Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested in trying the Titleist 910 series. Wish I could afford to be a club ho!

Now here's a thought: take a rescue head, say 16.5* RBZ....and stick a 3W shaft in it. 2 inches longer. Now I'm pondering alright.

You go through equipment like no one I have ever seen. Didn't ou just buy those Adams you have for sale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did lol. I can't find that happy feeling. I finally found it with my irons, wedges, and putter. Now a fw and hybrids. But yes I'm mattykrack and I'm a club ho

And it sucks because I always sell on THP for less then I paid

FFFFFF, can't find a VR forged in 50*. Damnit.

I'm looking for a 58* as well - not the 6* bounce though, the 10. I think I may buy a 56-10 and bend it to a 58-12 since I'd prefer the bounce. You should find a 52-10 and make it a 50-08

Last edited:
All this talk about the J40 and not able to get it into the air with the stock shaft has me a little concerned....gonna have to research the shaft options today - maybe need to consider something with a slightly higher launch profile than the PX blue.

Now here's a thought: take a rescue head, say 16.5* RBZ....and stick a 3W shaft in it. 2 inches longer. Now I'm pondering alright.

wtc, your skinny jeans must be too tight mate lol

All this talk about the J40 and not able to get it into the air with the stock shaft has me a little concerned....gonna have to research the shaft options today - maybe need to consider something with a slightly higher launch profile than the PX blue.

I know the J40 head is really low spinning, that may have something to do with it.

I know the J40 head is really low spinning, that may have something to do with it.

Correct, it is a low spin head but supposed to be mid to high launch. The stock PX blue shaft is touted as penetrating launch with low spin.

Thinking that a higher launching shaft is needed for this combo to be optimum.

ETA: the PX black is touted as low spin with optimized peak trajectory. Thinking that may be the ticket...

Correct, it is a low spin head but supposed to be mid to high launch. The stock PX blue shaft is touted as penetrating launch with low spin.

Thinking that a higher launching shaft is needed for this combo to be optimum.

ETA: the PX black is touted as low spin with optimized peak trajectory. Thinking that may be the ticket...

I was going to say, the Black might be a better fit for a higher launch out of that J40.

WHY did I decide to jack with a new driver when the ML4 is stupid easy and long for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know man. I say keep the stick that is working for you and send me the one that isn't

Don't worry too much about it Cookie. I hit it just fine

I was going to say, the Black might be a better fit for a higher launch out of that J40.

Yeah, reading about is very promising if it is made available to us.

Don't worry too much about it Cookie. I hit it just fine

Thanks, good to know. I will know here soon enough if I dig the lightweight shaft or not so should get a better idea if I want to go the PX black route or not.

The PX black will perform very similarly to the Blue. You should read my reviews :)

F you're worried about too low of launch look at a shaft like the Radix.

Sent from my forged iPad

I've been thinking about this for a little bit - is there no chat about the Razr Fit 3W? I may be just missing it, but I am curious about it.

The PX black will perform very similarly to the Blue. You should read my reviews :)

F you're worried about too low of launch look at a shaft like the Radix.

Sent from my forged iPad

I deserved that....and I do recall from your review how they basically perform identical except for the black being lower weight. Guess I was just surprised to hear several people mention the ultra low ball flight. Is that just a bad combination of a low spin head & shaft? I usually do not have any issues at all getting the ball in the air with the driver.

I deserved that....and I do recall from your review how they basically perform identical except for the black being lower weight. Guess I was just surprised to hear several people mention the ultra low ball flight. Is that just a bad combination of a low spin head & shaft? I usually do not have any issues at all getting the ball in the air with the driver.

Well, for me the PX isn't really low spin/launch so it's hard to say. I've seen a fella absolutely bombing the j40 but he's a natural high spin golfer.

I do think that if you're a low spin golfer that you might want to pair this head with a mid/high spin shaft. The Radix is a good one too man. Just food for thought.

Sent from my forged iPad

I did not hit it with the stock shaft in it though.

Well, for me the PX isn't really low spin/launch so it's hard to say. I've seen a fella absolutely bombing the j40 but he's a natural high spin golfer.

I do think that if you're a low spin golfer that you might want to pair this head with a mid/high spin shaft. The Radix is a good one too man. Just food for thought.

Sent from my forged iPad

Thanks for the added info TC. When I hit the J38 previously, I was seeing about 2500-3000 on my backspin but that was with a completely different shaft than what is in the J40.

I did not hit it with the stock shaft in it though.

Good point, it was JB's with the Miyazaki right?

You're welcome cookie.

Sent from my forged iPad

Good point, it was JB's with the Miyazaki right?

That is correct. I just could not get the ball in Air with that combo.

I am pondering everything!! I went to golfsmith last night and I realized I wanted thousands of dollars worth of new stuff!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think I will be going back today to hit up the simulators with the new rbz drivers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in trying the Titleist 910 series. Wish I could afford to be a club ho!

I may have some for sale very shortly. My 3 wood has all but been replaced by a Ping G20, and the hybrid is next to go. I will be getting a driver fitting once the weather gets a little nicer.

As you can see in my sig, my 910s all currently have PX 5.5 shafts (basically a regular shaft, although slightly on the stiff side). I also have a 6.0 shaft for the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back