JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am really excited to see this and already have the DVR set. Anybody else have thoughts?

I was going to start this thread earlier today, I can't wait to see it. I love listening to old guys talk about what it was like back in the day.

I have no idea what this is. When and what channel?

golf channel... story of african americans and golf

not sure what time

• Admin
Next Wednesday at 9pm

OK thanks, I'll set it up.

Just saw the preview. I love golf history so I'll definitely tune in.

i cant wait. its really an awesome thing to hear from the people who paved the way for golf to be where it is today

DVR already set. I was a little disappointed that it's only an hour long though. Also skeptical about Samuel L. Jackson as a narrator. He just doesn't seem to have a documentary voice to me. I know he's a golfer, but I think someone like James Earl Jones would be a better narrator...

...unless of course there are a lot of phrases like "I'm gonna play mutha****in golf on this mutha****in course whether like it or not you racist mutha****er!" In which case Sam Jackson is definitely the better choice.

Morgan Freeman would have been my choice. But Sam Jackson is such a golf fanatic and a good guy that it makes sense.

Morgan Freeman would have been my choice. But Sam Jackson is such a golf fanatic and a good guy that it makes sense.

Not Charles Barkley?

uneven lies...

= James Earl Jones
jamesearljones1.JPG

= Darth Vader

darth-vader.jpg

= awesome!

I love shows about the history of golf, so I'll probably watch it.

a charlie sifford gem

[youtube]5VtQLjLW9lg[/youtube]

I plan on DVR is set as well I hate live TV now. first off I am trying to consume as much golf related info as possible, I really like Samuel L Jackson and lastly I like history. so far it looks pretty interesting just wondering who else is tuning in.

i would have to second the morgan freeman for it though, shawshank redemption is one of my fav movies

We finally watched this tonight. Great show, learned a lot of new things. Wish I had put it on DVD befoie I erased it.

I learned a lot of new things... I just found it a tad boring

I enjoyed the music and the program. Loved the old guys telling yarns. Amazing cultural transformations in the last 50 years. Couldn't help but think of Thorpe's tax prosecution when he was speaking, though.

WSE,
I thought the exact same thing.

Back