The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I perused Mr TC's website a bit today and I think I have a pretty good deal at my hands. Research is showing me that I'm in pretty good shape comparitively.

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
35k miles
Still has 26 months of powertrain warranty
1 owner
Traded in to a high end dealership
Basically perfect condition inside and out. A couple little scratches.
Drove it and liked it.

15,500 asking price. I am going the internet route and just asked for their lowest price. I'm not a haggler.

Thoughts?

Gullible means "easily tricked" or "will believe anything".

Your welcome. :D
Thanks dude, appreciate it. Hah!
This. One of the nicest folk I've met, once you get past the unc part he's kinda great.

--
tapatalk
It's THP, I fully expect that. I mean, Where else can a Bama and Auburn fan be civil to each other?

This. One of the nicest folk I've met, once you get past the unc part he's kinda great.

--
tapatalk

TC is so nice when we first met he didn't have a smart phone. And FLTC was who coined OEM Kevin. I reckon he's good people.

Does the powertrain warranty have a mileage clause or is it straight up 26 months remainder?

--
tapatalk

There is a lot of "reckon'ing" going on in this place lately.

Does the powertrain warranty have a mileage clause or is it straight up 26 months remainder?

--
tapatalk

Or 60k miles. I suspect both will come around the same time. Research so far shows that this price is a bit lower than normal already. They aren't really a used lot or a Hyundai dealership.

That TC is alright. For a Gomer.

Kevin

I perused Mr TC's website a bit today and I think I have a pretty good deal at my hands. Research is showing me that I'm in pretty good shape comparitively.

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
35k miles
Still has 26 months of powertrain warranty
1 owner
Traded in to a high end dealership
Basically perfect condition inside and out. A couple little scratches.
Drove it and liked it.

15,500 asking price. I am going the internet route and just asked for their lowest price. I'm not a haggler.

Thoughts?

What package? 4X4?

If we're going to banter about how awesome I am, can we do it in my thread? LOL

Kmac, remember FUFLTC! Boom! That's who cookie gets.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal then. I haven't looked at the Hyundai line other than a genesis but I like how their cars are put together.

How's the frame look, if road salt is an issue up your way?

--
tapatalk

No, it's 2WD. It's the mid-level version. Not stock, but not leather, etc. I don't really care about the 4WD as much as I want the extra space.

If we're going to banter about how awesome I am, can we do it in my thread? LOL

Kmac, remember FUFLTC! Boom! That's who cookie gets.

Yes, I just bumped it before I even read this.

Kevin

Doesn't sound like a bad deal then. I haven't looked at the Hyundai line other than a genesis but I like how their cars are put together.

How's the frame look, if road salt is an issue up your way?

--
tapatalk

It's as clean as they come from what I've seen. I've had 2 Hyundais and both were great for reliability and the rust. Both were tested in the rotten state of Michigan, which is the road salt capitol of the world.

It's as clean as they come from what I've seen. I've had 2 Hyundais and both were great for reliability and the rust. Both were tested in the rotten state of Michigan, which is the shat capitol of the world.

FIFY and go for it man. You've done some massive homework already.

--
tapatalk

No, it's 2WD. It's the mid-level version. Not stock, but not leather, etc. I don't really care about the 4WD as much as I want the extra space.

So it's probably the GLS then. Dude, even at $15,500, that's a freaking steal. I reckon you should offer them $14,500 and see what they say. Are you securing your own financing or going through the dealership? I only ask b/c a lot of times, they can secure a better rate. I also am a big fan of the Santa Fe. A lot of bang for the buck. I just tapped into a few of my customers accounts and none of them around here are as cheap as the one you're looking at.

I went and drove a Camry that was the same price, but it was just a little blah I guess.

Oh, and Hawk, thanks for conducting your research here:

Speaking of finance, capital one is running 3.9% on used. Not to shabby.

--
tapatalk

I went and drove a Camry that was the same price, but it was just a little blah I guess.

You have a family and are considering adding another. Get the SUV dude. A Camry is for grannies.

So it's probably the GLS then. Dude, even at $15,500, that's a freaking steal. I reckon you should offer them $14,500 and see what they say. Are you securing your own financing or going through the dealership? I only ask b/c a lot of times, they can secure a better rate. I also am a big fan of the Santa Fe. A lot of bang for the buck. I just tapped into a few of my customers accounts and none of them around here are as cheap as the one you're looking at.

Sweet. I think they just want it off the lot dude. It's a Volvo/Caddy/Subaru joint and they don't need some low-rent stuff stinking up the joint haha. I was able to get 3.1 at my credit union, so I'll see if they can beat that. Hoping to get a grand out of the Jeep or maybe more.

Thanks buddy. I was hoping you'd say that.

I'm going to check in here before I buy my next car.

Kevin

Oh, and Hawk, thanks for conducting your research here:

hahaha. Seriously though, it's a really good site. Gave me some good info to work with. Easy to use as well.

Planning for another, please take my advice. Do the SUV, it's a must. My wife has a Honda Pilot with the 3rd row, we use every inch of that SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back