Nike MachSpeed Black Driver

Which driver were you playing? SF2.0?

I was playing the Superfast 2.0 TP, and then/still playing the SL 290 and now the Machspeed black. It hasn't earned a permanent spot in my bag yet, as the SL 290 is a beast, but so far it is more accurate than the SL 290, but not quite as long off the tee.

Im pondering the SL290 for sure CB. Its a hoss

Its definatly a good 10 yards longer than the Machspeed, but I can get wild with the SL 290. So far with the Machspeed I'm hitting more fairways but I've only gamed it for a couple of rounds so far.

I was playing the Superfast 2.0 TP, and then/still playing the SL 290 and now the Machspeed black. It hasn't earned a permanent spot in my bag yet, as the SL 290 is a beast, but so far it is more accurate than the SL 290, but not quite as long off the tee.

I tested the SL290 & MS Black.....both felt good but I decided to go with the MS Black.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 10.1" using Tapatalk

I love love love this driver! hoping to find a gently used head in a 9.5*

I am pondering picking one of these drivers up, but is there any draw back to getting a used one besides the wear and tear already on it, I mean doe sit loose any pop or distance. The golf shop near me has a used one for 80 bucks and it has no dents or anything just a little wear and tear from being used. is this a good deal for this driver since it is used? or should I try to buy a new driver all together maybe from a different brand or what?

I am pondering picking one of these drivers up, but is there any draw back to getting a used one besides the wear and tear already on it, I mean doe sit loose any pop or distance. The golf shop near me has a used one for 80 bucks and it has no dents or anything just a little wear and tear from being used. is this a good deal for this driver since it is used? or should I try to buy a new driver all together maybe from a different brand or what?

I think that $80 is a reasonable deal for one. Do they have a bay where you can hit it? I've bought a number of used clubs and had no real issues.

Its takes a lot of impact to deaden today's drivers. You should be okay as long as it is in good shape.

yeah they have a simulator I can test it on, I just wanted to hear some real info, b/c sometimes you know they just want to make a sale they can tell u anything I figured I woudl get the real deal here. thanks for the info, I wil ldefintely go and hit this and see how it feels.

It look slike it is in pretty good shapoe no scrathes or dents, just a little marked up from the balls, atleast that is what it looks like

$80 isn't bad, but you can get new ones on the bay for $99 shipped.

$80 isn't bad, but you can get new ones on the bay for $99 shipped.

Looking there right now, but just my luck can only see used ones for around that price,

I'm going to be putting this driver into play tomorrow giving it one last shot. My last few rounds with the driver currently in my bag I really feel I have been losing some distance due to balloing and just to high a ball flight that I get zero roll. I'm hoping that this driver can be a decent replacement for a few months.

I still like this driver a lot and until I got my 919thi, I gamed it for the better part of the year. I still use it on occasion. The black looks awesome and for me it just flat outperformed.

Had this driver for about a week after hitting it at a demo day and killing it. Well, the demo had a Project X shaft on it and the stock shaft in stiff was too whippy and I was hitting it too high for my taste and losing distance. Traded it in for a VR Pro 9.5 and am glad I made the switch.

Looking there right now, but just my luck can only see used ones for around that price,

Kevv, how have you liked this driver so far?

I sold my Machspeed Black yesterday, I just never liked this driver at all. I could hit some decent shots with it, but it just never felt right in my hands and the sound bugged me. Looks awesome though.

Kevv, how have you liked this driver so far?

I love it...I have the square one, and ever since I go t*t I made the adjusments, nad to be honest im getting 20 more yards on my drives. I have no complaints about this driver at all, even with the stock shaft that has the powerbow it works great for me, I was leary about the shaft but until it starts messing up on me ill leave it the way it is and continue to BOMB tee shots...LOL

I love it...I have the square one, and ever since I go t*t I made the adjusments, nad to be honest im getting 20 more yards on my drives. I have no complaints about this driver at all, even with the stock shaft that has the powerbow it works great for me, I was leary about the shaft but until it starts messing up on me ill leave it the way it is and continue to BOMB tee shots...LOL

Great to hear, maybe I missed it while reading back, what was your old driver? These are super discounted and may want to pick one up.

Great to hear, maybe I missed it while reading back, what was your old driver? These are super discounted and may want to pick one up.

My old driver was a callaway FT IQ FIT also sqaure, it is still in great shape hd some issues pulling it left like I was hitting it down third base line, but with the Nike it just goes straight, but it also is easier for me to draw and fade when I actually need to.

Glad that it's working for you Kevv. What adjustments did you make out of curiosity? I have the square one as well. Currently riding the bench as my backup. Never had to touch a thing on it yet. Just got the Cleveland and haven't had a need to go back yet. I was actually thinking about putting a Matrix Radix 6 in it. Just because.

I recently re-found the love with my Machspeed Black. Because it comes stock 1° open I felt like I was pushing everything out right. Now I closed it to neutral and have been bombing the thing. I've been thinking about picking up a round version in 10.5° with the stiff Fubuki as my swing has changed and feel like the Regular flex might be lagging a bit, but for now it ain't broke so I'm leaving it! Plus for the price it would be cool to have head/shaft options to tinker with.

I recently re-found the love with my Machspeed Black. Because it comes stock 1° open I felt like I was pushing everything out right. Now I closed it to neutral and have been bombing the thing. I've been thinking about picking up a round version in 10.5° with the stiff Fubuki as my swing has changed and feel like the Regular flex might be lagging a bit, but for now it ain't broke so I'm leaving it! Plus for the price it would be cool to have head/shaft options to tinker with.

Prices are ridiculous. Has anyone hit both that can give a difference between the square and round version?

I hit the round head version at a demo day with the Project X 6.0 stiff shaft and absolutely bombed it.

That is not the stock shaft, however, and when I did try it out again with the stock shaft it did not perform nearly as well for me.

Back