your favorite low cost golfball

DANNY.P

Lose Weight
Reaction score
Handicap
TO HIGH
What is your favorite low cost ball? For me the soft noodle line .86 per ball.

Wilson Staff 50 - about the same price you posted

I tried that ball this weekend. Not for me haha. But my brother absolutely killed this ball! He hit some bombs and was just throwing darts with his irons. I'd recommend this ball in a heartbeat.

My favorite lost cost ball is still the Nike PD Softs.

I use Tommy Armour Silver Scot balls in the cold season. Lower compression balls. I got a bunch of them at $15 for two dozen.

Bridgestone FIxx. I don't think a ton of people have tried this ball but man, it performs quite similarly to the 330-RX (2011 version) for me. Retail is $19.99/dozen but have seen them on sale for $10/dozen.

My favorite lost cost ball is still the Nike PD Softs.

+1 Tried half a dozen alternatives - always go back to these...

The 50 is a good cold weather ball. Another underrated inexpensive ball is the TopFlite Gamer V2. It'll surprize you.

PD Softs are nice too. My only complaint about the Wilson ball is that it isn't very durable.

Bridgestone FIxx. I don't think a ton of people have tried this ball but man, it performs quite similarly to the 330-RX (2011 version) for me. Retail is $19.99/dozen but have seen them on sale for $10/dozen.

Yes, I have seen these on sale for $9.99/dozen. However, as far as a great low cost ball, you can find the Bridgestone e6 online, recycled for $13.99/dozen. I ordered some of these from www.lostgolfballs.com, AAAA quality and the are practically brand new...can't beat that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PD Softs are nice too. My only complaint about the Wilson ball is that it isn't very durable.

yeah he scuffed his up a bit. But it was orange and man did he flight the ball well. I was a bit jealous to be honest.

Ditto on the Bridgestone Fix ball. Very good golf ball and its cheaper cousin the Precept Laddie is a good economical ball. It's made by Bridgestone and you can pick up a two dozen pack for $19.99 at Wal-Mart.

They just react so beautifully around the greens. I love chipping with them!

I used to game these, loved the PD Softs. May need to go grab some and put them in play this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just read a review of these. Wow! I think they're worth a try.

I only play premium balls because they make me better :D
I think I'd have to go with MG tour, good spin and distance.

Srixon AD333 can be had pretty cheap now, good ball.

P.S. I gotta try the :bridgestone: Fixx.....

On off days or times in the winter when I haven't played in a month I'll use Callaway Warbird Plus or Titleist DT SoLo, TM Burner, Srixon AD333, anything of that sort works for me.

So far for me it is the Noodle+ Long & Soft. Might change this year as I discovered the Noodles at the end of last year and didn't get to give them a thorough test.

I'll second someone's recommendation for the TopFlite Gamer v2. Great ball for $20 per dozen. Another unknown ball is the MacGreggor VIP. It's only sold at Golfsmith and is made by Srixon, but labeled under the MacGreggor brand. I've seen it sold for $14 - $19 per dozen. Definitely worth a try!!

Without thinking... Srixon AD333. My coach and I both agree that this ball is like a Tour ball "dressed in drag" (not that there's anything's wrong with that).

Alex

Great list so far, a few I have not tried....

I always liked the Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft for when I didn't feel like throwing down an arm and a leg.

The best thing about the Noodles is that TM bought out Maxfli so I am still playing a TM ball.

For me it has to be the Gamer v2 ($20/12). If I'm going cheaper than that then it's the Noodle Easy Distance ($15/12 - not sure if they still make this, but this ball is amazing. It's geared toward slower swing speeds but I think it works for anyone); Nike PD Soft ($15/12); Precept Laddie X ($20/24).

Back