Forum Testing Signup - Ping i20 Irons

Awesome opportunity from Ping and THP. Thanks for this opportunity. Loving a lot of what I'm seeing from Ping this year and the i20 irons and driver are a big part of that.

1. My GHIN puts me at 9.7.

2. Currently bagging the Titleist 712 CB irons w/ C-Taper S+ flex shafts.

3. Was fit for irons and current shafts 1 month ago. 1* upright with 3 wraps under left hand and four under right. + 1/2 inch in shaft length not because I was fit for it, as I was fit for standard length. But because it feels natural to choke up on my clubs a little bit.

4. When purchasing irons I first look for a set that gives me just a bit of forgiveness but still let's me know how I missed a shot if I do. I want a bit of a lower ball flight and consistent distances. After that they need to be aesthetically pleasing to me. This doesn't mean a butter knife thin top line. It's more of an overall look and type of finish on the iron thing for me.

5. I live in Hawaii so there is never any down time in my golfing season. I play at least three times a week every week and hit the range every other day religiously. In short, yes, I can put these puppies to the test the day they land on my front porch.

Thanks again to THP. Also a big thanks to Ping for having such great faith in the members here on this forum!

P.S. Will definately be going by Kaneohe Klipper (local military golf course with a complete Ping fitting cart) to get fit through Pings fitting system TODAY just in case I get the nod here!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
This is an awesome opportunity, Ping makes some awesome stuff and the i20 line is on point!

1. What is your handicap?
--My handicap by OOB is 17.4

2. What irons do you currently play?
--Callaway X18, S300 shafts 1.5'' long 1*up

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago?
--I went trough a Ping i20 fitting earlier this month at Edwin Watts. I was fit for I20's and G20's and have the Ping fitting sheet with my specs and shaft options.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons?
--I like irons that offer a little forgiveness and a lot of feed back, I like to feel what I'm doing. I really like what has been done with sets like i20 and RBZ (progressive set). These days fortunately there are a lot of great irons coming out, and you can have a great set of irons that performs well and you can be picky about how they look, since there are dozens of options to pick from in all categories.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?

--I am and I play once a week. South Florida is golf friendly year round.

1. 15 handicap

2.I currently play TM MC irons 5-pw kbs tour stiff 1 inch over

3. Yes I have been fitted for my last three sets.

4. I llike irons that give me some feedback with consistent flight and distance. Recently I have been going from a picker to a bit of a digger on shorter irons. So I am getting more interested in turf interaction. I am a member of a club that has grass ranges and the course has been open all winter.

5. Yes, no problem getting these out. I play 2-3 times a week. Usually a walking nine for lunch.

Right around 16-17

Bridgestone j40 dpc

Yes, a couple months ago

Forgiving, good distance, nice feel! Also they should be consistent

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?
Yes I play once a week minimum. Regardless of weather

Thanks THP!!! And thanks ping for stepping up!!

Would I like to try these or what...
handicap 22
current irons Taylormade Burner LCG
i have never been fitted for clubs but I am in the process of looking for a new set of irons
i look for something that inspires confidence when I address the ball. An iron that looks good to my eye....gives good feedback and workability...forgiveness is good but give me a clue I didn't hit it that well ....
I play whatever the UK weather so if the irons don't mind getting wet they will be fine :rain:

man, I am just thinking how awesome it is that PING is doing this.

Dear future testers....this is huge and I think people better make sure they can give 1000000%. If not, then PING may not come back. I just really hope people are aware what kind of weight they will be carrying for this

man, I am just thinking how awesome it is that PING is doing this.

Dear future testers....this is huge and I think people better make sure they can give 1000000%. If not, then PING may not come back. I just really hope people are aware what kind of weight they will be carrying for this

You make good points young Jedi! I reckon some testers are going to bring it!

1. What is your handicap? My handicap is unofficially a 7.
2. What irons do you currently play? The Wilson Staff Pi7 Irons
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I have never been fit for iron, but plan to with my next set of irons I purchase.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I look for a good look, not too much of a blade, but not a full blown SGI. I like to find the workability in the club, as I like to rope draws and hit high fades, I like to be able to compare the distance with my irons, the shaft quality, the grip quality, the shot height, and other idiosyncrasies that I will test before purchase.[/FONT]
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, I live on a golf course, so playing would be absoluetly no problem, allowing me to get great feedback to the forum quickly.

Thanks for this opportunity THP and Ping, these testings make THP become a better place for information and attracting new members to add to the forums. Without the companies like Ping, we wouldn't be able to test these clubs.

You make good points young Jedi! I reckon some testers are going to bring it!

I would agree, I just want people to realize the magnitude of this.

Thanks THP and Thanks Ping. I have owned two sets of Pings, the last being I-3 irons and am very intrigued by the I-20 irons.
1. What is your handicap? current index 7.2, course handicap 8 on most courses
2. What irons do you currently play? TM R11 3-AW sometimes will vary, taking out the AW or the 4I to include different wedge or hybrid
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? YES, the last time was for the current irons 6 months ago.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? A mixture of some playability with some workability, I would like lower flight from the short irons and less help from the short irons. Solid feel is important. Appearance is important to a degree but if they get the job done, I can tolerate some ugly.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? YES, real grass even though it is brown now, it will be green before too much longer. I play 4-6 days per week and have a grass range to use as well.

I would agree, I just want people to realize the magnitude of this.

I completely agree. This is absolutely huge! I don't know if Ping will read through this, but I am very happy that they are participating.

What a great opportunity from PING and THP!!! I just posted yesterday in the Equipment Ponder thread that I am totally content with my current bag and have no need to consider new equipment at this time. Yet, for the good of the forum, I would be willing to sacrifice and tolerate an intrusion from those sweet looking PING i20 irons!!

1. What is your handicap? My current GHIN index is 6.6

2. What irons do you currently play? I currently have a combo set of Mizuno MP 53s in the long irons, and 63s in the 7-P

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit for my current irons about 6 months ago. Other irons I have had adjusted for lie angle, but no official fitting. I did the full PING fitting back in 1996 for some ISI irons.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I try to strike a good balance between feel, forgiveness, and appearance at setup. I am a decent player with my shorter irons, and I need the proper feel and feedback with those clubs, along with the ability to hit them straight. I struggle with my longer irons, and some 3 and 4 irons I can barely get off the ground -- I need those clubs to be forgiving, although I prefer a certain feel with them as well. Appearance is not so much what the club looks like in my bag, but what it looks like at address. Top line should not be too thick, and I don't like to see a lot of the weight and sole material sticking out from the back of the club. This is usually only an issue with the longer irons.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Absolutely. The courses in Georgia are primarily dormant Bermuda right now, so they aren't very attractive, but they are certainly playable. I have been taking advantage of the mild Winter and have played 4 times in just the past week -- I am worried that we will get some freakish cold spell sometime, though.

I completely agree. This is absolutely huge! I don't know if Ping will read through this, but I am very happy that they are participating.

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Is it hard to get these OEMs to participate in things like this? I obviously know nothing about the process. Can someone shed some light? JB or GG can you explain the process and what goes into having OEMs send clubs to test?

If i didn't just buy a new set I'd enjoy this opportunity. Hit the i20s at my fitting & started to like them alot. They are fantastic clubs & a few people are going to be really happy about this. Good work THP & Ping.

Great opportunity for THP and Ping Golf!! Way to go! Look forward to seeing who get's their lucky numbers picked! Good Luck to all!

This place blows me away - another great opportunity! Good luck all!
1. What is your handicap? 8.6
2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP 53 4-PW
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, I was fit for my last 2 sets (about 2 yrs ago)
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Normally, I like a thin topline and more of a players iron look, but now with a child and less time I am looking for forgiveness with still some player characteristics. Trying to find that balance between looks and forgiveness has been difficult. I have been looking at irons similar to the i20's but can never pull the trigger.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, my home course has an open range and the course is open all year round.

Thanks to THP and PING for this opportunity.

1. What is your current handicap?
GHIN 1.7
Taylor Made TP CBs 3-W
3. Have you ever been fir for your irons and if so how long ago?
I was sorta fit for my current irons. They checked lie and length only.
Workability, feel, trajectory, and aesthetics.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next two weeks?
Absolutely. I am a member at a Country Club where I can play 7 days a week. The weather is really not a factor here.

1. What is your handicap? My handicap is currently 8.2 but in my last round about a week ago in medal competition I shot a gross 69 round a 71 par course.

2. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Mizuno MP-52 with Project X 5.5 which are 2* upright and 1/2 inch longer.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit for my MP-52 about 9 Months ago and I had a check up about 2 months ago just to see I they still fit okay. So I was last fully fitted about 2 Months ago.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? When I'm looking for a new set of irons I will look for a combination of looks, impressive feel and distance plus accuracy. I have read about the i20 and they definatly fullfil in the looks department.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I play about 4-5 times a week round the course and almost everyday on the range so I will be out on the course up to 10-12 times over the next two week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. What is your handicap? estimated 21

2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP CB

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit for my current set of irons about 7 months ago

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Something that performs for my game and swing, something that really appeals to my eye at address, I want to feel comfortable on every shot.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I belong to a local private club and the course is almost snow free and dried up and will be open for play within that 2 week time frame. Once open I am able to play as much golf as I can fit into my schedule.

Thanks to THP and Ping for an amazing opportunity. I would be very interested in finding out how a more players iron compares to my current set.

1. What is your handicap? 13.8
2. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Forged
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I have not been fit, per se, but I do have my irons bent after hitting them on a lie board. Never fit related to shaft, grip size, etc.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Appearence: Little offset, thin top line, smaller clubheads. Function: Good feel \ feedback, mid-launch
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. Already have 3 tee times booked in first two weeks of March and have availability to play more.

1. What is your handicap? 7

2. What irons do you currently play? PING i3+

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, 10 years ago.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Does the club build confidence when I sole it behind the ball that I can hit a solid golf shot.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Great golf weather in Florida

Last edited:
Thanks to THP and PING for the chance to see the new i20s!

PING G-15 Silver dots, stiff shaft, 1/2 inch longer shafts (left handed)

Yes, my pro fit me last April prior to the purchase of my G-15s using the PING Fit Kit

Feel and workability mixed with game improvement design, for starters. Since I have been playing PING irons my entire golfing life, I am comfortable with the look of the clubs and they fit my eye nicely. I was very curious to see how the i20s and Anser irons would fit my eye since I have been looking down at Eye 2s and G-15s for so long. I also like an iron that moves through the turf easily since I play a lot of southern Bermuda courses where gnarly Bermuda can grab a club and turn it off line easily. My current G-15s are surprisingly workable given they are game improvement clubs, and I am anxious to see just how much better the i20s allow me to move the ball left and right. One thing I always had to account for with my Eye 2s, but far less so with the G-15s, is the rather large gap in distance between the wedges and the 9 iron. I was pleasantly surprised by the gapping in the 15s as compared to the Eye 2s I hit for so long. I am expecting the I-20s to continue the consistent gapping between clubs as shown in the 15s.

Yes, living in Atlanta allows me to play almost year round and I do my best to play once a week and practice at least twice a week.

Last edited:
Damn Ohio and its unpredictable weather. Good luck everyone!

Tap before talk.

Good luck to all who enter! I wish I could play on a real course right now so I could sign up :(

Thanks to twitter, I just ran across this opportunity. Thanks!

1. What is your handicap? 10
2. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG2
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, 2 years ago
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Looks and playability
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, I play at least twice a week.

Back