The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of his TC's posts have been better than others, lately. This could explain a lot.

Has he been THPing while you are at work>?

Foster's been putting up a fight for bed time. And his little sister is teething. Awesome nights for me.

Ouch. Tell him you're going to let her chew on his fingers if he doesn't go to sleep.

Anyone know how the bank handles coin deposits? I have $176 in rolled coins that I want to bring to the bank tomorrow. How do they do it?

Anyone know how the bank handles coin deposits? I have $176 in rolled coins that I want to bring to the bank tomorrow. How do they do it?

Mine does it just like regular cash. I hand it to them, they print me off a receipt. That's about it.

Just take it to them and tell them you would like to exchange it for cash. Or go to a coinstar machine, but if you do that they take a percentage.

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll just go to Golfsmith and pay in coins. :D

On another money note, the things I paid for using "direct bank transfer" on Paypal Saturday still haven't shown up in my bank account online yet. Kind of odd. Maybe it's like when you transfer money from your PP account to bank account though, takes 3-4 days. Idk why it bothers me, I'm just paranoid or OCD or something.

Do it, it may annoy them, but it's legal tender.

Haha I know. I'm just going to bank it for now. When the tax return hits I'll have some real ponder time.

Occasionally I come across things related to where I work and I like to share them. This is one of those things, its a photo blog of sorts about a canoe/kayaking trip we have here in the preserve.

http://nickbotner.com/2009/12/turner-river/

--
tapatalk

Occasionally I come across things related to where I work and I like to share them. This is one of those things, its a photo blog of sorts about a canoe/kayaking trip we have here in the preserve.

http://nickbotner.com/2009/12/turner-river/

--
tapatalk
Those are some amazing pictures, SW. Would love to go on that canoe trip, the Mangroves look amazing.

That was an awesome read. SPIDERS! Lol. I can't imagine that many.

Just take it to them and tell them you would like to exchange it for cash. Or go to a coinstar machine, but if you do that they take a percentage.
They don't take a percentage if you bank there. Jacqui and I just cashed in $800 bucks in coins a few months ago at our credit union.

They don't take a percentage if you bank there. Jacqui and I just cashed in $800 bucks in coins a few months ago at our credit union.
I was saying the CoinStar machines will take a percentage. The ones you see at grocery stores and what not.

Those are some amazing pictures, SW. Would love to go on that canoe trip, the Mangroves look amazing.

Come on down, guided trips 3 days a week, we can go fling divots after.

About the coinstar thing, I didn't know they started doing certificates for some places like Starbucks or Publix and there is no charge when you choose that option. Groceries for change and you don't have to mess with counting/rolling.

--
tapatalk

I was saying the CoinStar machines will take a percentage. The ones you see at grocery stores and what not.
Ahhh. Just mentioned it because banks will take a cut too if you don't bank there.

Come on down, guided trips 3 days a week, we can go fling divots after.

About the coinstar thing, I didn't know they started doing certificates for some places like Starbucks or Publix and there is no charge when you choose that option. Groceries for change and you don't have to mess with counting/rolling.

--
tapatalk
Yeah dude, Publix has their own machines that wont take a cut of what you put in if you get the Publix giftcards with it. Fact: You can buy visa gift cards @ Publix with those Publix gift cards. There's always a loophole.

Ahhh. Just mentioned it because banks will take a cut too if you don't bank there.
Gotcha, didnt realize that. But dont think I have ever taken coins to a bank I didnt bank with.

Yeah dude, Publix has their own machines that wont take a cut of what you put in if you get the Publix giftcards with it. Fact: You can buy visa gift cards @ Publix with those Publix gift cards. There's always a loophole.

Gotcha, didnt realize that. But dont think I have ever taken coins to a bank I didnt bank with.

Gotta do the math though, I believe many of those gift cards (Visa) cost anywhere from $2.95 to $5.95 to activate.

Gotta do the math though, I believe many of those gift cards (Visa) cost anywhere from $2.95 to $5.95 to activate.
Good point.

The banks hate the sack of change, hate it. They now refuse to count it. Service is going to hell.

The banks hate the sack of change, hate it. They now refuse to count it. Service is going to hell.

I'll be doing it at my bank, Chase, so no charge. And I didn't think banks were allowed to deny money. It is legal tender. I know stores can't deny coins.

I've had banks tell me they wouldn't take change unless it's rolled. They did not have a change counter and would not do it by hand.

I'll be doing it at my bank, Chase, so no charge. And I didn't think banks were allowed to deny money. It is legal tender. I know stores can't deny coins.

I've had banks tell me they wouldn't take change unless it's rolled. They did not have a change counter and would not do it by hand.

Huh. Well I have all but a few dollars rolled. So I think I'll be good.

This is true, BoA is a good example. I despise that bank but they're everywhere. My credit union has their own coin machines, with no charge.

--
tapatalk

That's interesting. They can deny you in Canada unless it's rolled in standardized containers, then they can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back