New Odyssey Protype Line of Premium Milled Putters

I wasn't really sold on the looks until I realized you could customize the paintfill. Im digging this series more and more.

So this line must be replacing the Tour Black line? I don't see anything about the Tour Black on their website anymore.

Wish the paintfill was completely custom but I see why it's not. I love blue but no chance in heck I go with Tarheel blue.

Wish the paintfill was completely custom but I see why it's not. I love blue but no chance in heck I go with Tarheel blue.
I think you should go with more of a Gamecock red.

Very nice options from Callaway, the custom route is catching on like wildfire! When these arrive at THP could we get some audio/video feedback similar to the Anser video? That was a very helpful video.

These hit retail on the 17th right? I need to go find somewhere to roll these things, they just look gorgeous, and I know Dicks doesn't carry high end stuff (at least atound here) so I am going to have to make a trip to Chicago or Indy to find some of these to roll. Kinda sucks I gotta drive two hours to find a decent golf store. Maybe I should open up my own!

Beautiful. Looking. Putters.

These hit retail on the 17th right? I need to go find somewhere to roll these things, they just look gorgeous, and I know Dicks doesn't carry high end stuff (at least atound here) so I am going to have to make a trip to Chicago or Indy to find some of these to roll. Kinda sucks I gotta drive two hours to find a decent golf store. Maybe I should open up my own!

Wow... I did a quick Google search and there's no GG, EW, or GS between Indy and Indiana. Do any of the courses by you have a huge pro shop?

I just saw some of these in GG and they are sick looking. Rolled all of them lol, the 2, 9 and 2-ball. They feel amazing. Super soft and look just as good.

I'd like to see this in their traditional #5 model. I like the #7, but would really like one in their #5 model.

Wow... I did a quick Google search and there's no GG, EW, or GS between Indy and Indiana. Do any of the courses by you have a huge pro shop?

I'm pretty sure there's a golfsmith and golf galaxy on the north side of indy near castleton. I think its 465 & Allisonville if i remember correctly.

I didnt like any of the three they had but they still were awesome putters, I just wouldnt pick those styles. I rolled the 2ball the best but dont care for the look much.

I just saw some of these in GG and they are sick looking. Rolled all of them lol, the 2, 9 and 2-ball. They feel amazing. Super soft and look just as good.

I don't know why but the 2ball is intriguing me. I might be checking that one out

I don't know why but the 2ball is intriguing me. I might be checking that one out

It rolls very nice. And you cant argue with something that is tried and true. Im just over the whole 2ball thing but if it came down to picking one of the three today Id roll with the 2ball. They sure do look nice in that finish. Its very i20 irons looking.

I got to roll one of these today. It was right handed and the #9 version. Pretty damn sweet but besides color, I don't know how these differ from the Tour Black line.

Sent from my forged iPad

I got to roll one of these today. It was right handed and the #9 version. Pretty damn sweet but besides color, I don't know how these differ from the Tour Black line.

Sent from my forged iPad

They have the exact same soft feel to them dont they?

They have the exact same soft feel to them dont they?

If I were blind folded I don't think I could tell the difference dude.

Sent from my forged iPad

If I were blind folded I don't think I could tell the difference dude.

Sent from my forged iPad

I dont either. As badass as the Tour Blacks look I think these look just as good.

I dont either. As badass as the Tour Blacks look I think these look just as good.

Agreed. Sometimes a man just doesn't want a black putter. It looks sweet though.

Sent from my forged iPad

Agreed. Sometimes a man just doesn't want a black putter. It looks sweet though.

Sent from my forged iPad

I agree with this, I would prefer the chrome look. but I do love my black

I hit the 2-ball and the #9 yesterday. The putter looks fantastic. I thought that the grip looked a little cheap. They felt really soft. Almost too soft for my liking. Almost muted. But the heads sure did look fantastic.

Also got to try this line out today, rolled several different models. I know some have said they couldn't tell much difference between this line and the tour black but to me the difference was pretty clear. The black has a softer feel where the proto line felt a little more firm especially on longer putts.

I do like the milling they went with on the face, agressive without be very course. The silver finish is perfect to me, very clean and classic looking. The grip however feels terrible, hard in the palm and I didn't get a feel like I could grip it lightly as with other grips.

Rolled these today too and I liked them again. I still rolled the 2-ball the best of the three they had on hand.

Back