TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls - RocketBallz

I hated this name at first, thought it was stupid. Now after a few days it's sort of grown on me and I quite like it. Very keen to try these balls out, they sound like just what I've been looking for.

I'm not a fan of the name at all...but I agree with JB I would rather it have a name then Ul 98806 ...not my type of ball anyway.

It's a goofy name for sure but to be honest I didn't even notice the name. I used it to line up putts but that was it. Put a black line through it with one of those ball stencils or freehand and it just becomes a TM ball with green numbers.

I hated the Penta , felt that it was a shorter ball than the Bridgestone B330RX , maybe will give these a try.

Looks and sounds like this could be a great ball! I love the green numbers on it! I hope the price point is 20 or less per dozen.

Speedmantle? Insane velocity? Good greenside spin? Ok, my interest is peaked. Been looking for a new ball for next season and this is definitely on my must-try list.

I'm liking the green accenting through the new line. I'm one of those who said they didn't really like the name, but then I think about it and realise one thing. It sticks in your head. I could forget any amount of alphanumeric abbreviated names and struggle to recall them when talking about clubs or balls to my friends....but I'm unlikely to forget the name RocketBallZ!

The bag is okay looking
30076191_im__________0_gsi.jpeg

The bag is okay looking
30076191_im__________0_gsi.jpeg

I just got a good laugh. I looked up that bag to see what the price is and saw the color listed as black/white/slime.
So that means the rocketballz have slime on them.

Guys. Quit hatin' on DragonBallZ. It is freakin' awesome.

Found these for sale at the local target, $27 a dozen, I should have picked them up.

BTW, all the chatter around the name, the TM marketing team deserves a huge bonus. The name made the marketing impact it was designed for, we all have the name front and center in our mind.

I am looking forward to me some rocket ballz to whack with my rocket ballz irons

I played the Rocketballz balls today for 9 holes. I can say that I definitely had a little added distance with my irons into greens. As for the the driver it is inconclusive, as the fairways were a little soft from rain yesterday. I really liked the soft feel with my irons and wedges. Putting felt about like it would with my 330Rx or Z-stars. When you hit these balls they really compress, and you feel the softness. The biggest downside for me, is into the greens. When I play the 330RX or Z-star, most of my shots do not roll out much and that is how I play, so these would take a little getting used to. I will be playing a course I have never played before tomorrow, so I will probably not play these, as I want to know what my ball will do on the green. I will try these again next week.

I played these ballz yesterday and was pleasently surprised. I normally play the B330S; since I converted after a live B-Fit from the Penta. The Penta was giving me too much spin off of the driver. I have been very happy with the B330S. I hit a number of different shots while playing today and hit a few of the same shots to compare both balls. I really liked them off of my driver and irons. I was able to stop them on the greens. They would typically hit and stop on the greens. I had a few shots spin back a few feet when I hit full shots with my 52* and 56*. I think I am going to keep gaming these and check them out a little more. For now, no real negatives...

These are going to sell crazy fast

I played a couple of holes with these balls this morning and was pleasantly surprised! I would say I liked them better than the Qstars or the E series balls....I found them easy to compress and I got a decent amount of spin with my wedge shots.

I got to hit about 40 shots with these yesterday at Golf Galaxy, and I really liked the way they felt. It reminded me a lot of my B330S's.
Next time I go to GG I'm gonna take a handful of B330s, and try them against the RBZ just for kicks.

They are a good looking ball with the green lettering, I can't wait for the chance to get back on the course here and give these a go.

I have over a dozen of these that will be put to use soon, hopefully tomorrow.

The only access I have to "demo" balls is to actually buy them or find one that somebody lost. So it could be a while until I actually get to try them.

The only access I have to "demo" balls is to actually buy them or find one that somebody lost. So it could be a while until I actually get to try them.

Buying is the best way to go... pick up a sleeve and give it a shot.

I played a couple of holes with these balls this morning and was pleasantly surprised! I would say I liked them better than the Qstars or the E series balls....I found them easy to compress and I got a decent amount of spin with my wedge shots.
Good to hear, because I went from Q's to E's and LoVe the e6. I bought a dozen last night, so we shall see.

Chewie gave me one of the new RBZ balls and I am very impressed with it. Good compression and grin side spin is top notch!

Sounds like TM has come up with a winner. I'll have to pick some up and give them a try for my next round glad you guy's have had success with the RBZ's.

Back