TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls - RocketBallz

Played 18 today with the new RBZ, and I may just have found a new ball. My usual ball is the E6.

Driver - Tie, both balls are long off the tee, I did hit 75% of fairways with the driver and RBZ today so maybe it has an edge
Long Irons - TBD, I could not hit anything over an 8I today
Short Irons - Tie, the RBZ flies higher than the E6, both stop about the same
Around the Greens - RBZ, you could see the ball bite, about 30% less roll out than the E6
Putting - E6, it took me a while to figure out the pace for the RBZ, I left a lot of putts short today.
Durability - Tie, played most 15 holes with one ball and it looks like it could go another 18 (lost the first one on the the third hole)

Both balls are the same price point, if I can figure out the putting then I am switching as the RBZ has the edge around the greens.

Thanks for the comparison.

I think I'm gonna play these tomorrow. I hope I come away impressed. I played the E5 before and I couldn't have been happier.

Does the actual ball say 'RocketBallz' or 'RocketBall' because the actual ball is just one ball...

rocketballz lol

I think it should say RocketBall cause it's only one ball.

The line is called Rocketballz, so the ball says the name of the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a chance to play the new rocket ball. The course was giving out a trail ball today. It was good off the tee, For approches and par 3 the ball had great sticking power and feel for putting. I was enjoying playing with the ball until the ball washer ate it on me. LOl The plunger broke and the ball fell inside it.

I played two sleeves of these today.

Pros:
Good feel, sound.
Durable
Great spin around the green for the price point
Good for short approach shots.

Cons:
Spin. Holy crap. The first 75% of the ball flight they seem great - then they balloon or hard cut or hook. It's almost like there's a spin delay.

I sold the other 2 sleeves I had to the pro shop for $5/sleeve. I won't be using these again.

Still not lovin' them. Like them OK, but none of my top three balls should be scared of getting booted out of the lineup.

Today I chose to play them against the C:25. I played pretty much one ball on odds, the other on evens. But on wide open fairways, I would hit one of each for comparison.

Here are the things I was looking at:

Driver, tail wind: Long, both of them. Nice penetrating flight.
Driver, into wind: C:25 measured longer and stayed lower. RBZ balooned and was only about 85% the distance.
Long irons: Both feel good. I was getting better stops out of the C:25 but only marginally.
Mid irons: Even
Wedges: C:25 all the way. I had RBZ hopping straight up but then they would land and release. the Wilson's would hop a couple times and stop.
Putting: C:25 wins by a 60/40 margin. Softer feel off my SeeMore. Distances were fairly identical.

Both feel good off my Machspeed Black. When hit on the screws, they are the same. I hit a couple bad drives with both balls.
The C:25s seemed to fair better as my cruddy swing would make it either hook or slice. The RBZ would, for the most part, just GO. Wherever they start, they stay. That said, I lost or went OB with more RBZs today than C:25s by like 3-1.

Only for the short game, and the "too" straightness, I would stay with the Wilson balls.
I have 4 RBZ left. I think I'll do the same thing next time with Diablo Tour, another of my favorites.

Remember folks, YMMV.

OK, they're growing on me. They're still not great, IMO, but I'm more fond of them today than I was Saturday.
I changed my swing on approaches and hit them way higher than I normally do. This is when they really started sticking to the greens. I had two stop no more than 18 inches from the marks but on really high shots. This isn't my normal shot, because it's often pretty windy here and I keep 'em down to mid-high. I still don't like the feel off my putter. For a few dollars less per box, I would consider them.

Thanks for the thoughts Toad!

I just played a round with these over the weekend and i'm sold. Can't complain about the price point either, very competitive. I'm working on lowering my ball flight/reducing spin at the moment and these were perfect for me without feeling rock hard. I will see how a few more rounds go in case I just had 'one of those good days' but i'm sold for now.

I played about 6 holes with them yesterday and they seemed longer off the tee than some of the other balls I play (NXT tour, Gamer v2) and about equal to ProV's or Pentas. To me, they seemed very similar to Gamers in terms of feel and spin -- and are about $7 more per dozen. Verdict is still out over all and I intend to play 18 more today...will post my thoughts following the round. Expect a little more wind today, so I'll be interested to see how much they carry and are affected by wind.

Played a full 18 with them today in about a 10-20 mph wind. Here's my thoughts:

The good
-- Straight, long off the tee
-- Solid cover, didn't scuff/peel after wedge shots
-- Mishits didn't spin wildly out of control, they seemed to 'float' off line rather than slice

The bad
-- Shots ballooned when hitting into the wind
-- Didn't check up like other similar balls I play (NXT Tour, Gamer)
-- Delayed draw/fade(?) Someone else commented about this too, but I saw it today. The ball would fly straight, then draw/fade once the ball hit the apex of flight. Hard to explain, but not something I've seen with other balls. It doesn't make it unplayable, but hard to plan for it too.

Ok so I got to hit these a bit today. I compared them directly against a few Bridgestone E6's which are my go to ball when my swing is out of sorts or when I'm slicing the penta. I have to say that these performed really well for me. I didn't get any ballooning but my ball flight is normally no more than mid height at best. Distance wise they were pretty similar with the edge slightly toward the RBZ ball. Feel off the irons I prefer the RBZ hands down. To me the RBZ is a much softer ball than the E6 which IMHO is much harder than they advertise it as.
The thing that I really liked about this ball was how easy it was to stop on the green. I certainly wasn't expecting Penta performance around the greens. In fact I was expecting similar performance to the e6. To compare directly my full swing with my 50* wedge with a penta will suck back about a foot, the same swing with an e6 will release for about 6-10 feet. With the RBZ it was still releasing but only by a couple of feet which was impressed me a lot. I think this will now be my 'go to' ball when I'm not playing a penta.

I gamed this ball while at Torrey Pines, I had no balls so I decided to buy 2 sleeves of these to see how I liked them. I was actually pretty impressed with the ball. Nothing really shined for me but, I did see good distance with the ball, especially off the driver. I had NO problems with greenside spin. I found myself in quite a few bunkers and was able to play the ball like I would a "premium" golf ball. One instance, I was in the left rough and needed to hit a knock down shot due to a hanging limb. hit it perfect, the ball hit, bounced once and and stopped, leaving me with about 6 feet. I was pretty impressed. I also found it good off the putter. It was not clicky at all. I would buy more of these in the future.

4055b60c-483f-a1d1.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Good feedback One-T, and that ball looks like it needs to be put up on a shelf to display!

Good feedback One-T, and that ball looks like it needs to be put up on a shelf to display!

I have more just like it...not scuffed. I bought 2 sleeves and only lost one ball. boom

Back