I know, I need to sac up and get it done. I have the time. My college is in a small town, where would you suggest looking for the paint? There's a Fred Meyers here, would a place like that have it? Or simply a craft or hobby store?

I would suggest a craft and hobby store. It might be a little daunting at first, but everything is hard at the beginning. I messed up many times when I first started doing it. Worst that happens is you just take the new paint off and try again. Get Clear colors if you can find them. Tamiya is what I use.

I would suggest a craft and hobby store. It might be a little daunting at first, but everything is hard at the beginning. I messed up many times when I first started doing it. Worst that happens is you just take the new paint off and try again. Get Clear colors if you can find them. Tamiya is what I use.

Ok thanks man. I will look for Tamiya. I think I recall someone saying Testors as well?

Ok thanks man. I will look for Tamiya. I think I recall someone saying Testors as well?

Testors is what I use for solid colors. If you can't find Tamiya, you can mix Testors with some clear to make a clear color I think. I have never tried it so it will be interesting to see if it works.

Testors is what I use for solid colors. If you can't find Tamiya, you can mix Testors with some clear to make a clear color I think. I have never tried it so it will be interesting to see if it works.

Awesome. I will look for the paint this afternoon and maybe test on an old wedge or something. I can't wait to give this a try. Like you said, you can always strip it and start over.

Awesome. I will look for the paint this afternoon and maybe test on an old wedge or something. I can't wait to give this a try. Like you said, you can always strip it and start over.

I hate to sound like a mother hen, but be careful with that acetone. I think it can cause some nerve damage if you keep exposing yourself to it. I don't wear gloves when I do my work, but I am very careful not to get it on me. You may have to take over the scotty filling for this thread.

I hate to sound like a mother hen, but be careful with that acetone. I think it can cause some nerve damage if you keep exposing yourself to it. I don't wear gloves when I do my work, but I am very careful not to get it on me. You may have to take over the scotty filling for this thread.

Lol - SethO the mother hen. Yea I actually worked for a paint company for 4 years (a NW company that manufactures paint and has retail paint stores) before going back to college, so I know about acetone and have worked with it plenty. Thank you for the heads up though.

Lol - SethO the mother hen. Yea I actually worked for a paint company for 4 years (a NW company that manufactures paint and has retail paint stores) before going back to college, so I know about acetone and have worked with it plenty. Thank you for the heads up though.

haha. Look at me telling an expert what he already knows. I look forward to seeing what you can do bro.

haha. Look at me telling an expert what he already knows. I look forward to seeing what you can do bro.

Ha Ha. I am no expert! Expert in house paint and solvents, possibly, but it's been a couple years. Expert in paint filling, heck no, never done it. Hopefully I can get a little practice this week and tackle my Scotty this weekend or next week.

Ha Ha. I am no expert! Expert in house paint and solvents, possibly, but it's been a couple years. Expert in paint filling, heck no, never done it. Hopefully I can get a little practice this week and tackle my Scotty this weekend or next week.

a little bit of advice that should really help. Buy round tooth picks and bend the tip (like 1mm of the tip) because the paint likes to bead up higher on the pick and won't go into the grooves as easily. If you bend it, the paint will stick to the end a little better and it makes it a lot easier to apply. Also, don't be afraid to go outside the lines as a light pass with an acetone q-tip will pull that right off (after it is well done drying of course).

a little bit of advice that should really help. Buy round tooth picks and bend the tip (like 1mm of the tip) because the paint likes to bead up higher on the pick and won't go into the grooves as easily. If you bend it, the paint will stick to the end a little better and it makes it a lot easier to apply. Also, don't be afraid to go outside the lines as a light pass with an acetone q-tip will pull that right off (after it is well done drying of course).

Oh, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

I just re-read through all 39 pages of this thread to get some inspiration as to what colors to use on my putter and/or clubs.

Putter is going to be first. It is a Scotty just like the one SethO did most of his work on. Ideas?

I just re-read through all 39 pages of this thread to get some inspiration as to what colors to use on my putter and/or clubs.

Putter is going to be first. It is a Scotty just like the one SethO did most of his work on. Ideas?

green and white
black and gold
blue and white
testors had a military set that looked cool. it was all flat military colors like navy, dark green, black, white, etc

green and white
black and gold
blue and white
testors had a military set that looked cool. it was all flat military colors like navy, dark green, black, white, etc

Thanks for the ideas. So many options! I need to just try it until I find one I really like.

This thread is a trip! I was on the 17th green today and looked at the sole of my White Ice #9 and thought of this thread and all the cool things you were doing to personalize your sticks. I may have to try this.

This thread is a trip! I was on the 17th green today and looked at the sole of my White Ice #9 and thought of this thread and all the cool things you were doing to personalize your sticks. I may have to try this.

You should def do it! It's a fairly easy and inexpensive way to customize your clubs. And you can change or touch up whenever you want. I did my irons and wedges in one day.

I think I want to do something with my Betti

my bestfriend 'ghosted' his sabertooth and it is NASTY! (good way tho)...he has the sole of the club clean to the metal so it wouldn't chip the paint...matte white (similar to the R11 paint actually) with black lines/dots along the topline....and red/black lettering on the sole. absolutely sick putter now.

my bestfriend 'ghosted' his sabertooth and it is NASTY! (good way tho)...he has the sole of the club clean to the metal so it wouldn't chip the paint...matte white (similar to the R11 paint actually) with black lines/dots along the topline....and red/black lettering on the sole. absolutely sick putter now.

Useless post without pics Gio! You need to get on that !

Sounds cool, would like to see it since I have a Sabertooth. Sound like he would enjoy this site.

Ok, I totally skimmed here and skipped a lot. Guilty. But...

I'm familiar with testors as it's used for model cars. Can you "ghost" an entire putter with testors? Just white enamel and a brush? I imagine I should tape everything up and paint white. Should I spray or brush?

I do not believe that would be a good way to do that, but I could be wrong.

I wouldnt do it at all, but if you are dead set on doing it, id spray...
Ok, I totally skimmed here and skipped a lot. Guilty. But...

I'm familiar with testors as it's used for model cars. Can you "ghost" an entire putter with testors? Just white enamel and a brush? I imagine I should tape everything up and paint white. Should I spray or brush?

Shoot. I want to try to ghost my Vicino. What's the best way then?

I wouldnt do it at all, but if you are dead set on doing it, id spray...

What's the alternative? A different type of paint?

Back