Matrix 6M3 Shaft Review

What shaft do you currently have in your driver?

I have the stock r11 shaft stiff flex in driver and 3w. Fujikura blur 60 I believe

I have the stock r11 shaft stiff flex in driver and 3w. Fujikura blur 60 I believe

Do you just launch balloon balls out there with it?

Do you just launch balloon balls out there with it?

Yea i have it set at 8* right now to get my launch angle and back spin down. I tend to hit a really high ball and not get much forward roll out of my shots. Thats great for irons, since i can hold a 5i on the green, not so great for driver when it leaves a pitch mark in the fairway and stops where it lands. The control and low launch out of this shaft sounds like it would help me a lot and allow me to put a little more loft back on the face.

I prob should have looked into the TP shaft more when I got the driver, but at the time didnt want to spend the extra money. And part of me just didnt think i was good enough to need a TP shaft.

Yeah man, it's hard to justify the costs on a TP driver at times, but I think what's important is learning that a shaft really truly can make a club come to life.

There's a lot of good products out there and I would recommend trying out a few things if you can. I really enjoyed the M3 and liked what I saw out of it. Hopefully you can give one a whirl somewhere.

Yeah man, it's hard to justify the costs on a TP driver at times, but I think what's important is learning that a shaft really truly can make a club come to life.

There's a lot of good products out there and I would recommend trying out a few things if you can. I really enjoyed the M3 and liked what I saw out of it. Hopefully you can give one a whirl somewhere.

I agree. I will say this though...since coming to THP I have a much stronger appreciation for what shafts I use in any of my clubs now that I know how much of a difference it makes. Again great review.

I saw this shaft in the GolfWorks catalog again and its awesome. What a great review though, I just read it again.

I saw this shaft in the GolfWorks catalog again and its awesome. What a great review though, I just read it again.

It is awesome looking! I've grown very fond of Matrix's products to be honest with you.

It is awesome looking! I've grown very fond of Matrix's products to be honest with you.

Me too. The homies at GG were all talking about how good the Radix looks when I picked it up. I took some swings with it in the SIM and liked what I felt.

Me too. The homies at GG were all talking about how good the Radix looks when I picked it up. I took some swings with it in the SIM and liked what I felt.

The Radix is wicked. However, I reckon that SuperTri of yours would love to put a RUL under the hood.

The Radix is wicked. However, I reckon that SuperTri of yours would love to put a RUL under the hood.

Yeah I think the RUL just might be a perfect mate for the SuperTri, I reckon it could be a very good combo but better then the Classic?

Excellent bump here. I just read the review again as well and it is wonderful. I want to hit this shaft in a bad way.

Yeah I think the RUL just might be a perfect mate for the SuperTri, I reckon it could be a very good combo but better then the Classic?

meh, you need both. One's adjustable. LOL

meh, you need both. One's adjustable. LOL

Remind me to NEVER get rid of the stupid ST this time. And Im serious. It was $75 so there's no reason to off it.

Remind me to NEVER get rid of the stupid ST this time. And Im serious. It was $75 so there's no reason to off it.

haha, you got it dude. You would be dumb to get rid of it. One of the best drivers ever.

haha, you got it dude. You would be dumb to get rid of it. One of the best drivers ever.

I agree. And more shafts then TMex has burritos for it.

Great review TC. I REALLY want to try this shaft but it is out of my price range.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I have been on a bit of a shaft kick lately. Along with finally getting the C-Tapers I a have been lusting after for a long time now, a couple of weeks ago I ordered this shaft off the bay. I have been playing the Diamana ahina X Stiff shaft for about a year now and I have felt like it is just a little too stiff. I wanted to get back into something less stiff without sacrificing the lower ball flight and lower spin numbers I was getting with the ahina. This is where the Black Tie comes in. This is easily the stoutest stiff flex shaft I have ever used. Now I know that one manufactures stiff is another companies X Stiff, but in the case of the 6M3 I think the flex is accurate in the context of what it is trying to provide. I can definitely feel the shaft load a lot better than my current shaft, which i am loving. This shaft has a really stiff tip, but you can feel the shaft load just below your hands. I have not got to take this shaft out and get any launch monitor data on it, but I am hoping to get some data on this shaft soon. That being said I definitely feel like I have gained a good amount of distance with this shaft and giving me back the feel I wanted. It did this while maintaining a consistent low ball flight and my spin seems pretty good. It has brought my draw back into okay which is both a good and a bad thing. Overall, I am a big fan of this shaft so far. It offers great stability while giving a consistent low ball flight and nice feel. In the world of shafts, this has got to be one of the stoutest shafts in the 60 gram stiff category. [/FONT]

That's some good feeback, Doc T.

Oh and I forgot to mention that this is the BADDEST looking shaft I have seen!

I have been on a bit of a shaft kick lately. Along with finally getting the C-Tapers I a have been lusting after for a long time now, a couple of weeks ago I ordered this shaft off the bay. I have been playing the Diamana ahina X Stiff shaft for about a year now and I have felt like it is just a little too stiff. I wanted to get back into something less stiff without sacrificing the lower ball flight and lower spin numbers I was getting with the ahina. This is where the Black Tie comes in. This is easily the stoutest stiff flex shaft I have ever used. Now I know that one manufactures stiff is another companies X Stiff, but in the case of the 6M3 I think the flex is accurate in the context of what it is trying to provide. I can definitely feel the shaft load a lot better than my current shaft, which i am loving. This shaft has a really stiff tip, but you can feel the shaft load just below your hands. I have not got to take this shaft out and get any launch monitor data on it, but I am hoping to get some data on this shaft soon. That being said I definitely feel like I have gained a good amount of distance with this shaft and giving me back the feel I wanted. It did this while maintaining a consistent low ball flight and my spin seems pretty good. It has brought my draw back into okay which is both a good and a bad thing. Overall, I am a big fan of this shaft so far. It offers great stability while giving a consistent low ball flight and nice feel. In the world of shafts, this has got to be one of the stoutest shafts in the 60 gram stiff category.

I knew you'd love this shaft Doc! It's amazing how well it performs for a fella like yourself considering how much it weighs. I'm slowly becoming a hard core Matrix homer.

I knew you'd love this shaft Doc! It's amazing how well it performs for a fella like yourself considering how much it weighs. I'm slowly becoming a hard core Matrix homer.

It is super impressive. I know that shafts like the Tour AD are getting a ton of buzz on tour and the web. But I have hit both the AD DI 6 and the 6M3 and I prefer the Matrix shaft. It is more controlled, with a lower launch and it feels fantastic. I am a big fan! Thanks for doing such a bang up review!

It is super impressive. I know that shafts like the Tour AD are getting a ton of buzz on tour and the web. But I have hit both the AD DI 6 and the 6M3 and I prefer the Matrix shaft. It is more controlled, with a lower launch and it feels fantastic. I am a big fan! Thanks for doing such a bang up review!

Thanks to FLTC doing so well with his Matrix reviews Im a big fan too. Im looking to get a RUL for my SuperTri as I think it would be a great match.

I wish I could test this shaft. I'm looking for a shaft upgrade in my r11 so I can adjust the loft back up to 9 or 9.5 (have it on 8 right now).

Back