Fan Yells Out To Karrie Webb.....Save Her From Penalty

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this discussed on Morning Drive this morning. Very interesting to say the least. I am not really sure what to think.

Is this advice which is illegal?

I think it's pretty cool that he saved her from a penalty stroke. But I definitely would have been wary and made sure he was correct.

I don't have a problem with it. Fans yell the stupidest things. Finally someone yelled something useful.

I don't have a problem with it. Fans yell the stupidest things. Finally someone yelled something useful.

Get out of my head. Was about to post the same thing.

I'd much rather hear something like that than the usual "IN THE HOLE"! that some moron feels compelled to yell after every shot.

Send Chunky the Cleveland Classic in right handed

Bahahaha good try, though.

But back on topic, I'm glad the guy yelled something useful, however these pros need to remember these little details that can make or lose them a lot of money.

Bahahaha good try, though.

But back on topic, I'm glad the guy yelled something useful, however these pros need to remember these little details that can make or lose them a lot of money.

I agree dude. Lots of money wasted for something silly like that. I think I read that Tiger uses one side of his coin to just mark and the other side if he has to move his mark

If a guy can call in a penalty from his recliner then I think its great someone helped her out. I do think her caddie should be slapped though.

I think it was a great gesture in the fans part. I wonder though if he would have done the same had it not been Miss Webb. I also hope this does not start a wave of people blurting out stuff they think is helpful. This guy knew the rules and aided. Karrie should give him a cut since he saved her two shots

I'd much rather hear something like that than the usual "IN THE HOLE"! that some moron feels compelled to yell after every shot.

600 yrd par 5 tee shot..."Get in the hole!"

I agree dude. Lots of money wasted for something silly like that. I think I read that Tiger uses one side of his coin to just mark and the other side if he has to move his mark
I place my ball marker face down when I move the ball, it serves to remind me to move it back. Not sure how you can keep from moving the ball the wrong direction though.

I think the fan was very brave to interrupt a pro who has already addressed a putt and am so glad that he was right in his correction.

Gotta agree...can't stand the "GET IN THE HOLE!!!" guy....

I'd rather hear something like than rather than someone calling into the USGA to call a penalty!!

If a guy can call in a penalty from his recliner then I think its great someone helped her out. I do think her caddie should be slapped though.

Agree 100% with you on this one!

Not replacing a moved ball marker happens once in a while in girls junior golf. I've called out to more than a few girls, including my daughter. The flipped ball marker is a good trick my daughter now "tries" to remember to use. lol.

Kevin

Agreed 1000%

Why isn't her caddie's head in the game?

Actually, I am quite surprised her caddy didn't catch this. Am I the only one thinking that? But kudos to that guy for looking out like that. And I am in 110% agreement on the phoning in penalties from a couch. If fans can do that from thousands of miles away, a fan should be able to keep a player from committing a penalty from 20 feet away.

Back