Dustin Johnson Switches Putters

Look at DJ tied for the lead now that he's putting with something decent.

I'm in the camp that thinks putting is all mental, it doesn't matter what stick you use. Maybe for some guys how the putter looks/is designed fits their eye alignment or stroke better than other design's, but in general terms I place much more stock in the player than in the putter.

DJ's just not a good putter, that's just his game. He can get hot and maybe he'll get hot with this new putter for a while, but then what happens when he has a bad round or two with the flat stick? Is he going to switch again? Some guys can flat out putt even if you had them use pool cue, some guys can't. DJ can't.

Seems to be working thus far.

Can't say I like the putter, but if it will help him win more, awesome!

looks like it's helping him out so far.....

I like the look of this itsy bitsy much better than the spyder. I just could not line that thing up with all the graphics on it. Maybe it is something I could have gotten used to, but I just could not get comfortable looking down on a basketball court.

Could he have trouble putting because he's so @#$% tall? His eye is that much farther from the ball. Midgets might be amazing putters!

Could he have trouble putting because he's so @#$% tall? His eye is that much farther from the ball. Midgets might be amazing putters!

I like that, next time I miss a putt I'm blaming it on my height

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Put DJ on some blood pressure meds it'll fix em up for sure.

well, maybe OneT needs to switch putters, everybody loves this putter

According to Taylormade Q&A on Facebook, it's a prototype from Japan.

I also prefer the simple look of this one rather than the Ghost Spyder.

Whatever works, I guess. At least it doesn't look as bad as the normal spider ghost,

Tappin!

Not bad, I always liked the spider design one of my favourite mallet style heads prefer it to a lot of pings High MOi I designs of recent years. i recently acquired a ghost corza belly putter, which rolls the ball pretty sweetly (at home down the hall way) not sure if I have had enough time to get the stroke perfected yet, but i am pretty keen to try it out on the course.
The only thing that surprised me is the ghost finish is not a smooth and glossy as i expected more matt with a bit of texture to it, which while looks good seems to attract every particle of dirt and dust haven't taken it outside yet and already it looks dirty.

I'm hoping this works for him. I would love to see him a ton of final groups this year. The guy is an incredible athlete and now he just needs to close.

good for him. Just looked at his putting stats and they are bad... Like Amateur bad. Hope this serves him better.

The putter Jason Day is using at Qatar does not have the basketball graphics either. Apparently the tour pros agree with SethO as I have seen three ghost spiders on TV this weekend (itsy bitsy or not) and none have the basketball court site line - including Jason Day.

Looks like Peter Hanson is using an Itsy Bitsy Ghost or a full sized Ghost Spider with a single site line at the Qatar Masters.

so I take it he didn't like the spider?

looks like he's back to his old putter for pebble beach

so I take it he didn't like the spider?

looks like he's back to his old putter for pebble beach

Ya he played hell of a round too, 1 off the course record! But honestly putting wise i thought last week his stroke looked the best i've ever seen it.

Back