Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

I'm expecting my gap wedge to be the most used/relied on 588 wedge as well. I'm pretty excited for you that you could get out on an actual course and let them rip turf. Honestly, was it hard hitting them in those damp, muddy conditions? They're so pretty.

I'm expecting my gap wedge to be the most used/relied on 588 wedge as well. I'm pretty excited for you that you could get out on an actual course and let them rip turf. Honestly, was it hard hitting them in those damp, muddy conditions? They're so pretty.

To be honest, I didn't think about it once. However, the first thing I did when I got home was clean the hell out of them haha. I did keep a wet rag to keep them as clean as I could. I'm more concerned about them banging around in my bag. Maybe I should ponder some wedge covers :)

To be honest, I didn't think about it once. However, the first thing I did when I got home was clean the hell out of them haha. I did keep a wet rag to keep them as clean as I could. I'm more concerned about them banging around in my bag. Maybe I should ponder some wedge covers :)
Don't you dare! Love your thoughts Hawk, and I'm jealous of those sessy wedges. I'm curious why you are wondering what shots you will hit with the 53? Seems like every shot you used to hit with your 54 will be pretty similar with your 53.

I actually didn't even carry the 54 until I started needing it for full shots. I use the GW for the in-betweeners and the 57 for the lobs, short chips, etc. I'll figure out where it fits in, but I just haven't had a chance to use it much yet.

Everyone is different, but I'm going to have my 54 degree wedge as my 100 yard club, and for longer chips around the greens. I hit a couple of those types of chips during my round on Wednesday, and was pleased at how low I was able to keep the ball and get it running on the greens. I'm going to wear the 100 yard flag at my driving range out hitting shots to that flag with this club, I want to get very confident with this club from that distance.

spent about a half hour on the sim yesterday at Dick's with my lovely wedges...
most of my shots were full swings, as these are normally the most difficult for me with wedges. i also threw in a couple 75% and 50% shots, to get a good feel for distance.
tried to pick a distance in my head and hit to it...worked out pretty well.
let me say that these are wonderful to hit. i love the weight, the DG Spinners feel great, and i really like the golf pride NDMC grips on these.
i think it's safe to say that my TM xFT's are in trouble....

spent about a half hour on the sim yesterday at Dick's with my lovely wedges...
most of my shots were full swings, as these are normally the most difficult for me with wedges. i also threw in a couple 75% and 50% shots, to get a good feel for distance.
tried to pick a distance in my head and hit to it...worked out pretty well.
let me say that these are wonderful to hit. i love the weight, the DG Spinners feel great, and i really like the golf pride NDMC grips on these.
i think it's safe to say that my TM xFT's are in trouble....

I have no doubt about that!

My wedge watch has officially begun for the week, LOL

The suspense is crazy when you don't know exactly when things are arriving. I vote for today.

I was not planning on doing anything golf yesterday, but I ended up taking just the 50° out to a practice football field to play around yesterday. Paced off some targets at 40 and 60 yards and hit pitch shots to them. Just tried to get as close to the target as I could and practice higher/lower shots. Trajectory control is fantastic. I'm amazed at just how low I can keep them if I want to.

Hit some full shots from one endzone to the other as well. I found distance to be very consistent on well struck shots. Almost laid two balls top of each other in fact.

Hawk I love the idea of going to a football field to work on hitting the exact yaradages, that is a great way to measure. I might have to try that myself.
TC I am really anxious to see your wedges, I have really been admiring the AMAZING work that Cleveland has done on these wedges and I have really enjoyed seeing the works of at that each of you have created.

Honestly, I'd rather go to a range, but at least I got to hit balls on grass. Definitely better than nothing! Grass was a little high, so it was almost like practicing out of the rough.

The suspense is crazy when you don't know exactly when things are arriving. I vote for today.

I was not planning on doing anything golf yesterday, but I ended up taking just the 50° out to a practice football field to play around yesterday. Paced off some targets at 40 and 60 yards and hit pitch shots to them. Just tried to get as close to the target as I could and practice higher/lower shots. Trajectory control is fantastic. I'm amazed at just how low I can keep them if I want to.

Hit some full shots from one endzone to the other as well. I found distance to be very consistent on well struck shots. Almost laid two balls top of each other in fact.

Two things:

1. I love that you fling divots all over the football field
2. It's nice to hear that the TC shafts are easy to flight lower if you need to buddy.

I predict you really enjoy these wedges. I'm almost certain I'll be heading out to do the same today.

i hit some balls yesterday out of my back lawn, but just driver and 3wood. ground is still too soft to get any good wedge work in...but man it felt great to be outside hitting balls! spring can't come soon enough for this guy...

@TC - can't wait to see your custom lefties!
*edit - and yorkem!*

Lol at Hawk tearing up a football field with his 588's, that's great dude. It's good to hear that you had no trouble bringing the ball in high or low. I'm beginning to think it may be over a week before I can swing these which is not a pleasant thought. Woke up this morning, saw them chilling in the staff bag looking lonely so I called in for the afternoon off. Of course no sooner than I hung up the phone a big crash of thunder informed me that there would be no golf today :banghead:

i hit some balls yesterday out of my back lawn, but just driver and 3wood. ground is still too soft to get any good wedge work in...but man it felt great to be outside hitting balls! spring can't come soon enough for this guy...

*edit - and yorkem!*

Thanks man! I'm getting super giddy. I hope they're chilling at the house when I get home after golf today.

*edit - and yorkem!*

Thanks buddy. I got the big tease when I got to work today. As I was pulling in the Fed Ex truck was pulling out. I walked in to my office and said "Where are they?", and everyone looked at me like I was crazy, and then one of the guys says "no, he did not just drop off your wedges." The Fed Ex/UPS stalking continues. hahaha

Thanks buddy. I got the big tease when I got to work today. As I was pulling in the Fed Ex truck was pulling out. I walked in to my and said "Where are they?", and everyone looked at me like I was crazy, and then one of the guys says "no, he did not just drop off your wedges." The Fed Ex/UPS stalking continues. hahaha
I know that feeling. I think me and the Purolater man are dating.

SW, I love the simple designs you put on your wedges!! Nicely done!

I wonder when that FLTC will get his wedges? Is it a forgone conclusion that they will Carolina blue colors all over them? I think so

I wonder when that FLTC will get his wedges? Is it a forgone conclusion that they will Carolina blue colors all over them? I think so

I think not. But, I have sworn to secrecy

I think not. But, I have sworn to secrecy

I cant wait to see what the Kmac wedge looks like. I hope he can hit it right handed. :beat-up:

I think he has orange on them

Back