First I absolutely love this thread. Would have never thought of doing this to my golf clubs without these many creative ideas. Before doing this to the clubs I use all the time I decided to paint fill my old Mizuno MP-11 Irons. Here are the results:

Before:
100_0006.JPG

After:
100_0003.JPG

100_0007.JPG

I used white in the number, blue for the Mizuno logo, and black for the words "Mizuno Pro"

FIFY bro

Great work RPR. I really like that SeeMore.

Also, nice work on the Mizunos Danny.

This was the only club I managed to strip with liquid acetone. I decided to paint it tonight. It came out a bit darker than I wanted, but you can't tell in the picture.

43ed0d81-97dd-f2cf.jpg

Looks good Dam... I did my first paint fill a few weeks ago, and it is almost addicting. At least it gets easier the more you do it.

Looks good Dam... I did my first paint fill a few weeks ago, and it is almost addicting. At least it gets easier the more you do it.

Yeah I can't wait to get gel acetone so I can strip the rest of my clubs.

Yeah I can't wait to get gel acetone so I can strip the rest of my clubs.

Just make sure you are careful with that Klean strip, that stuff is pretty nasty. Have plenty of ventilation and wear some gloves if u got em. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I love this thread

Good looking clubs guys! I love seeing all the new paintfills.

Spent the afternoon working on my first paint fill...my girlfriend's putter.

Before
4750c05b-fa8b-f163.jpg

During
4750c05b-faa2-fdcb.jpg

After
4750c05b-fabd-6633.jpg

Keep in mind, the paint is still wet in the last pic and I haven't cleaned up the edges yet.

It was a fun little project, I didn't have time to do the bottom yet. One question, does the paint always take FOREVER to strip? I used acetone and have stripped tons of paint before, just never off of a putter.

I look forward to doing some more paint fills.

That looks great Jeff. I love that red on the black putter. Very awesome job.

Nice work, Jeff. The red/black looks good, but I loved how the middle, black/black, picture looked!

Great job Jeff!

TapAhoy!

Thanks buddy. I like yours too. It was definitely fun but I may have to try and find the gel acetone, the regular stuff took forever.

Edit: I'm not sure why the quote didn't show, I quoted Damaikis

Thanks guys! WE, yes I liked it "blacked out" too but she wanted red and I wanted the practice!

Thanks guys! WE, yes I liked it "blacked out" too but she wanted red and I wanted the practice!
No worries, the red/black turned out well. I may have to start doing some paint fill sooner or later.

IMG_20120205_132006-1.jpg

It seemed wrong NOT to do red fill on 2.0s. Just kind of fits IMO.
Matches up with the cavity well. Also did the xFTs.

Great job T0ad!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sweet looking Toad! What did you use to do the fill? Toothpicks or the specialized tip that comes with the little bottles?

Great job T0ad!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
:bananadance:
I think I've finally figured out the technique in getting off the over-paint. I ended up doing a bunch of stuff in red just to make sure I was getting it down.
That pic is blurry as hell, it looks better IRL, silly cell phone cameras.

@Gianna
I mask off a nice little box with blue tape and pretty much slop it in the groove with a teeny tiny little paint brush/swab thing I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I let it (Testors) dry for a couple minutes then use a non-textured shop towel lightly dampened in thinner to very lightly wipe off the excess. At first I was wiping too hard and I guess pressing down into the grooves and taking away the good paint. I got it to where I barely touch the metal and after a few swipes, the excess just comes off.

Paint fill

Paint fill

Here is the paint fill I did on my wedges and irons today. The irons have blue and yellow, hard to tell from the picture.

I love my iwi anser in every way except for one, the ugly color scheme. It looked like a bumblebee, so I took matters into my own hands and gave it a new paint fill of my high-school team colors. I think it looks awesome, but I want to know what you guys think. Now all I need to do is put that white golf pride grip on it.

Tappin!

Last edited:
I'm going to be doing some paint fill on my Nickent Irons. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a medium/lime green on the 3DX and the "Pro" in an Orange and the numbers on the bottom of the clubs in the same medium/lime green as their 4DX line of clubs used. Other recommendations?

2012-02-15%2020.08.02.jpg

Just give it a go and see how it looks overall. You never know until you try it out. I personally don't like "lime" green, I like darker green if I have to pick between two.

Use of orange on the number might be a better way to go then lime green.

Any reason to why you are going with the color combo?

For my clubs I went Green and White (Mich State U), which I will post picture soon here...I might start experimenting with different colors depending on the season in the future though.

For example, between May and July, I might go with Red White and Blue (Memorial Day, July 4th)
Fall...go with Orange
Holiday...Green and Red.

So many possibilities and so much fun.

I might even let my kids pick a color just for fun.

I have no particular reason for the green/orange other than I have the Nickent 4DX hybrids which have a lot of that green in them. (see below). My bag is Red/White/Blue, my range finder case on the bag is blaze orange, and if I were to do school colors, it would definitely be Maroon & Gold for my Minnesota Gophers. I'm also considering a maroon & gold (more of a yellow for non-fans who expect 'gold' like the metal.)

1285573939_bfc869274b.jpg

Okay, no update on colors BUT, I've done different paint fills on my clubs for several years and have messed with acetone to remove the old paint. I was bumming through the local Harbor Freight the other day and bought a kit of dental pick tools. After removing the paint fill from 3 of the irons, I would put this $5 or $6 set an absolute must if you want to save time on this part of the process.

They had a few sets to choose from but I went with the more expensive set because it looked and felt a little more heavy duty. They are SO sharp! I will advise you use caution when using them. This is a 6-piece set with 3 of them having picks on both ends. I will not be using acetone for this part of the process ever again. The tips are so strong and such a fine point, they get even the smallest gaps that I used to have to scrub and scrub and rub with anything I could find to get 'most' of it out. These get all of the old paint, right away.

The subject of the thread is Paint Fill Tools and these are a MUST if you want all of the right tools for the job!

2012-02-16%2019.58.18.jpg

Back