Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Wow dude. That is absolutely ridiculous! I can't stand turds that purposely hit into others.

I was mad when he hit into me. You should have seen my face and heard my words when he threw my ball into the woods. In my mind that is ten times more classless than hitting at someone. And it was a test ball. But, the ball had seen 20 holes at that point and was close to being done anyway. Still an extremely classless act.

Today, I was waiting for my partner to show up, so I asked if I could play 10 and 18 while I waited and the pro said that was fine. I asked the threesome on 10 if I could squeeze in front of them and said I'd be out of their way after the hole and they were cool with it. So I played the hole as I usually would to a bogey. Then I went over to 18 and asked the single who was coming up 17 if I could squeeze in front of him, I said I'd be gone by the time he got there, so he said "Oh yeah! Go ahead take your time kiddo!" and so I went ahead. As I'm walking to my ball, I see him rushing through the green and to the tee and he hits his ball as I'm hitting my second. I hit mine 190 with a 5-iron off the tee, he comes at me with a driver and it land 5 yards left of me. After blading my shot I turned around and opened my arms and yelled "Dude, you said I could go, why you hitting at me?" He doesn't say a word there and then proceeds to rush to his ball. I'm at my ball for my third shot as he gets to his, and I waited to see what he would do. It seemed as though he was aiming at me. I hit my ball into the green as he was walking to his, then stayed by his ball to talk to him. I asked what was up, he said I cut him off and was being very rude. At this point I thought the guy had serious memory loss. I told him he said I could go ahead, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. From there I just let him go and told him my ball was on the green, please leave it. So I let him hit and walked about 20 yards behind him to the green. He chips up and finished the hole at par, then picks my BRIDGESTONE TEST BALL up and throws it into the woods. If I had no self control I would have grabbed a ball and thrown it at him as hard as I could. From there I went inside and complained, asked if they could go out and talk to the guy. He drove out of the parking lot incredibly fast. They said if they ever saw him again they'd talk to him. That was probably the most annoying and rude treatment from a golfer I've ever gotten, regardless of whatever condition the guy might have.

OH MAN I WOULD HAVE GONE HAM ALL OVER THIS DUDE GAME ON.. YOU WANT TO GET NUTS LETS GET NUTS... LOL:bicker:

I was mad when he hit into me. You should have seen my face and heard my words when he threw my ball into the woods. In my mind that is ten times more classless than hitting at someone. And it was a test ball. But, the ball had seen 20 holes at that point and was close to being done anyway. Still an extremely classless act.

I agree dude. Good on you for keeping a cool head. Not sure I could've done that. Makes you wonder what makes stupid people like that tick.

Brainless slow play is an easy one. If you get too far out of position, just go BIP and move on. No sense trying to salvage a 10. Keep pace with the group ahead. What I really hate are public courses that are not run properly. The course near my house is public and they line up the carts on the first tee. As soon as the fairway clears, they send the next group off. So on every hole, you have 3 groups of 4 on it. The only possible outcome with this moronic management practice is a 6 hour round. Properly start the groups with proper intervals and marshall them to keep them at pace. I also hate when somebody is pushing me from behind. Even if the course is stacked ahead of me, I will let them through because I hate the attitude. Besides, you can start hitting into them and see how they like that.

One of my favorites is when you let a faster group through and they decide it is time to drop another ball and take an extra shot. Don't do that. Happened to me today. For that matter, if there is a group behind you, do not drop another ball unless the rules dictate that you do so. No mulligans. If you do take a mulligan, do not spend the next 15 minutes looking for the first ball. Just leave it as an offering to the greenskeeper and move on.

Swing tips from strangers are always good. People who do not repair their ball marks on greens are tops in my books too.

by the way, I am one of those parking lot pros. I dress nice, have good gear and a nice bag. I am very careful not to talk a good game or carry myself like I am special. I just accept the fact that I suck and realize that everybody on the course will know it soon enough.

In all seriousness, bunkers really annoy me. Hearing the guys on TV talk about the pros hitting into them because theyre so good out of them annoys me too. wtc. And hitting from one FW bunker into another? Priceless.

Playing partners who want to tell you their score on each hole and it's always off by 2 or more strokes.

It seems that most things here have been covered, but I absolutely can't STAND when the people cutting pins don't know what they're doing. Our local course hired a few new groundskeepers this summer, and every time they pulled a pin, they left a lip on the outside edge of the hole. So when I had lag putts that should normally go in, they would get to the hole and turn out because of the lip.

The ol' "Volcano cup"!! Use it to your advantage....if you learn how to play it then you can count on winning a few skins when you take out-of-town visitors to the course. :clapp:

In all seriousness, bunkers really annoy me. Hearing the guys on TV talk about the pros hitting into them because theyre so good out of them annoys me too. wtc. And hitting from one FW bunker into another? Priceless.

I HATE fairway bunkers. Hate them with a passion. Greenside bunkers don't bother me, though...

I HATE fairway bunkers. Hate them with a passion. Greenside bunkers don't bother me, though...

Me too. I heard them talking about how a fairway bunker can be a good gauge of where your swing is because you have to hit ball first for a good shot out of a FW bunker. I still hate them.

I could list about 17 courses within 20 miles of me you should NEVER step foot anywhere near.

The trick is hitting to that other FW bunker... then hitting the lip so it goes behind you. Should give you some more room to clear the bunker.

I could list about 17 courses within 20 miles of me you should NEVER step foot anywhere near.

Hahaha. I only hate them because I can't seem to ever hit out of them well. I either blade it into the lip and leave it in the bunker, or fat the shot 20 yards and leave myself with a long shot ahead. Ugh.

The only thing my hybrid is good for is hitting out of fairway bunkers. And its damn good for that!

The trick is hitting to that other FW bunker... then hitting the lip so it goes behind you. Should give you some more room to clear the bunker.

LOL to this day I dont think I'll ever see or do that again. Greatest shot Ive ever done that didnt mean to do that I hated but it was funny as panties.

The only thing my hybrid is good for is hitting out of fairway bunkers. And its damn good for that!

Funny thing is that even though I love my hybrid, I always hit it fat out of FW bunkers. Maybe I need a mashie...

Brainless slow play is an easy one. If you get too far out of position, just go BIP and move on. No sense trying to salvage a 10. Keep pace with the group ahead. What I really hate are public courses that are not run properly. The course near my house is public and they line up the carts on the first tee. As soon as the fairway clears, they send the next group off. So on every hole, you have 3 groups of 4 on it. The only possible outcome with this moronic management practice is a 6 hour round. Properly start the groups with proper intervals and marshall them to keep them at pace. I also hate when somebody is pushing me from behind. Even if the course is stacked ahead of me, I will let them through because I hate the attitude. Besides, you can start hitting into them and see how they like that.
Once again, hitting into someone is not right, for ANY reason. It sucks that you do this.

THIS irritates the $&% out of me.
WarnerRobins-20120218-00006.jpg

wtc a 6-some? No bueno

I count 6 as well. I'll be honest here...

I'm cool when I see a sixsome in the slow times or even in the winter and such but if they hold others up then I have a problem with it. Ouch.

Godless hell holes.

But back on topic, grumpy people. It's golf you angry effers, enjoy it.

--
tapatalk

Oh jeez... I hate that! Wait, is it the all dead grass or the 6-some?
HEHE the grass does kind of suck but the six really got me spun up. They split up into threes and hurried up on the next hole so they wouldn't have to let me and my bud through. :angry:

Back