Broke my G15 this weekend

jefrazie

Reaction score
Handicap
13.9 OOB
So it finally happened. It has been making a few weird sounds over the past few months (not that this is for sure a symptom) and on saturday the head flew down the fairway as far as the ball. I snapped the shaft right above the hosel. I am contacting Ping today to see if they will do anything about it since I've only had it since April of last year. If not, search for a new driver begins!

Lovely pic of the broken head :sad:
http://i.imgur.com/FDC54.jpg

They should replace it for you. I cracked the face of my PING driver last year and they sent me out a new one. They have great customer service and as long as you driver is legit I bet they give you a new one.

That bites, I just did the same thing to my favorite club last week as well, only mine was a hybrid. It kinda killed my confidence for the rest of the round!

Hopefully they'll replace it for you that's def a Buzz kill for the round.

I'm thinking that Ping will replace that club, at no cost to you, shipping, maybe.

I've had 'great' service from mfg. replacing broken equipment. They want to keep you happy.

Be sure to let us know what they say/do.

I will be shocked if they do not take care of that for you.

Pretty sure PING will take care of you

These G15's seem to have a 2 year lifespan before the cheap shafts start breaking :clown:

I'm thinking that Ping will replace that club, at no cost to you, shipping, maybe.

I've had 'great' service from mfg. replacing broken equipment. They want to keep you happy.

Be sure to let us know what they say/do.

Sounds good. I'll let everyone know what happens. I wonder if they would let me change flex from stiff to x-stiff?

They should replace it for you. I cracked the face of my PING driver last year and they sent me out a new one. They have great customer service and as long as you driver is legit I bet they give you a new one.

Ping's customer service is some of the best so I'm sure they will repair it for you.

Update on the broken G15. I sent it in to Ping and they replaced it free of charge and even allowed me to change to an X-stiff shaft from a stiff. Very happy with Ping and they have made me a very loyal customer.

Update on the broken G15. I sent it in to Ping and they replaced it free of charge and even allowed me to change to an X-stiff shaft from a stiff. Very happy with Ping and they have made me a very loyal customer.

Glad to hear they took care of you. Ping rocks.

Nice to hear! Thanks for the update.

glad to hear they took care of you

I knew they would take cre of you. There dedication nto the consumer is second to none.

That great customer service is one of the reasons I try to support Ping when I can.

Two year life span on stock shafts? Hmmm not good. I have the Serrano shaft. Should I carry duct tape with me?

I'm yet to come across a golf brand who has poor customer service. The market is so competitive now that all it takes is one disappointed customer to put others off. Well done Ping!!!!

Two year life span on stock shafts? Hmmm not good. I have the Serrano shaft. Should I carry duct tape with me?

Well I had only had mine 7 months or so but I think it was a fluke.

Great job by Ping.

I just sent my G15 back about two weeks ago. There was a faint rattle in the head every now and then. I got my club back in about a week. It looks like they put an entirely new shaft in it.

All I had to pay was $10 shipping.

Well I had only had mine 7 months or so but I think it was a fluke.

Shafts can become weak just from transportation. Always put my clubs on the back seat and noticed that the car door handle was banging into my driver when I closed the door, so now have to take the club out

Good thread. Happy to hear PING replaced that for you.

Back