Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I'm going with 44.5".

JB, let's say that hypothetically you went with a 12* head, what shaft would you pair with it?

Man....this is not good for my wallet. I'm getting excited. Word on the street is our Golfsmith has these in house. I'm scared to go.

I'm going with 44.5".

JB, let's say that hypothetically you went with a 12* head, what shaft would you pair with it?

And how long would this shaft be?

Man....this is not good for my wallet. I'm getting excited. Word on the street is our Golfsmith has these in house. I'm scared to go.

LOL, I don't know why, but this cracked me up. C'mon man! Go have a gander.

I'm going with 44.5".

Not sure till I get some time with it or get to try it out. THP Demo Day I hope.

And how long would this shaft be?

44 inches most likely.

Load the car up with some sweet trade bait to ease the pain on the wallet.

I thought the stock shaft felt absolutely amazing, but the spin numbers were just too high for me.... The quality of this shaft/head combo is unbelievable, especially at what Blind9 will offer THPers for it.

what shaft you thinking? if your spin is too high mine is prob gonna be to high too.

All this talk has me convinced to drive three hours to a GG to hit it. I'm going to call around tomorrow to see if it's on shelves yet.

Please do!
I'll see what I can do, but not sure it will be available in the limited time I have. I really liked the 9* on the few swings I had with it last week, but the 10.5* was great too.

what shaft you thinking? if your spin is too high mine is prob gonna be to high too.

He got that white Miyazaki shaft

All this talk has me convinced to drive three hours to a GG to hit it. I'm going to call around tomorrow to see if it's on shelves yet.

None of the GG's around here, that Ive been to, have it yet and had no idea as to when it would show up either...

Not sure till I get some time with it or get to try it out. THP Demo Day I hope.

44 inches most likely.

Dude, that's in May. Just throw out some shaft possibilities for your possible 12* Classic. Please.

None of the GG's around here, that Ive been to, have it yet and had no idea as to when it would show up either...

Weird how some stores have things out and others don't. Same with the Mashies. I won't be able to get on the road for at least a week anyway.

thats interesting.... i'm hoping my golftec starts carrying cleveland clubs, apparently they have been on the fence about it. And are making a decision on it very soon.

Weird how some stores have things out and others don't. Same with the Mashies. I won't be able to get on the road for at least a week anyway.

It sure is annoying how TMex can taunt us with his Classic numbers, DJ can OEM a Mashie for me but I cant find a friggin Classic anywhere. wtc!

It sure is annoying how TMex can taunt us with his Classic numbers, DJ can OEM a Mashie for me but I cant find a friggin Classic anywhere. wtc!
They have them in stock down here at Golfsmith. Yet, I cant find the Mashie anywhere.

They have them in stock down here at Golfsmith. Yet, I cant find the Mashie anywhere.

Strange. I'll have the Mashie in hand tomorrow. Why is this all so hard to coordinate and organize.

Strange. I'll have the Mashie in hand tomorrow. Why is this all so hard to coordinate and organize.

Exactly. Just release stuff the Friday after the show. I haven't seen any of the new stuff except the RBZ and r11s here.

--
tapatalk

Exactly. Just release stuff the Friday after the show. I haven't seen any of the new stuff except the RBZ and r11s here.

--
tapatalk

Dude, I think they should release it the Monday after the show. I hate it too. It makes no sense whatsoever. I want to be overwhelmed.

--
tapatalk

Dude, I think they should release it the Monday after the show. I hate it too. It makes no sense whatsoever. I want to be overwhelmed.

Colonel quoting truth FTW! I agree and could not agree any more. Release hell on my command.

Overwhelmed is exactly the term. There is nothing like walking into a shop and having to plan out what you're hitting. Right now its underwheming and it sucks ballz.

--
tapatalk

Overwhelmed is exactly the term. There is nothing like walking into a shop and having to plan out what you're hitting. Right now its underwheming and it sucks ballz.

--
tapatalk

Agreed. I want the market to be flooded the day after the show ends. Ride the hype wave!

Agreed. I want the market to be flooded the day after the show ends. Ride the hype wave!

You would think with all the marketing focus these companies have someone would figure it out. TM has, and it shows. There stuff is on shelves and you don't have to hunt/guess when an item is "scheduled" for release. Give me a chance to put a club in my hands before someone else gets my money.

--
tapatalk

If you're ever back at the Moorestown location, the Golfsmith there has both the 9* and 10.5 in the stiff shaft.

Dude, that's in May. Just throw out some shaft possibilities for your possible 12* Classic. Please.

I really dont know. My guess would be Kusala Blue maybe. I honestly have no idea, but I am leaning towards a 12* right now in it.

You would think with all the marketing focus these companies have someone would figure it out. TM has, and it shows. There stuff is on shelves and you don't have to hunt/guess when an item is "scheduled" for release. Give me a chance to put a club in my hands before someone else gets my money.

--
tapatalk

There is an easy explanation for it and that is most companies have release dates set. TM does not, they release items all the time, change the date all the time, change embargo all the time and if you go back and read some of our early reviews or radio shows when we ask when release is, the date is always wrong because it changes by the day.

Cleveland has had the release of the Classic I believe at the 17th of Feb since the beginning. The truth is, it was never expected to be "out there" this early. However in a day of social media, guys like G-Mac start putting things on twitter and then the stuff is out 3 months before they hit stores. Cleveland's release dates are almost always and have been almost always mid February.

Sometimes the fact that we get to see and hit things extremely early can be detrimental as the waiting game is quite large. Do you remember how THPers were the first to hit the Mashie ever? And it did not come out for 6 months. To think that every piece of equipment should come out the day after the show, does not take into consideration how much work goes into a release and the show in terms of marketing and advertising.

I hear you man. I wasn't commenting on release dates as much as I was the way different stores were doing different things. We typically don't have a lot of the new gear until well after the release dates around here anyway.

I'm going to do some calling around next week and see who has what and hopefully hit this thing.

Back