2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

If you don't draw Social Security, you ain't trying. :D

I don't think I'm the eldest here either. :banana: I do draw SS and that tells me I survived my youth.

Yes I'm planning on driving, I like the road trip. Need to see a biker buddy in Myrtle Beach to check out his new shop. Hope to get some extra rounds in with you and others while in sunny F LA. If you need anything transported we can do a Va. get together before hand.

10-4, I appreciate the offer but I will probably check them on the plane. Let me know when you want to play, I usually work every other Saturday so I am pretty open on Sunday.

The thread JB and GG put up about their day of testing clubs got me thinking of the outing and of course demo day and after. One of the best parts of this outing is the fact that no only are there a bazillion clubs available for us to hit at the demo day but then we have the rare and unique ability to choose to use these clubs w=during our rounds on Saturday and/or Sunday and experience them during real course situations. I missed out on this great opportunity the first year but took full advantage of it last year and intend on doing the same this year as well.

The demo day is going to be a lot of fun for me with several "competition going on. One of the big tests will be in the category of fairway woods. I know I want to put the Mashie up against the RBZ and the Cleveland Black as well as the titelist and exotics and test all of them versus my current Callaway. I am sure as we get closer and as more clubs are mentioned that will be present others will jump into the competition. I also look forward to hitting several drivers like the Callaway Fit, Cleveland Black and Titelist 910. The Mashie irons along with the RBZ and AMP irons have me curious so I might do a little battle there as well. Wedges and putter I have not thought of much at this point but I am sure there will be a few I want to see, although I am very pleased with my wedge set-up at the moment I intend on still hitting several options if for no other reason then to provide the feedback on my thoughts and answer why the clubs present still have not done enough to kick my present wedges out.

So as we get within 100 days of our get together in Florida what is everyone else thinking about comparing during the demo day and what are you considering taking out for a test round?

It's hard to say what I will want to take onto the course with me until after I try everything out at demo day. The first year I was blown away by the Project X shaft and put the 5.0 in my R9 driver and hit it so well that weekend. I was also blown away by the Cleveland fairway woods. By the time the next demo day rolled around I had a Cleveland driver, fairway woods and Mashies in my bag. The only thing I took out last year was a Cleveland HB3 6 iron which I had tried on the range which again I ended up buying afterwards.

I think I may be in the market for a new driver this year. The Cleveland Classic and Ping G20 have my eye right now but who knows what I'll end up hitting the best out of all those that will be there. There are a lot of irons that have my interest, especially the Cleveland irons. I love the idea of Miyazaki graphite shafts in my irons. I'll definitely keep an open mind and try out as many as possible.

I too will be looking at the fairway woods WR and also the wedges. I would like to hit the all of the FWs you mentioned plus the Adams. In the wedges I want to try the 588s and the SCORs the most. KellyBo makes a great point about the Cleveland irons with graphite shafts, I know I will have to give them a few swings too. On a side note Rhino you know you are welcome to try out my Cleveland Black, it is 10.5* with a stiff shaft, if that is the combo you wish to hit just have at it buddy.

I too will be looking at the fairway woods WR and also the wedges. I would like to hit the all of the FWs you mentioned plus the Adams. In the wedges I want to try the 588s and the SCORs the most. KellyBo makes a great point about the Cleveland irons with graphite shafts, I know I will have to give them a few swings too. On a side note Rhino you know you are welcome to try out my Cleveland Black, it is 10.5* with a stiff shaft, if that is the combo you wish to hit just have at it buddy.

Well DD we might have to "pair up' at the demo day and hit the same clubs and bounce our thoughts off each other. As I believe Yoccos or Kmac mentioned earlier in an outing thread, demo day can be fun when you find a "buddy" and hit a few clubs together and talk about what you though with the other person. I love this aspect of demo day and it makes it more fun it that was even possible.

DD, I don't believe we are going to have our own clubs at the demo day, or at least that was how it was in the past. There is no point really but I appreciate your offer and if things work out where we get a round in together and I don't have that driver in my bag to test then I would love the chance to take a few swings with it.

It's hard to say what I will want to take onto the course with me until after I try everything out at demo day. The first year I was blown away by the Project X shaft and put the 5.0 in my R9 driver and hit it so well that weekend. I was also blown away by the Cleveland fairway woods. By the time the next demo day rolled around I had a Cleveland driver, fairway woods and Mashies in my bag. The only thing I took out last year was a Cleveland HB3 6 iron which I had tried on the range which again I ended up buying afterwards.

I think I may be in the market for a new driver this year. The Cleveland Classic and Ping G20 have my eye right now but who knows what I'll end up hitting the best out of all those that will be there. There are a lot of irons that have my interest, especially the Cleveland irons. I love the idea of Miyazaki graphite shafts in my irons. I'll definitely keep an open mind and try out as many as possible.

And this is why we hit next to you each other every demo day!

We play together so much that we are always sharing our clubs. Man, I can't wait... Thinking new hybrids this year and (gasp) may be year for new irons

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - I'm in the market for a new driver. I should probably just wait until after the demo day to make a decision, huh?

So - I'm in the market for a new driver. I should probably just wait until after the demo day to make a decision, huh?

Yeah. I've been in serious search mode for new irons. I'm thinking not even the PGA Superstore nor Edwin Watts will offer as good an opportunity to demo as many new toys!

I would! They will have so many different brands of drivers as well as a launch monitor. They'll even have shafts that you otherwise won't have access to try. Last year, they gave everyone who wanted it, a 15 minute time on the launch monitor. You could try out a bunch and then take your favorite to the monitor.

Absolutely!!! Not only can you compare basically all the different drivers in one place. You can also have the ability to take one or two out for a round to compare, and the launch monitor which KellyBo speaks of above. There is no question I would wait!

[envy]

All you guys are so lucky to be able to do this!

[/envy]

Learn from my experience...YES!!
I didnt wait & found out the expensive way :angry:

Good deal - I'm really pumped to try out some different big sticks. Definitely will approach it with a completely open mind.

I'm going to come buddy up with WR and DD. I actually started a word document to make a list of clubs I want to make sure to try out as I read about something here. Man it's so hard to hold out on a new purchase since we are still over three months out, but I know I should...even tougher though as the new products start showing up in the stores.

I remember that last year JB and GG posted a complete list of all of the products that would be at the Demo Day, I can't wait to see that list for this year.

In terms of the Demo Day, I'm going to be biased in saying that I'm going to hit as much Cleveland stuff as possible, but I'm also interested in testing out a lot of different driver shafts to see the differences between different models.

I remember that last year JB and GG posted a complete list of all of the products that would be at the Demo Day, I can't wait to see that list for this year.

In terms of the Demo Day, I'm going to be biased in saying that I'm going to hit as much Cleveland stuff as possible, but I'm also interested in testing out a lot of different driver shafts to see the differences between different models.

The demo day thread is coming soon.

The demo day thread is coming soon.

Awesome! I wasn't trying to put any pressure on you or GG with my post, sorry if it was taken in that way. It's always fun to see the list grow as Demo Day approaches, and I'm excited to participate in it for the first time.

Awesome! I wasn't trying to put any pressure on you or GG with my post, sorry if it was taken in that way. It's always fun to see the list grow as Demo Day approaches, and I'm excited to participate in it for the first time.

Not at all. It was planning for next week anyway. We like to wait until we have a few things from each company before putting it up. Then as things come in, we add to the 1st post each day.

I'm going to come buddy up with WR and DD. I actually started a word document to make a list of clubs I want to make sure to try out as I read about something here. Man it's so hard to hold out on a new purchase since we are still over three months out, but I know I should...even tougher though as the new products start showing up in the stores.

Sounds like The Three Amigos are going to be hitting a bunch of great clubs. I simply could not resist the Cleveland Black, I hit is so well compared to the R-11 I was gaming it was a no brainer.

Not at all. It was planning for next week anyway. We like to wait until we have a few things from each company before putting it up. Then as things come in, we add to the 1st post each day.

Wow, I am looking forward to that list and then watching that list grow.

For me I'm looking hard at the FW woods. Either I need to learn a better swing ha ha the 2.0 sf seem to draw allot for me in the 3 and rescue.

Just looked at flights again, went from $235 to $285 since Tuesday:banghead:

You guys looking at flights, I'd jump on these low fairs when you have the chance. Fees are going to start to climb.

Back