The Official Counterfeit Thread

Junk...stay away.

I see this based on 2 quick things on their site:

Shipping by DHL...who the hell ships with DHL for retail stores?
Contact us is a gmail account. No phone number to call, etc.
Thanks cookie....good observations!

Thanks cookie....good observations!
Also...domain registered to:

ming cheng
Nan'an District
chongqing, NA 400060
CN

Anybody have info on the Chicago Golf Company.... ebay name chicagogolfco. He sells a lot of irons and supposedly it's all authentic. I like his price on a "NEW Adams CB2 6-GW" for $299.99 BIN.

Just not sure what to think of this guy though.

Am I alone as one who thinks ebay is great for golf equipment. I have bought several clubs etc. from several different people with no issues. I always check out their feedback and make sure the pictures are of the actual items and have saved almost $1k in the process.

I love eBay ... although must admit I'm a bottom feeder. I look and wait for deals on used late model gear - half the fun is the art of the deal. Haven't had a problem yet & have bought at least 20 individual clubs to date on ebay.

Call me old fashioned. I like to handle a club before I buy. I go to Edwin Watts

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

a buddy I golf with bought from link china and they look damn good but the clubs simply do not perform, the rip off driver sounds like a tin can and has zero distance.

a buddy I golf with bought from link china and they look damn good but the clubs simply do not perform, the rip off driver sounds like a tin can and has zero distance.

Did he really believe he was getting the real product or was it just to see how it worked?

Did he really believe he was getting the real product or was it just to see how it worked?

just got on the web and didn't know any better, HE DOES NOW !

Lol. I sure hear the tin can comment a lot about these clubs, or aluminum baseball bat. The one I had had the same sound. But it actually had good distance.

Anyone got pics of a fake r11, i bought one of globalgolf, i thought they were reliable and prob are but mine turns out to be fake, hit it at range today and damn the ball flew funny and differant noise to the ones on tour. compared it to my 910 rip a 80 and the 910 was going 100 yards past, shows how rubbish fakes are. it looks so good too, no one could tell 100% it wasnt real. the counterfeit industry is getting smarter. only buy new and from autherised dealers i say now.

I checked ebay a bit last night, and I noticed that timtheputterman has not sold an item since december, anyone know if he changed his id or quit ebaying?

Anyone got pics of a fake r11, i bought one of globalgolf, i thought they were reliable and prob are but mine turns out to be fake, hit it at range today and damn the ball flew funny and differant noise to the ones on tour. compared it to my 910 rip a 80 and the 910 was going 100 yards past, shows how rubbish fakes are. it looks so good too, no one could tell 100% it wasnt real. the counterfeit industry is getting smarter. only buy new and from autherised dealers i say now.

Easy way to tell - there should be a serial number on the club head right under the sole plate.

There are some comparison pictures on ebay and wrx. Just google "fake r11". But I recommend you take it right in to a big box retailer that still have them and compare it side by side. I did. The head of the club even had the clubfitter fooled. He could not tell it was fake. The big giveaway to him was the shaft. The paint scheme was out and the grip had a red cap on it. The four things that gave it away to me were; the sound, the adapter (it said higher was -1*), the arrow on the shaft did not match the mark on the club head and the serial number they put on the hosel started with a T (that's usually TMs' Tour clubheads).

I checked ebay a bit last night, and I noticed that timtheputterman has not sold an item since december, anyone know if he changed his id or quit ebaying?

Interesting. I have bought stuff from him before

I think the person that made this site should have learned the difference between a capital and lowercase L.
logo.png

The funny thing is I have never heard of a person getting a fake club when they purchased thru their local pro-shop and PGA pro. Get offline and support the local economy, every dollar spent locally rolls over 7 times before it leaves the area and with the economy like it is now all of our communities need it. My local pro has always beat the price at the big stores and his turnaround on ordered items is always a week or less.

Plus you get the peace of mine that the club is legit and you have somewhere to carry it if there is a problem with it down the road.

The funny thing is I have never heard of a person getting a fake club when they purchased thru their local pro-shop and PGA pro. Get offline and support the local economy, every dollar spent locally rolls over 7 times before it leaves the area and with the economy like it is now all of our communities need it. My local pro has always beat the price at the big stores and his turnaround on ordered items is always a week or less.

Plus you get the peace of mine that the club is legit and you have somewhere to carry it if there is a problem with it down the road.

well, some of us dont live in the states, and for example, if i would buy the same club here in sweden its 3 times more then in the states. So ebay is like my only option...

well, some of us dont live in the states, and for example, if i would buy the same club here in sweden its 3 times more then in the states. So ebay is like my only option...

Unless you order it from one of the British golf-stores online. I've done it many times and never had any problems.
onlinegolf.co.uk, golfonline.co.uk, golfstoreeurope.com. Reliable, cheaper than here in Sweden and you get it delivered to your doorstep. Cant beat that!

Unless you order it from one of the British golf-stores online. I've done it many times and never had any problems.
onlinegolf.co.uk, golfonline.co.uk, golfstoreeurope.com. Reliable, cheaper than here in Sweden and you get it delivered to your doorstep. Cant beat that!

I agree! but u can find it sooo much cheaper from the states then in the uk. So again, if someone knows if this is a trusted seller. Pleaseee

http://myworld.ebay.com/greatgolfsales/

I agree! but u can find it sooo much cheaper from the states then in the uk. So again, if someone knows if this is a trusted seller. Pleaseee

http://myworld.ebay.com/greatgolfsales/

But imho i think it's worth a little extra to know that it's a legit dealer and you know that you are going to get good stuff. And if you order from e-bay it's always that chanse that your goods will be checked in the customs and you'll have to pay 25% VAT.

Or you can check golfbidder.com if you just want it cheap and dont care if it's second hand.

But imho i think it's worth a little extra to know that it's a legit dealer and you know that you are going to get good stuff. And if you order from e-bay it's always that chanse that your goods will be checked in the customs and you'll have to pay 25% VAT.

Or you can check golfbidder.com if you just want it cheap and dont care if it's second hand.

yes i know, but always check with the seller if they can send it "as a gift" and put the price inside the package, so that i dont have to pay any extra when it comes here... Or i have it dilivered to the states to my relatives, cause its still 50% off from the uk sites

sweet thanks for that, prices seemed too good to be true and when thats the case they normally are. Gonna be rocking a new r11s sooner than I thought I think.

Back