Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I really want these irons. I don't think there's a better looking iron out there right now.

I really want these irons. I don't think there's a better looking iron out there right now.

It sure says something for not needing badges and whatnot everywhere doesn't it TC. So simple and such clean lines. Its what pushed me way over the edge on them.

It sure says something for not needing badges and whatnot everywhere doesn't it TC. So simple and such clean lines. Its what pushed me way over the edge on them.

I completely agree. Some times less is more, and these irons exemplify that to me.

I really really like the looks of them. You are one lucky man Jman!

It'll be interesting to read your feedback Cookie on the the 3,6,9 testers. You said your SS will be increasing what are your numbers now Driver vs Irons. Have fun next week hope you all hit long and straight.

I will definitely have feedback next week.

6i SS is about 80 last time I had a fitting. I think it's still about the same as I try to be a very tempo based player.

Driver SS is probably 95 or 96 average with a max of 102 if I go after it.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Sorry Howzat, just saw this. My driver SS was actually a 106 avg about a week ago, it seems the more weight I lose the more it has increased hahaha

My C-Tapers are S flex, coming from S300's these are what Willy with Pro_Stix and I decided would be best. I know JB has said a couple times the C-tapers are for a very VERY small number of golfers out there but they really have improved (lowered) my flight from my S300's and they are longer for me as well. Add that to the feel of a flat out crisp feeling iron in the J40's and I really think this could be a fun ride.

I ended up going with the x100s in my j40s. I am pretty happy with the flight.

Special delivery today!!

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

Dual pocket cavity of 5i & PW
DSC_0677.jpg

Pocket Cavity close up
DSC_0678.jpg

Comparison shot of 5i, PW, & 58*
DSC_0681.jpg

Great deal, Cookie. I'll have to check out the video later. Glad you didn't have to wait until the evening for them.

Great video Cookie. congrats on the new Brigestone J40's

Cookie I'll be watching that later but awesome dude! Nice pics!

Still, IMO, the best looking irons out on the market.

Good stuff Cookie, now break those suckers in!

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Seth, your pic's just reaffirm it that much more for me. Damn.

Nice pics One-T, you know how to make them line up all pretty in the bag also!

Great job on the video and pics, Cookie.

One-T, those pics are sick.

Your bags are really taking shape!

Seeing and hitting those up close, they sure are a nice iron. Looking forward to hearing how you boys get them dialed in!

Love the pics, guys. Thanks for posting.

Unboxing video. Cant embed with Crapatalk. Can someone help?

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Embedded it Seth. Nice unboxing man!

How do they play ?
And what irons did you use prior to these , how different are they?

Just tappin away

Nice pictures and videos guys. Mine came in as well but I was at the course and just got home. Too dark tonight to take pictures and video so it will need to wait until the morning.

Nice pictures and videos guys. Mine came in as well but I was at the course and just got home. Too dark tonight to take pictures and video so it will need to wait until the morning.
Sweet! Looking forward to your first impressions with the KBS Tours in them.

Sweet! Looking forward to your first impressions with the KBS Tours in them.

Yeah me too. That's what is coming my way hopefully early next week.

I am just in awe, they look even better than I remember.

Back