Push cart - seeking feedback from owners

stevie-a

Yeah boyeeeee!
Reaction score
Handicap
New Things
I am considering various models of push carts and have read all the reviews and previous posts on this site about them. I currently have a 'knock-off' of a Sun Mountain cart and it's about to die, so it's time to replace it. So I reach out to those of you with push carts, give me your thoughts on the following models if you own them.

Clicgear 3.0
Sun Mountain V1, SV1 or Micro models
TourTrek (not sure of the model name/#...looks like a Sun Mountain cart though)

If you have one that is not listed above and you think it's good, speak up too! I'm willing to spend $200+ on one because I'll get my money's worth. Thanks in advance!! I'm relatively new to the site, so I see Blind 9 is a partner of the site and have seen people mention 'Patty'....how do I get in touch with her??

I've really enjoyed my Clic Gear 3.0. I bought it based on reviews I read from others on this site. It's very compact when folded and easy to fold/unfold. No complaints whatsoever. Go to Notifications at the top of the page and send a private message to pattyblind9golf. She is great about working with THPers on a good price.

I bought the clicgear 3.0 because it folded down smaller than all the others and space is a premium in my car. I love it, it takes less than 10 seconds to unfold and fold it, tracks very well, has heaps of space in the glove box and with the net provides more than enough room (I never have to go into the bags pockets once my round is underway) and most importantly it is very smooth over most terrain.
I don't know anything about the other buggies but if any of them are 4 wheeled then I would rule them out, I had a 4 wheeled one in the past and it was annoying to turn, 3 wheeled carts are much easier to manoeuvre.

Clicgear 3.0, I love mine and it fits in my truck perfectly and I still have room for a big golf bag and other junk.

John Deere Tap'n...

Personally, I think the Clicgear 3.0 is too big (unfolded, with bag on it). The Sun Mountain SV-1 is the best cart on the market in my opinion. It folds to a good size, has multiple storages including one for a rangefinder, umbrella mount, and hand braking. It can have an extra storage bag, folding seat, GPS mount, and more.

do you want 4 wheels or do you want 3 wheels?
Which one is lighter?
Which one folds smaller?

You really cannot go wrong with either SM or Clicgear.

What about Bag Boy?

Clicgear 3.0 is what most of the people that I am round have. I have an original Sun Mountain and am tired of pumping up the tires all the time. My next pushcart will be the Clicgear.

I tried the Clicgear and the Sun Mountain before I bought last year, the Clicgear won hands down, for me personally.

Nabbed a refurb 2.0 directly form them for a song and haven't looked back. Love it.

I have the Clicgear and I'm just not sure how you can make a better one. Sturdy. My bag fits on it fine. Has cool attachments for drinks/gps/... I love it. It's paid for itself a few times over already.

I have the Sun Micro 4 wheeler for when my back says "cart, no carry"....it's actually a very nice cart. I tend to carry 99% of the time, but in the Summer I tend to play 36 several times a week, and using a push cart the second round can be nice sometimes.

Clicgear 3.0. Compact when folded, can roll it down hills and not turn over, sturdy, no air in tires, multiple colors to choose from and many accessories to add to it. One of my best golf investments.

Clicgear 2.0 for myself, nearly perfect for me. Clicgear 3.0 for my wife nearly perfect also, if I could mix the two together it would be the perfect cart. If someone stole them I would order two more with out hesitation, shop around bought both while they were current for a little over $150, if storage space is important get the 3.0. In my original shopping the biggest complaint was pumping up tires thus my choosing clicgears, my 2.0 was factory return/rebuild other than some scratches on the bottom and mud on the wheels it looked like new and came with some of the optional accessories tossed into the box for free.

I love my clicgear 1.0 but I would get the 3 in a heartbeat if I didn't have it already.

I stopped by my local Golf Mart before playing with friends and bought the BayBoy Sidekick push cart on a whim. At the time I picked it because it was the best "value" cart (paying somewhere around $120) - basically the cheapest push cart they had.

It's a fine cart, but not nearly as nice as my friends Clicgear. I actually somewhat regret not spending another $70 for a clicgear for a few reasons. First, the clicgear is more compact when folded, so fits in the trunk more easily. Second, it is just better made, with less cheapy plastic looking parts that appear are going to fail or break after a year or two. Third, it just rolls a little better (hard to explain, but you'll notice if you push them around for a while). Lastly, there are more accessories made for the clicgear (such as an iPhone holder, which I wish I had for the BagBoy).

If you think about the price of your cart amortized over the number of rounds you play with it, I think it actually makes sense to pay a little more if you play regularly. For example, if you play weekly, a $200 cart is really only $2 per week over a 2yr period. I wish I had thought about that before I bought my BagBoy ;)

I have a Cadie Ultramaxx U4G2. Bought it 2 years ago on sale. It folds to 24" has airless tires, click in style umbrella holder, drink holder and scorecard holder. I would recommend it to anyone.

I have a clicgear 3.0 and LOVE IT. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy a push-cart. If any of the individual parts happen to fail, you can also easily buy replacements. The add-ons are also pretty cool. Looking to get one for my dad as soon as I see a good deal again.

I have the SM MicroCart and love it. It is lightweight, the 4 wheels provide for a stable ride, folds up in a snap and has great convenience features (sturdy umbrella holder, drink holder, storage bin for your scorecard/cellphone, tees/balls holder and a roomy zip-up pouch underneath).

I have the Clicgear and I'm just not sure how you can make a better one. Sturdy. My bag fits on it fine. Has cool attachments for drinks/gps/... I love it. It's paid for itself a few times over already.

This. Absolutely love my Clicgear and purchased after thorough comparisons against the SM and BB. Some say it is big, yes it is. About the same as the SM but definitely bigger than the BB.

I call the 3.0 the Hummer of carts. It is big, wide, and sturdy. Yet, is is superbly easy to push and break down when needed. That is precisely what I want when I walking over varied terrain multiple times per week.

Love my CG 3.0. Don't even hesitate on this purchase.

TapAhoy!

I have a clicgear 2.0 and love it.

I checked out a bunch of push carts last year before buying and decided on the 3.0 Clicgear. I have no complaints, sets up quick and is stable on the course with plenrty of room in the storage area. I looked into purchasing their sand bottle and decided for the price I will fabricate my own to hold a course bottle instead of having to fill my own each round. hope this helps you.

I have worn out four push carts and currently have a Clicgear 2.0. It is OK but don't rush into a CG purchase. I think I would rather have the SM micro due to its smaller footprint on the course. It is lighter and easier to push. The only other guy in my group with a Clicgear bought a SM Micro and gave the CG to his son. I like his current set-up much better, us old guys want the easiest carts to push.

I use a large cart bag to fit the CG better but prefer smaller lighter bags. Bag size might be a factor in your consideration. The CG is pretty good but you can not go wrong with SM either. Too bad you can't play a few rounds with each before deciding.

Let start by saying thanks for all of the feedback. This is the info I was looking for. Sounds like the majority love their Clicgear's....and I understand that. Last question I have for those of you with the 3.0 model, my bag's driver slot is in the back when I put it on a cart -- so do you have any issues in pulling out your driver if it was closest to the handle/cart storage net area? Is it a tight fit, annoying, etc... (Hope that made sense.....)

Done deal...pulling the trigger on a Clicgear 3.0 and buying from Blind9. Thank you all and thank you Patty!!

Back