Cleveland Classic Driver Video - Demo Day

As of right now, yes. Lots of details in the Classic thread.

I knew you were playing rounds with it, and read about it, just didn't know if you were still on it. Thanks.

I just wentHAM on this driver.... The 290 in 9*.... Awesome! I only hit the 290 twice (9* and stiff) but it seemed as if the classic might be a few yards longer on the better struck shots.its a low spin beast for sure and those who are being sponsored by cleveland have something special on their hands. I'm a high spin player and the spin launch combo I saw was insane. I've never been able to get my spin to the numbers I saw and it didn't hurt me, rather helped quite a bit.

I just wentHAM on this driver.... The 290 in 9*.... Awesome! I only hit the 290 twice (9* and stiff) but it seemed as if the classic might be a few yards longer on the better struck shots.its a low spin beast for sure and those who are being sponsored by cleveland have something special on their hands. I'm a high spin player and the spin launch combo I saw was insane. I've never been able to get my spin to the numbers I saw and it didn't hurt me, rather helped quite a bit.

I love you Tmex. I really do!

Awesome to hear. I'm a high spin player too, so I'm super stoked about possibly gaming this.

What shaft were you using, Yoccos?

I love whe TMex goes ham. A few longer uses the. What?

Beast mode from tapatalk

Beast mode from tapatalk

Bahahahah. Drunken Kmac makes me happy.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Lol. It was about 2-4 yards longer I'd reckon. Maybe more because I put one classic up to 290 total distance.

What shaft were you using, Yoccos?

Best thing ws this was a stock stiff at 9* of loft. Same shaftt that's in the 290. I'd almost say if someone was really looking to try to get a similar feel for shafts, hit the 290. But know that the sound/feel of the classic is much different. More crisp sounding for sure. And the deep face is a godsend.

Awesome to hear. I'm a high spin player too, so I'm super stoked about possibly gaming this.

Ill get some numbers for people that will help see a comparison when I get home :).

I love you Tmex. I really do!

I love you too buddy! You saw the numbers, they're effing great.I've never seen that before and it was awesome.

And you were hitting the stock shaft. I'm so happy with my decision!

Best thing ws this was a stock stiff at 9* of loft. Same shaftt that's in the 290. I'd almost say if someone was really looking to try to get a similar feel for shafts, hit the 290. But know that the sound/feel of the classic is much different. More crisp sounding for sure. And the deep face is a godsend.

That concerns me just a tad. Well, not concerns, but makes me ponder. I hit the 290 tonight and really was liking it , and I like the shaft when I take a smooth, controlled swing. However when I really went after the ball with a speed of 110-112 shots started flying everywhere, so I might would need an X if I planned to do that. Maybe I should be a good boy and hit the stiff with a controlled swing :D I'd love to see some of your #s!

I put that exact driver in play today, 290 in 9* with the stock stiff. I hit a couple good drives with it when I got after it, but I just could not get the ball up in the air. I did have a couple worm burners that rolled to the 240-250 range. I know I need either the 10.5* or possibly even the 12* of the Classic for it to fit what I need. However, It's such an addicting club to hit; from the looks, size of the club face, sound, etc. that I couldnt put it down.

Are both the tour and non tour version really low spin drivers?

I put that exact driver in play today, 290 in 9* with the stock stiff. I hit a couple good drives with it when I got after it, but I just could not get the ball up in the air. I did have a couple worm burners that rolled to the 240-250 range. I know I need either the 10.5* or possibly even the 12* of the Classic for it to fit what I need. However, It's such an addicting club to hit; from the looks, size of the club face, sound, etc. that I couldnt put it down.

Are both the tour and non tour version really low spin drivers?

Yes. The biggest difference will be shaft.
One comes equipped with the C. Kua from Miyazaki.
The other comes equipped with the Kusala from Miyazaki.

The Kusala is tempting, but the 1* open scares me.

Im thinking the tour version is a little heavier with stiffer tip?

Fitting this one is so crucial.

Im thinking the tour version is a little heavier with stiffer tip?

Fitting this one is so crucial.

Definitely. I'm gonna be getting fit for this asap.

And you were hitting the stock shaft. I'm so happy with my decision!

I can't wait until you get this club in dude. I might be making a trip to vans every night methinks haha.

That concerns me just a tad. Well, not concerns, but makes me ponder. I hit the 290 tonight and really was liking it , and I like the shaft when I take a smooth, controlled swing. However when I really went after the ball with a speed of 110-112 shots started flying everywhere, so I might would need an X if I planned to do that. Maybe I should be a good boy and hit the stiff with a controlled swing :D I'd love to see some of your #s!

Lol yeah probably an X. If your normal swing is that 110 to 112 you definitely want to look at that. They should have an X flex 290if you call around.

I feel ya man. I got some other people to swing it and they were impressed. Even had one guy sold on the black lol. That deep face is so assuring at address its great. Funniest thing is when I talked to one of the reps at the booth he had me pegged for 290 when I told him what I did with the 310.

I feel ya man. I got some other people to swing it and they were impressed. Even had one guy sold on the black lol. That deep face is so assuring at address its great. Funniest thing is when I talked to one of the reps at the booth he had me pegged for 290 when I told him what I did with the 310.
I really cant say that enough.

I am really torn between this one and the Black, I know I hit the Black better, but the Classic is a beauty.

I hate reading this thread.....makes me want even more.

WE...curious why you said the black is better....overall or better for your game?

Tmex comes in here and stirs the pot and drops some great info. This driver has me all kinds of excited and if I was a Cleveland staffer this would be in my bag

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate reading this thread.....makes me want even more.

WE...curious why you said the black is better....overall or better for your game?

Nate, I dont mean to say it is a better driver. But, the results I had with the Black in the past, were better than what I saw with the Classic today. However, the Black I was hitting was a 10.5* (what I usually game) and the Classic I was hitting today was a 9*. I think if the Classic in 10.5* or possibly even 12* would do me quite well.

Nate, I dont mean to say it is a better driver. But, the results I had with the Black in the past, were better than what I saw with the Classic today. However, the Black I was hitting was a 10.5* (what I usually game) and the Classic I was hitting today was a 9*. I think if the Classic in 10.5* or possibly even 12* would do me quite well.

Got ya! That's what I thought you were saying.

Man, JB, you are getting slick with the media stuff. Great interview and I always like listening to Nate.

Back