Nike Introduces Lunar Ascend

Tried on a pair this afternoon @ a local golf shop in the White w/ Black & Red as they sold out of the Black / Green & Black / Red. The store associate admitted they didn't expect this type of demand & didn't order enough.

This shoe just screams breathability with a mesh-like texture which is a must in the hot, humid Miami summer. I found them to be much lighter than my regular golf shoes (TW 10) & seemed quite comfortable for the few minutes I walked around in them. Not sure about the traction since I've never worn spikeless golf shoes but I guess I'll trust Nike's R&D.

Ordered a pair of the Black / Red Lunar Ascends and should have them by end of week. I'll definitely use these on the range and summer afternoons on the course.

c8378927.jpg

92d99670.jpg

2db85ef9.jpg

Very comfortable and very light, but a lot of twisting in the uppers. Walked around in them for a good 20minutes. Still thinking about it

I like them Tadashi, look pretty comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie I just wore them to the range for the first time today and they are very comfortable. Traction is good too. Very happy with them!

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Freddie I just wore them to the range for the first time today and they are very comfortable. Traction is good too. Very happy with them!

Good feed back, my hold up is the color. I liked the black and green at the show but may have to go with blue

I have a different opinion of these shoes. I saw and touched these today, they are much better looking in person. Nice color scheme, sole and feel (material used to create)
The black and green are very sharp and will be in the Kong's closet.

I agree. I didn't like the pictures at first, but after seeing the Silver/White/Red models yesterday at Golf Town, I actually really liked them. The more I look at the spikelese models, including these, I'm starting to want a pair of sneaker style shoes to wear on dry days with shorts. They just seem like they would be light weight and comfortable.

Is there any news on the Nike X Free Shoe that Tiger has been wearing?

Late Summer.

Do we have a price yet? I don't know about the Ascend, they kinda look cheap if you ask me!

No pricing yet. Probably won't have that sort of information until a month or two before the release.

I don't know this for sure, but following Nike's trend. Expect a premium on them for having the TW badge, if they do.

Is there any news on the Nike X Free Shoe that Tiger has been wearing?

I heard June 2012 and most likely $230ish.

Tried on the Lunar Ascends...man these are comfy shoes! Only problem was they didn't have my size in the colors I wanted. Really got sold on the white ones with the grey and subtle red accents.

I finished a second round with these and they are crazy. They are actually more comfortable than walking around the house in socked feet. I have the black and red ones and am thinking about getting another pair, maybe black and green or the gray and blues.

not sure how i feel about this, almost a bit too casual, but not in a "classic" way a la the dunk nike golf shoes?

Im a Nike guy but I dont really like the looks of these. I'll wait for the Frees :banana:

Is the $230ish from a knowing source? That seems pricey for those.

Is the $230ish from a knowing source? That seems pricey for those.

Date yes... Price is still TBD but historically that's what his shoes sell for

I finished a second round with these and they are crazy. They are actually more comfortable than walking around the house in socked feet. I have the black and red ones and am thinking about getting another pair, maybe black and green or the gray and blues.

Just made me more interested in these. Been looking for something light and comfy for those hot days that will work well with shorts.

Man, that is quite the chunk of change for a pair of shoes! I don't think I can drop 200+ on a pair of shoes... I really really really want some 360 ATV's, but even then I have a hard time... over 130 bux for a pair of golf shoes is pushing it for me right now. I can pick up a decent set of last year irons for about just about the price of those nikes. It's just too much.

Man, that is quite the chunk of change for a pair of shoes! I don't think I can drop 200+ on a pair of shoes... I really really really want some 360 ATV's, but even then I have a hard time... over 130 bux for a pair of golf shoes is pushing it for me right now. I can pick up a decent set of last year irons for about just about the price of those nikes. It's just too much.

Try living in Canada where premium FJ's are $300 and TW Nike's are usually the same, along with high-end Adidas being about $270.

Ahh come on I wish they would price them reasonably I was looking forward to them

Tappin!

I waited almost a year to buy the TW 2011s and got them 50% off.... just gotta be patient for the right price.

I waited almost a year to buy the TW 2011s and got them 50% off.... just gotta be patient for the right price.

I'm waiting for the 360ATV to drop in price, then I will pull the trigger.

Just made me more interested in these. Been looking for something light and comfy for those hot days that will work well with shorts.

You wont regret it, I am just loving these shoes.

Back