Marshmallow Drive

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
My company's golf tournament in March is having a "marshmallow drive" after the tournament. I think this is a contest to see who can hit a marshmallow the farthest off of a tee. And the prize for the winner is pretty sweet (something like 4 free rounds) I was wondering if anyone has done this before or what are some ways that yall think would work best (tee it up flat, or on its side, what club, etc). I assume the marshmallows will be at the outside temperature or put into a cooler for consistency. Sounds interesting nonetheless.

I guess I could always bring a frozen or weighed down marshamallow if I get really desperate :D

I think you'll need a lofted club, otherwise the marshmallow will just go 'splat' on the clubface. Maybe a 9 iron? Sounds fun!

Never heard of a contest like this, but sounds kind of fun. Let us know the winning strategy and good luck.

Buy a big bag, go in your backyard and swing away. I think thats your best bet to figure out what will work.

Make sure you buy the distance marshmallows, not the high spin ones.

Make sure you buy the distance marshmallows, not the high spin ones.

I got the top-flites for sure. I was gonna go with the Polaris marshmallow for straightness, but Kenny Mayne has never steered me wrong once.

it actually sounds like a cool little contest....I would agree that you could probably hit it further with a lofted club...I was thinking 5 or 6 iron......but I agree...for a couple of bucks, go buy a bag and experiment....be sure and let us know how it worked...I may have to incorporate this into the charity tournament that I am a part of.

I'd go with a 3W and the marshmallow on its side seems like you'd get less air resistance off the rounded sides than the flat ends

Does anyone else want to go hit a marshmallow now? I have to say, I am interested to see what happens.

Does anyone else want to go hit a marshmallow now? I have to say, I am interested to see what happens.

I'll admit to looking in the cabinet to see if we had any left from Christmas....LOL

Buy a big bag, go in your backyard and swing away. I think thats your best bet to figure out what will work.

^^^^This is what I would do too.

Many of my drives look like I have hit a marshmallow. :D

I'll probably have to fork out the 2 bucks for marshmallows. That's a good idea. I'm also thinking maybe a 5 iron or so teed up a little. Perhaps hitting a fade to get a little more height, or maybe I'm overanalyzing it. I've only got a month to train, so I better get started :)

what size mashmallows can you use? the huge campfire ones?

what size mashmallows can you use? the huge campfire ones?
That's what I'd assume. They are provided by the course though, I believe.

Girl who sits next to me just went to King Soopers for some lunch. I gave her a couple of bucks and asked her to bring me back a bag of marshmallows

she may already have them inside of her shirt?

Girl who sits next to me just went to King Soopers for some lunch. I gave her a couple of bucks and asked her to bring me back a bag of marshmallows

Never heard of such a thing or thought about it before. Would love to know the fun results of all who try. Ron isnt there a little too much snow there? You might lose it with the white on white.

Tapaway!

I would go with a long iron myself. I am sure the MM will want to flatten and stick to the face, but the long iron should have just enough loft to keep this from happening, while maintaining a high club speed and giving you some air.

Alternatively, I would use a short iron and softly hit the marshmallow, trying to sorta throw it with the club head.

Never heard of such a thing or thought about it before. Would love to know the fun results of all who try. Ron isnt there a little too much snow there? You might lose it with the white on white.

Tapaway!

Figured I'd tee it up on one of the little islands in the parking lot and hit out into the lot, should show up nicely on the black tarmac

One problem. Is your swing speed fast enough to compress them?

Back