Tiger Woods and Foley

They did a shot of Tiger's hands at impact last weekend and it's crazy. His hands look like they're a foot in front of the ball. Looks similar to this
View attachment 3815

That much shaft lean, eesh no wonder he has trouble with distance control sometimes.

That much shaft lean, eesh no wonder he has trouble with distance control sometimes.

Faldo jumped all over that as well when he blasted a pitching wedge 30 yards over the green on Thursday (I think).

--
tapatalk

Faldo jumped all over that as well when he blasted a pitching wedge 30 yards over the green on Thursday (I think).

--
tapatalk

Tiger had that problem back in late 97 and 98 when he made his first swing change. It took him a while but when he got it figured out, he got pretty good if I recall.

Tiger had that problem back in late 97 and 98 when he made his first swing change. It took him a while but when he got it figured out, he got pretty good if I recall.

Yeah, he did ok :D

--
tapatalk

knee injuries happend under haney about the time he was ripped. look its no shock if he was taking drugs. drugs in sport i would say at top level are 85% are taking something. golf is differant but tiger if you look was on something.

I thought it was only 84.5%. Thanks for setting me straight!

I think that Tiger is gone for good. He has lost the mental edge he had over everyone else. I just don't see anyone wilting anymore just because he is in contention. I hope he gets back to winning consistently though.

I just don't understand how you can write off someone who is arguably the best player ever. You don't think he's going to win another major? Another tournament? It's only January and he's already been in the mix a few times.

Take a look at Tiger's head position when he putts. Twice last Sunday, the cameras had a perfect side-shot of his head and stance. Both times it appeared as if his eyes were outside the ball. Any time a player has eyes inside or outside the ball, the stroke is affected.

One more thing. I worked extensively with a sports psych over the years and one thing he talked about is relative to Tiger right now. There is a theory out there that at the highest levels of sport, where it is your work/craft/job, your personal life has an effect on your ability on the court/field/course, just like it does in our lives. Stressfull at home? How does it affect your work/job performance? Yep, same thing happens with professional athletes. Guess what happened to Tiger's game once everything went south two years ago? So, think deeper. A coach can affect the swing only so much. But the mind controls all those fine motor movements as well, and also has to deal with your inner being/stress etc, just like in our lives. Anyway, for what it's worth.

I just don't understand how you can write off someone who is arguably the best player ever. You don't think he's going to win another major? Another tournament? It's only January and he's already been in the mix a few times.

That is not what I said. What I said was Tiger no longer will be the dominant force he once was. I still think he has a few majors in him. I think he will win quite a few more tournaments. I don't think he will win anymore simply because his name is on the leaderboard

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Agreed. He's playing against the best in the world and hanging in there. I think he loves his new swing and once he gets the putting going again he'll be winning instead of getting top 10's. That's how he always won before, he just made every putt it seemed like. Tiger to win at Augusta.

Take a look at Tiger's head position when he putts. Twice last Sunday, the cameras had a perfect side-shot of his head and stance. Both times it appeared as if his eyes were outside the ball. Any time a player has eyes inside or outside the ball, the stroke is affected.

This is not always considered a bad thing. Depending on what instructor you follow.

Agreed. He's playing against the best in the world and hanging in there. I think he loves his new swing and once he gets the putting going again he'll be winning instead of getting top 10's. That's how he always won before, he just made every putt it seemed like. Tiger to win at Augusta.

Not if Phil's in the form he is now. He'll decimate Tigger again. Augusta belongs to lefty now.

Sent from my forged iPad

Phil is too streaky. Tiger wins this year

Not if Phil's in the form he is now. He'll decimate Tigger again. Augusta belongs to lefty now.

Sent from my forged iPad

So true. If Phil is getting off the tee like he is now in April, I say watch out Masters record! I think Phil can dominate that course like no other when he isn't playing from the pine straw (and even sometimes when he is).

You Tiger lovers crack me up. Phil just laid waste to Tiger and is clearly in better form.

Yet Tiger is the favorite in Augusta. Please!!

Sent from my forged iPad

That is not what I said. What I said was Tiger no longer will be the dominant force he once was. I still think he has a few majors in him. I think he will win quite a few more tournaments. I don't think he will win anymore simply because his name is on the leaderboard

I wasn't sure what, 'gone for good' implied.

You Tiger lovers crack me up. Phil just laid waste to Tiger and is clearly in better form.

Sent from my forged iPad

Didn't Phil miss the cut at Torrey, and a non-factor at the Pheonix? Tiger has been in contention on Sunday both tournaments he has played this year.

Sent from my forged iPad

I'm no Tiger lover but really Tiger's been much more consistent since December. Phil has had one good week. Having said that I do pull for Phil.

That iPad grain flow forged?

And who has a win? Top 10's mean very little to me

Sent from my forged iPad

Sent from my forged iPad

Luke Donald is going to HUNT you down!

Phil has the win but it's a stretch to say he's clearly in better form.

Sent from my forged iPad

Westtooth just shed a tear.

Sent from my forged iPad

Lee Westwood homer ftw. Haha. I agree with you though. Phil will dominate.

I'd love to see a Phil/Tiger battle at Augusta. I'll root for both of em. Phil might be on to something this year, we shall see.

Back