Wilson Ci11 or Titleist AP1 712, help needed :-)

Spicy Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

Ok here is the thing. As I'm in the market for a set of new sticks, I have limited (budget 550-600 euro's) my sets to the Wilson Ci11 and (budgetwise surprisingly) Titlelist AP1 712.

The spec's of the sets I'm talking about are:
Round 1:
Wilson Ci11, steel shaft, 3-p + a free offered sandwedge.
Titleist AP1 712, steel shaft, 4-p.
So on the Wilson I will get 2 clubs extra.

Round 2:
Budget:
The Wilson is just 20 euro's cheaper than the Titleist set.

Round 3:
Choice in shafts:
Wilson: KBS 105 stepless, TT Dynamic Gold, free of charge. KBS Tour and Project X will cost me 80 euro's extra
Titleist: TT Dynamic Gold, TTDG XP, TTDG HL, TTDG superlight, NS-pro 970, NS-pro 950GH, KBS Tour, free of charge. Project X and KBS C-taper will cost me 90 euro's extra.

Both the sets felt good, but when spending such an amount of euro's which set and shaft option will be the best on the long run.
The Wilson was my first choice, but due to the variety of shaft choices (free of charge) on the Titleist I'm a bit lost.

Looking forward to your advise.

Thanks!

I'm a big wilson staff fan, they produce quality products that are cheaper than their competition and they support the community as well (found out the other day they are a supporter of a golf day to raise money for the leukaemia foundation here in Australia). Plus you are going to get 2 extra clubs for less. My vote is with wilson based on that info but I haven't hit either of these clubs.

Well the two sets you are deciding against are different. Shafts play a massive part in how a club preforms. If it's purely a budget based decision then the Ci11 are the go, but to make the proper choice you would have to tell us more about what you want to achieve and how solid your ball striking with irons are.

Ci's are normally more of the GI/GE crossover (less forgiving with more control, etc) where as the AP1's are GI and more forgiving.
As i said, the shafts will play different roles also. Do you want a high, medium or low ball flight etc? Do you want a stiffer tip or butt section etc?

etc... etc... etc.

I loved the ci9s. If I were you, I would go with the ci11s. I know from experience that they feel amazing. But you should get on a launch monitor and compare them side by side

Tappin!

I can tell you which iron I prefer:

aefc9f31-b8d9-0391.jpg

I'd consider the AP2's to be more comparable to the Ci11s. If I were making the purchase, I'd go Ci11s personally, because its a better deal.

I'm a big wilson staff fan, they produce quality products that are cheaper than their competition and they support the community as well (found out the other day they are a supporter of a golf day to raise money for the leukaemia foundation here in Australia). Plus you are going to get 2 extra clubs for less. My vote is with wilson based on that info but I haven't hit either of these clubs.

I concur...I think they are a great company. I'm actually considering leaving my Ping i-10 for a new set of Ci11's next season.

Go Ci11's!

I have two sets of Wilson Irons.One set of V2"s and a set of Ci-11"s.I tried the AP1"s and did not particularly like them.Of course,I may be biased I play all Wilson.I even play FG Tour balls when available.

I have two sets of Wilson Irons.One set of V2"s and a set of Ci-11"s.I tried the AP1"s and did not particularly like them.Of course,I may be biased I play all Wilson.I even play FG Tour balls when available.

Man, nice sets to have! How do you decide which set to play?

I've hit both. The Titleist will hold their value much better if you are end to that. Based on performance and looks I like the Wilson Ci 11's. I have the Ci 11s and have hit the Titleist a bunch. Wilson's just perform.

The V2's are nice sticks too :) . How are they compared to the Ci11's?

My vote is for W/S. I'm a homer though as I typically like most of their offerings. I've hit the Ci11's and like them a lot, the Ci11's are likely to be cheaper also.

Ok W/S it is.... I have to see if I can get a demo with the Ci11 and V2's. I do like the black finish on the Ci11's, but the shiny V2's are also beautiful. be back later :)

Back