2012 Callaway Forged Wedges

Saw these out today at Golf Galaxy. Really nice!! Copper looked sick and really popped. They set up similar to my Nike wedges now. Same shape of the head and the grooves are similar as well. Really like these.

The copper really did look nice, and the weight of these was awesome. I think the Callaway Staffers that ordered these are going to be really happy.

Oh yeah I forgot to add, these are heavy. Like really heavy. I liked that

I like heavy. Heavier wedges tend to mean that they will perform better in the sand for me. Man I can't wait to hit these!

Just go hit em already!

+1 on the copper - look very cool - still wish I had a back up BeCu iron set from the old days.

I already ordered the Copper for the MC, no need to hit them, they were too beautiful to pass up. Can't wait to see them in person!

I already ordered the Copper for the MC, no need to hit them, they were too beautiful to pass up. Can't wait to see them in person!

IN these are out in stores so if you have a Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy anywhere near you they will have them out

Thats my problem, no good golf store within two hours of me. My local golf store has the worst service and selection ever. I don't know how they stay in business.

If they're anything like the old Callaway Forged wedges, these things should grip like a F1 tire. I love mine. Sure these are even better than the old, looking forward to hearing some thoughts from MC'ers.

I paid special attention to the leading edge of these at address. The Jaws have a rounded edge which I hate. These have a nice straight leading edge. I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this wedge

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I paid special attention to the leading edge of these at address. The Jaws have a rounded edge which I hate. These have a nice straight leading edge. I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this wedge

I disliked the leading edge of the jaws wedges. I can't wait to see these this weekend

These are really stunning. The copper just really stands out. Nicest looking Cally wedge that I have ever seen to be honest

This is why I would have picked these over the Jaws without even seeing them.

This is why I would have picked these over the Jaws without even seeing them.

Yeah it would have been a no brainier for me too

Thats good info Chubby, I love heavy headed wedges, and I am going to have to make a special trip tomorrow to golf town so I can hit these.

Alright ladies, I went to Golftown today and saw these beauties and just had to hit them while I wait for mine to arrive. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the head felt and I love that in a wedge. I think Chunky talked about that earlier, but they really are head heavy and when I hit them in the sim, I found that it was incredibly easy to know where the head of the club was during the swing, but I thought it was more of a benefit when I hit a few chips and pitches. I love the look of them, and the sole of the wedges is just how I like them, flat, so I have to say this got me even more excited to get my new forged Callaway wedges.

Based on the yardages I was seeing in the sim, I picked the right loft combinations for my game and I loved the look of the Nickel in person however the copper in person is stunning! They are a different colour of copper than I have seen before and they are really cool looking.

Alright ladies, I went to Golftown today and saw these beauties and just had to hit them while I wait for mine to arrive. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the head felt and I love that in a wedge. I think Chunky talked about that earlier, but they really are head heavy and when I hit them in the sim, I found that it was incredibly easy to know where the head of the club was during the swing, but I thought it was more of a benefit when I hit a few chips and pitches. I love the look of them, and the sole of the wedges is just how I like them, flat, so I have to say this got me even more excited to get my new forged Callaway wedges.

Based on the yardages I was seeing in the sim, I picked the right loft combinations for my game and I loved the look of the Nickel in person however the copper in person is stunning! They are a different colour of copper than I have seen before and they are really cool looking.

Completely agree with you about a heavy head. I like to take 1/2 and 3/4 swings with my wedges and a heavy head lets me know where I am at in my backswing. That copper is incredible!!

Got out to see these today on my lunch break. 1st off the copper looks gorgeous on these. As much as I liked the look of the slate on the older models, the copper was much better IMO. Like Chunky and Breezy said earlier, these are heavy. The feel heavier than last years model. The straight leading edge is a better look to me, so of course I liked the look at setup. I'm real interested to see what people think when they get them out in play.

These clubs look unbelievable. I like the look of the copper but will it rust? I'm not a huge fan of the rusty look.

These clubs look unbelievable. I like the look of the copper but will it rust? I'm not a huge fan of the rusty look.

The copper will rust

I just hit these in the sim at Golf Galaxy....man they are smooth...I like that they are a little heavier...just felt good!

I wish I didn't disliike rust so much because the copper ones are HAWT! I liked the Nickel too...but the copper just popped!

The copper is so stunning. In a room full of wedges, it was the wedge my eye locked onto. Very nice looking

Back