The Haney Project 2012

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Saw a couple commercials for this and have just read the article from TGC website saying Hank will take on Sugar Ray Leonard, Angie Everhart, Adam Levine and Mario Batali. TGC is saying that they are playing fro a $100,000 donation to the charity of their choice for the person that improves the most.

My question is, does anyone have any faith that Hank will make any improvement on their games. I'm not trying to rip Hank but he did nothing for Barkley, ray showed little improvement as did Rush. Barkley is probably too bad for anyone to fix but I think that Rush and Ray at least had a chance to achieve their goals. I don't know how bad this group is but can only imagine how bad Mario Batali and Angie Everhart can be.

Anyone out there think Haney can make any of them improve? Or is this just a paycheck? I mean that with all due respect!

I don't know if it was Haney to be honest. These celebs didn't want to change. Charles tried, Rush put effort in and Ray was a big turd. I think these celebs also have to understand, Hank is gonna change things. Egos got in the way of other people I think.

How long does he actually spend with these people though? I was really curious. I don't think a few weeks of practice were going to get Ray to break 80. But who knows?

I think whether or not he helps them matters more on how willing they are to accept the help he offers.

I enjoy watching these and have learned a lot in the process. I disagree that no improvement was made by Romano and Limbaugh, I think both were much better after Hank got done with them. Golf takes years to make major improvements so any change at all is impressive, a few strokes per round is significant. Barkley improved everything but his full swing which is a psychological issue that no swing coach could fix and I give Hank credit for taking on the challenge. As far as reality TV is concerned it is more entertaining than most of the trash on TV today and I am looking forward to the new episodes myself.

How long does he actually spend with these people though? I was really curious. I don't think a few weeks of practice were going to get Ray to break 80. But who knows?

I think whether or not he helps them matters more on how willing they are to accept the help he offers.

I think you would have to go in there with the mindset that Hank is going to change your swing. Secondly, I'm sure there is some sort of application process, so my guess is these people WANT to be on the show and WANT to get better. It's not like he doesn't know what he is doing, why not take his advice and change your game for the better.

I think you would have to go in there with the mindset that Hank is going to change your swing. Secondly, I'm sure there is some sort of application process, so my guess is these people WANT to be on the show and WANT to get better. It's not like he doesn't know what he is doing, why not take his advice and change your game for the better.

As was said earlier, I think these people let their ego get in the way. Most of them didn't seem to want to implement his ideas. Why they feel that way I couldn't begin to understand.

I know Mario has been playing for quite a long time, think he's a fairly decent player

They also have to put in the time without Hank around, and most of them don't hit the range nearly enough to make the changes he is trying to implement IMO.

I think Charles tried and succeeded at one point before he fell back in to his bad habit. Romano just never seemed in to it. Rush showed that if you take lessons and put in the work that you can get better. I would think taking a lesson with Hank Haney would improve your game somehow.

Personally, I think it would be better if Golf Channel and the Haney Project found a regular hacker out there, not a celebrity, to focus the Haney Project on. I mean celebs are great and all, and bring in ratings, but they have acting or singing, whatever. You know how tickled pink I would be to shoot par and have Hank Haney giving me tips. I couldn't be like one of the celebrities and give a half butted effort to improve. I would want to soak up everything Hank teaches me and hopefully, play better golf. I think it would be more entertaining for GC to pick a mid handicap guy and watch the improvement. I mean, we have jobs and such, we don't get to play golf like Ray Romano and Rush do. That just my opinion anyways.

You know Hank picked Mario because he's a Crocs aficionado, right? Haha ;)

I enjoy watching these. But for a celeb to just change their swing in a "show" just isn't possible. It would take over a year to see major improvements in my opinion in a celebrity compared to a professional.

It's going to be really interesting with this group. For example, Mario Batali. He's a full-time chef! If you don't have any insight about what that means, it often means working 5am-close in some cases! Doesn't leave much time to practice, although I'm sure he has chefs under him for his restaurants.

As was said earlier, I think these people let their ego get in the way. Most of them didn't seem to want to implement his ideas. Why they feel that way I couldn't begin to understand.

The problem is not that they are stars or celebrities the problem is they are adults and they are less open to new ideas and new ways of doing things - even when a certified expert is telling them what to change to improve. I don't mind stars being on the show but I would like to see him take someone that has no experience and start from scratch with them and teach them how to play and see what happens.

Ray never had a chance. I think after the show it was said that he was dealing with a very sick dad during the taping.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Are these going to be one episode shows like with the NFL Stars or more like the first 3 projects. 6 or so episodes?

If its one episode, its pointless to try and see improvement. Hank had 2 days with them.

They also have to put in the time without Hank around, and most of them don't hit the range nearly enough to make the changes he is trying to implement IMO.

I don't watch any of these shows (outside of accidentally catching a segment here and there) so my opinion might be way off base because i'm ignorant of the factual details; but my opinion falls along the line of this.

Sure there are times where certain teachers and certain pupils just don't mesh for whatever reason, but more often than not most of these things really boil down to how much time and effort you're willing to put in. I don't know all that much about haney, I know some people don't like him, but the man does know golf he didn't get to where he is if he didn't know golf. So i'd imagine that that if you're willing to put in the work on what he's teaching, you'd improve. If you don't, you won't. just like anything else.

There is no question that Hank Haney can help a mid to high handicapper improve. As can any competent teaching pro.

I think the biggest thing holding the celebs back is their practice time. These guys have extremely busy professional careers. This doesn't even speak to their family time. One has to wonder how much they really practice.

With that said, the last few episodes with the football players was worthless.

Batali is a celebrity chef and restaurant group owner. I'm not saying he doesn't put in his time, but he's not in there at 5:00 am prepping or spending much time in front of a range at this point in his career.

Though he could cook for me and I'd be glad to give him lessons. The guy is phenomenal.

Kevin

can anyone tell me who is on the show next time, i heard brody jenner but not sure, if it was i would not watch it. hope its someone good or a big celebrity. heard timberlake works wiht butch harmon too.

can anyone tell me who is on the show next time, i heard brody jenner but not sure, if it was i would not watch it. hope its someone good or a big celebrity. heard timberlake works wiht butch harmon too.

Check out the 1st post.

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Caught the Bill Cowher one last night. My favorite line from HH was, "I'm not here to take you from a 16 to a 14 handicap. I'm here to take you from a 16 to a 5 handicap." Actually had him putting with the claw grip, which I also agree with when someone has the yips. Works great. He did leave it with Cowher at the end saying next time he saw him he wanted him to be that 5 handicap. I think a lot of this stuff is on the student to use what HH is giving them and make it happen after he leaves, right or wrong.

Back