green and not much spin off the tee which is what I like. Only got them again as I'm going to get some penta 3, penta 5 and RBZ balls in the next couple of weeks and wanted to compare.

Bridgestone B330-RX and loved everything about it. Only lost one ball all day and hit it a ton straighter than the Penta I was previously playing.

I went back to a Noodle+ and out drove the guy I was playing with (we were both on the white tees) on almost every hole and found the fairway almost every time. I really dislike the name, and feel something is wrong because they are so cheap ($13 for 15 balls). I'll still use a better spin ball on par 3s.

titleist prov1
i hit it like crap so i didnt notice any performance plus or minus
but that ball was money off my putter today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back